parinita

URGENT ---> ABOUT OVERSTAY!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hello..my interview is on april 24...and I was just going through some paperwork and i noticed that i might have overstayed by 2months in usa....will that be brought up in the interview?!!!!

please let me know if they do keep track on all the entries we make to usa.

i m literally freaking out now since there are only two days to my interview:(

please help

than you all in advance

parinita

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hello..my interview is on april 24...and I was just going through some paperwork and i noticed that i might have overstayed by 2months in usa....will that be brought up in the interview?!!!!

please help

than you all in advance

parinita

The keep a record of all entries to the US. If you entered on a visa, then if you needed to return your visa or check-out before leaving the country then they have a record of it. Hope this helps.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

please help

than you all in advance

parinita

If you remember the US Visit system, that does keep track of when you enter and exit the US. (Not sure if Canadians have to use US Visit or not)

If your total overstay was less than 180 days you will not have to worry about a ban or wavier. But remember overstay is cumulative.

If it comes up in the interview, just answer thier questions honestly.

Edited by Dan + Gemvita

keTiiDCjGVo

I believe on one form that you bring to the interview with you there is a field for you to write how many times you were in USA and for how long. So you should state it there :) They will wanna know the explanation :)

Filed: Timeline

They're only concerned with overstays of 180 days and longer so I wouldn't worry too much, Parinita. (I believe you'll find a reference to the 180 days on the AOS instruction sheet.) Just be honest. Honesty at its worst will get you a waiver. Lying at its worst will get you a lifetime ban.

iagree.gif

Timeline
They're only concerned with overstays of 180 days and longer so I wouldn't worry too much, Parinita. (I believe you'll find a reference to the 180 days on the AOS instruction sheet.) Just be honest. Honesty at its worst will get you a waiver. Lying at its worst will get you a lifetime ban.

Actually they are concerned about all overstays but they won't consider the ban until you've reached 180 days. Krikit, you are right about MTL not being terribly concerned about short overstays. I overheard the beneficiary in the next booth with the overstay problem and the CO stated to her, "we're not really concerned if you've overstayed once for less than 6 mos." Honesty is the best policy Parinita, good luck!!!! :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline

hi everyone,

thank you all for ur replies!:)

I was just asking because i have stayed over in total 220 days after 6 months stay which was a long ago....and wanted to know if they will surely 100% brought it out without me telling them first?!!

if anyone knows please reply.

the other thing is that i had multiple visits to USA after that overstay but never was refused...so i m wondering if they do keep track on Canadian citizen's entry or not!

please someone reply soon!!

thanking all in advance and please pray for my interview on thursday

parinita

Timeline
hi everyone,

I was just asking because i have stayed over in total 220 days after 6 months stay which was a long ago....and wanted to know if they will surely 100% brought it out without me telling them first?!!

the other thing is that i had multiple visits to USA after that overstay but never was refused...so i m wondering if they do keep track on Canadian citizen's entry or not!

parinita

Entries YES, exits NO for normal B2 (tourist) visas. We'll be pulling for you! :thumbs:

IR5

Timeline
hi everyone,

parinita

Entries YES, exits NO for normal B2 (tourist) visas. We'll be pulling for you! :thumbs:

hey there...then how would they know that we stayed over or not??? i m so confused pls help

pari

Filed: Timeline

They really don't track the comings and goings of Canadians, per se. I guess if you were the sole occupant of a Canadian vehicle they could get a pretty good idea of when you came and when you left. Or if they stamped your passport at the airport. But that's only if you flew internationally. If you crossed the border and flew domestically they wouldn't stamp your passport. There really is no hard and fast proof (that I know of) of whether you took day or week or monthly trips. Did they give you anything to document your overstay, or did they even notice?

iagree.gif

Timeline
hi everyone,

parinita

hey there...then how would they know that we stayed over or not??? i m so confused pls help

pari

Just to add to what Krikit has posted, they wouldn't unless they have given you some documentation. What were the circumstances? Please be honest with them at the interview. I got upset that Mom was refused entry since I believed that it would cause some problem with her IV but when we went to MTL they didn't care.

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.