13 posts in this topic

questions in this area...

One, is it essential to have 2 of these?

also, did you get them notarized?

and the basis content of such affidavits?

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

We had each side neighbor sign an affidavit we prepared for them. I believe it had their name address, date and place of birth. Don't remember if it was notarized or not. USCIS asks for them so I definitely would provide them. If you are a regular church attender have your priest or minister fill one out, I believe such an affidavit carries a lot of weight.

thanks for the info..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

I'm an over-achiever....I sent in six. Here is an example of one of them:

BEFORE THE UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

IN RE: Joint Petition of )

XXXXX and XXXXX to ) A# XXX_XXX_XXX

Remove Conditions on Residence )

ofXXXXXXX )

AFFIDAVIT OF: XXXXX

BEFORE ME, the undersigned authority, personally appeared XXXX XXXXX who, after being first duly sworn and cautioned upon her oath, deposes and states:

1. My name is XXXXXX XXXXX. I live at XXXXXXXX, USA. I was born in Senatobia, Mississippi, USA on February 5, 1942. I have personal knowledge of the facts set forth herein.

2. I have known XXXX since 2002. We met while painting ceramics.

3. My husband, XXXX, and I have enjoyed the company of XXX and XXX on many occasions. While we going out for dinner occasionally, we have established a couple of annual events that we particularly look forward to. For the past two years we have spent Christmas Eve with them and have attended a local charitable function held annually in the summer. XXX wants XXX to enjoy the social and cultural experiences of his new home. My husband and our son have introduced XXX to baseball by taking him to a Chicago Cubs game.

4. XXX told me about her relationship with XXX in 2004. The joy on her face and in her voice said her heart love. I have spent many hours painting and talking, listening and counseling. It was our honor to witness them take their vows. It is our honor to see that marriage blossom.

FURTHER AFFIANT SAYETH NAUGHT

XXXXX XXXXXX

STATE OF ILLINOIS )

) ss:

COUNTY OF C O O K )

Sworn to and subscribed before me this ______ day of ………..2008, by XXXXX, who personally appeared before me, is personally known to me or produced ………………as identification, and did take an oath.

Notary:

Print Name:

Notary Public, State of:

My commission expires:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you can send them in if you want but they are not a necessity specially if you have a lot of other evidence... they are mainly looking to see if your finances are intermingled etc...

I did not send in any affidavits and i was approved..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I used the templates from this site, had some friends and some neighbors sign them, then got them notarized. I know you don't have to do everything that is on the list of recommendations for the I 751 but I didn't take any chances, I made them up a nice folder with everything on the list with good documentation. I figure I'd rather have overkill then get a notice telling me I forgot something and waiting on the system... I still get nightmares about empty desks with stacks of paper 4 feet high... :wacko:

All done for the next 10 years...

Now more then ever..."and Miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep"

We had each side neighbor sign an affidavit we prepared for them. I believe it had their name address, date and place of birth. Don't remember if it was notarized or not. USCIS asks for them so I definitely would provide them. If you are a regular church attender have your priest or minister fill one out, I believe such an affidavit carries a lot of weight.

Lawers believe that affidevits carry a little weight-weakeast proof. But they have to be notarized if you want to send them (and from US ctzns or GC holders)

Karina and Tomy

Pretty simple!

If USCIS clearly ask for them in the instruction do them.

Why take a chance even if others were approved without submitting them.

Anyone that has gone thru all the BS to get to removing conditions should know by now to do what "The Man" ask for!!! :bonk:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline
Pretty simple!

Anyone that has gone thru all the BS to get to removing conditions should know by now to do what "The Man" ask for!!! :bonk:

umm, the instructions clearly state that the following list are examples.... if that whole list is required evidence, how is a person who doesn't have any kids supposed to submit a birth certificate???

The documents should cover, but not limited to,the following examples:

1. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the marriage.

2. Lease or mortgage contracts showing joint occupancy and/or ownership of your communal residence.

3. Financial records showing joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities, such as joint savings and checking accounts, joint federal and state tax returns, insurance policies that show the other spouse as the beneficiary, joint utility bills, joint installments or other loans.

4. Other documents you consider relevant to establish that your marriage was not entered into in order to evade the U.S. immigration laws.

5. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by at least two people who have known both of you since your conditional residence was granted and have personal knowledge of your marriage and relationship. (Such persons may be required to testify before an immigration officer as to the information contained in the affidavit.) The original affidavit must be submitted and also contain the following information regarding the person making the affidavit: his or her full name and address; date and place of birth; relationship to you or your spouse, if any; and full information and complete details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge. Affidavits must be supported by other types of evidence listed above.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I don't think we sent any in at first, and we had lacked evidence such as joint mortgages because when we opened the account they didn't want my name on it because i was 'conditional' etc - they were scared to commit to me because in their eyes my status wasn't secure.

Then we got RFE'ed.

We got about six or seven affadavits from friends - even one from my home country who had visited. One came from a US Navy officer and was notarized. The rest were just statements. We asked them to write it in their own words but to include the information that USCIS request. We also sent in a couple of other things - car insurance statement, one electricity statement with both our names on (that I had called up and explained the situation to the elec company and got them to assist)

I just found out yesterday that 'card production' had been ordered... so, I think it pays to include some. IMO.

K1 Visa Timeline. USA - England. Through VSC - 2003/2004/2005

Oct 6th 2003 - Sent I129F

Oct 10th - NOA1

Nov 25th - NOA2 online

Dec 8th - NOA2 in mail

Dec 13th - Notice telling us application being sent to Embassy within a week (dated 10th)

Dec 18th - Packet 3 received

Dec 21st - Forms sent to Embassy

Dec 29th - Checklist sent to Embassy

Jan 3rd 2004 - Interview date received

Feb 4th - Interview : Granted!

Feb 10th - LHR to JFK

March 20th 2004 - Wedding!

April 30th - Sent AOS & EAD papers to Hartford

May 3rd - Fedex delivered AOS & EAD to Hartford

May 29th -NOA for EAD received; NOA for AoS: forgot to include fingerprint fee. Asking for $70

June 1st - Sent check back for AOS Fingerprinting

June 3rd - EAD Biometrics appointment.

June 17th - NOA for AOS received: arrange for biometrics

June 25th - AOS Biometrics appointment

Aug 4th - EAD approved online

Aug 11th - EAD Card arrived

Aug 17th - Applied for SS#

Mar 21st 2005 - Received notice of AOS interview (may 25th)

April 16th - Received notice of AOS interview cancellation

June 21 - Received notice of AOS interview (July 5th)

July 5th - Adjustment of Status Interview

Juy 11th - Green Card Arrived

June 15th 2007 - I751 filed

Timeline
I don't think we sent any in at first, and we had lacked evidence such as joint mortgages because when we opened the account they didn't want my name on it because i was 'conditional' etc - they were scared to commit to me because in their eyes my status wasn't secure.

Then we got RFE'ed.

We got about six or seven affadavits from friends - even one from my home country who had visited. One came from a US Navy officer and was notarized. The rest were just statements. We asked them to write it in their own words but to include the information that USCIS request. We also sent in a couple of other things - car insurance statement, one electricity statement with both our names on (that I had called up and explained the situation to the elec company and got them to assist)

I just found out yesterday that 'card production' had been ordered... so, I think it pays to include some. IMO.

I am not saying you shouldn't include affidavits.... but if you have plenty of other evidence I think it is ok not to send them... and like you said you didn't have a joint mortgage so they probably wanted to see more proof......

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Pretty simple!

You see, my lawer has about 20 years of immigration experience-and talks to immg officers on everyday basis. He was very clear that I should not bother with affidevits. I was surprised-but why should I argue with professional about simple matter. Personally, I think it would not hurt to include. But if you have bunch of other stuff and do not want to bother friends/relatives, why overkill.

Karina and Tomy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.