Heracles

CNN - Hillary Wins PA

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If either Hillary ends up with a small margin, or the superdelegates flock to Obama, the media will perceive the nomination as decided, and not give her any attention unless she pays for it.

At this point it appears the exit polls overstated Obama's support in the greater Philadelphia area. If the exits were correct, Obama was going to come in around 47%. But they're off, he will come in significantly lower. 43, perhaps? That gives Hillary a 14 point margin. That's not small.

I'm an Obama supporter so this is disappointing but it is what it is.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If either Hillary ends up with a small margin, or the superdelegates flock to Obama, the media will perceive the nomination as decided, and not give her any attention unless she pays for it.

At this point it appears the exit polls overstated Obama's support in the greater Philadelphia area. If the exits were correct, Obama was going to come in around 47%. But they're off, he will come in significantly lower. 43, perhaps? That gives Hillary a 14 point margin. That's not small.

Wait an see i suppose, at 20% reporting, the margin is at 6%.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

you're obama's jockstrap? :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
metta... maybe you forget, Hillary used to lead by 20+ a few weeks ago.

Well, he spent 4:1 against Clinton and still no win.

That defies Conventional Wisdom that money determines outcome.

If Penn primaries had been held before Obama's boo boos, he could have won the state hands down with that amont of money spent, even with that initial handicap against him.

As I said, now that Obama is an attenuated candidate (due to self-inflicted damages) and with the economy really tanking, many voters have developed immunity against Kool Aid.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Democratic Primary isn't a winner-take-all, so what do you think the candidate who starts out trailing by more than 20 percentage points in PA should do?

The Democratic Primary isn't a winner-take-all, so what do you think the candidate who starts out trailing by more than 20 percentage points in PA should do?

well considering he has $45M MORE than his rival, I'd think a win isn't too much to ask.

Guess money CAN'T buy votes. :whistle:

Edited by illumine

Say what? Who keeps her from raising funds? If you believe for even one minute that she wouldn't have spent more if she could have, then you're kidding yourself. Her problem is that her coffers are empty and that campaign put the last couple of weeks of campaigning on a credit card. If her campaign can't raise funds then that raises some questions about her overall support.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

well considering he has $45M MORE than his rival, I'd think a win isn't too much to ask.

He spent $45M more than Hillary in PA?

He spent $45M more than Hillary in PA?

Did I say that?

Well, considering that he's ahead in fund raising, I submit that his candidacy has stronger support. Which is reflected in his lead in pledged delegates, popular vote and contests won. Her only way to the nomination is that against the expressed will of the voters. Only by declaring the primaries irrelevant can she be nominated. That little detail is stubborn and won't go away.

Say what? Who keeps her from raising funds? If you believe for even one minute that she wouldn't have spent more if she could have, then you're kidding yourself. Her problem is that her coffers are empty and that campaign put the last couple of weeks of campaigning on a credit card. If her campaign can't raise funds then that raises some questions about her overall support.

Money aside, she WON an election today. She was outspent & yet her supporters came out in record numbers to still VOTE FOR HER. The writing is on the wall if you choose to read it.

Well, considering that he's ahead in fund raising, I submit that his candidacy has stronger support. Which is reflected in his lead in pledged delegates, popular vote and contests won. Her only way to the nomination is that against the expressed will of the voters. Only by declaring the primaries irrelevant can she be nominated. That little detail is stubborn and won't go away.

Where were his supporters today? Oh yes, there weren't ENOUGH to support him. :lol:

Money aside, she WON an election today. She was outspent & yet her supporters came out in record numbers to still VOTE FOR HER. The writing is on the wall if you choose to read it.

This one contest aside, her projected margin of victory makes it all but impossible for her to take the lead in any category of this primary. She is and will remain behind in popular vote, pledged delegates and contests won. Period. That writing is all over the wall and yet you refuse to take notice.