SaadBell

Midnight Express

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Anyone ever see this movie, I flew straight and rode right after that. I use to party in Turkey, never even thought about laws, until I saw this in Germany. The music still haunts me.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I saw it a looong time ago. Can't say I remember much about it except for him getting caught and tossed away in prison.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Seen it. I believe the film is banned in Turkey.

Billy Hayes, who the story is about, has spoken publicly that the movie rendition hugely exaggerated/misrepresented what happened. He visited the country a while ago and has apologized to Turkey and the Turkish people.

See his interview here:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c55e4_4807

Anyone ever see this movie, I flew straight and rode right after that. I use to party in Turkey, never even thought about laws, until I saw this in Germany. The music still haunts me.
Edited by awaterlily

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Seen it. I believe the film is banned in Turkey.

Billy Hayes, who the story is about, has spoken publicly that the movie rendition hugely exaggerated/misrepresented what happened. He visited the country a while ago and has apologized to Turkey and the Turkish people.

See his interview here:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c55e4_4807

Oliver Stone wrote the screenplay, so that may explain any exaggerations.

Great movie. This got me wondering who was /what happened to the actor:

Davis contracted AIDS in 1979 apparently from his one-time cocaine addiction, but in response to the anti-AIDS hysteria in Hollywood, Davis kept his illness a secret for a number of years and continued to act. His later years had him finally revealing that he had AIDS and he became an AIDS activist in bashing the Hollywood industry and US government for ignoring and shunning victims suffering from the hideous disease. Davis died in 1991 at age 41. His widow, Susan Bluestein, continues his activist work in the fight against AIDS.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0077928/fullcredits#writers

I actually have thought about this quote from time to time:

Ahmet: Where are you going? Why don't you walk the wheel with us? What is the matter my American friend? What has upset you? Oh! I know. The bad machine doesn't know that he's a bad machine. You still don't believe it. You still don't believe you're a bad machine? To know yourself is to know God, my friend. The factory knows, that's why they put you here. You'll see... You'll find out... In time, you'll know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

saw it, have the soundtrack too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

What was that wheel, I never understood, did they just do it because of shear boredom?

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
What was that wheel, I never understood, did they just do it because of shear boredom?

I have no idea, but they definitely didn't like it when he went in the opposite direction. I would assume that it was symbolic of the inmates willingness to go with the flow or resign themselves to their fate. If memory serves me correct it is shortly after he goes in the opposite direction that he escapes (I haven't seen it in years though).

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow, that is wierd that you would bring this up. I've been looking in the local video stores for this movie this week. I think my wife would dig it.

Do you ever watch the show on the National Geographic Channel about Locked up overseas?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
Wow, that is wierd that you would bring this up. I've been looking in the local video stores for this movie this week. I think my wife would dig it.

Do you ever watch the show on the National Geographic Channel about Locked up overseas?

I never have. I do know that I thought it was pretty cool that I didn't visit the Vietnamese prison system last month!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I never have. I do know that I thought it was pretty cool that I didn't visit the Vietnamese prison system last month!

I always classified it as a good trip when I stayed out too.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

from what i remember from the book, yes.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!