JVKn'CVO

Petite sizes

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
I wouldn't know! I'm tall and the smallest I've ever been as a full-grown adult was a size 8! :thumbs:

Same here (I'm 5'9"). Even at my thinnesttttt I can't go smaller than an 8 - and I was thin.

5'11 and size 6/8, for a long time I didn't even know that petite sizes existed.... :blush:

That's not cool!! now you're just rubbing it in! :P:lol:

I'm 5'2" :blush:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

My favorite store is Zara, but the closest one would be in Houston (3 hours away)

Since they are originally from Spain, they carry my size...Any time we go to Houston, It'll be a sure stop :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
I wouldn't know! I'm tall and the smallest I've ever been as a full-grown adult was a size 8! :thumbs:

Same here (I'm 5'9"). Even at my thinnesttttt I can't go smaller than an 8 - and I was thin.

5'11 and size 6/8, for a long time I didn't even know that petite sizes existed.... :blush:

Saludos,

Caro

I always felt funny to be that tall...I always was the tallest girl in school and all, NOT cool! Being tall has still big disadvantages, i.e., for a skirt or nice dress I can't find cool shoes...my hbby i shorter than me and I don't like to wear really high heels..that would probably look way better wit some outfits.

Oh well...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

New York Company carries petite sizes, i buy lots of clothes there...and they have a great sale on at the moment

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

My problem is that I'm short and skinny, but not THAT SHORT and skinny. So I'm like, 5'4" and 85-95 lbs. When I find adult clothes that will fit me, they're usually made for someone shorter than me. Clothes that fit me length-wise generally tend to be made for someone a good 15 lbs heavier than me.

Unless you want to spend tons of money on higher-end clothes, I'd suggest learning how to sew. Hemming and "taking in" aren't really that hard to pick up.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

I'd recommend finding a good tailor. Most stuff looks better anyway when it's structured to your own personal frame. That way you can get some of the mid-range stuff at Macy's, have it tailored down to you, and get out of there without spending a fortune.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
I always felt funny to be that tall...I always was the tallest girl in school and all, NOT cool! Being tall has still big disadvantages, i.e., for a skirt or nice dress I can't find cool shoes...my hbby i shorter than me and I don't like to wear really high heels..that would probably look way better wit some outfits.

Oh well...

My best friend is in the same situation. I think she looks very good in high heels :yes:

New York Company carries petite sizes, i buy lots of clothes there...and they have a great sale on at the moment

Nice clothes! do they only sell online?

Get used to fast food in the US, do Mickey D's regularly and your petite size problem will soon solve itself. :P

Can I double my intake of tex mex instead? :lol:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***

I usually go to department stores (Macy's, Dillard's, places like that) for work clothes. I wear regular tops but generally have to get petite pants and skirts (I'm 5'3"--pretty tall by petite section standards!--but have short legs, sadly). The department stores are often pricey, but there's almost always a good sale section. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit right, so I'll fork over the cash if I find something the right size. Also, check out Stein Mart if there's one in your area.

Just for you giants who don't frequent the petite section: Petite in clothing terms refers to short limbs and torso, not slimness. You can be a size 20 and still wear petite clothes. I wear a petite 10-12 (have I mentioned my soulful booty?). :blush: I think I wore a size 2 for about a month during my growth spurt at age 12, so I can't speak for looking for clothes if you're both little and slim. I used to work with a gal who was 5'1" and tiny. She usually had luck in department store petite sections.

Although I like places like Marshall's and Ross, their petite sections tend to be small and have some hideous style and pattern selections. Always worth a look, though.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Timeline

Saludos,

Caro

Oh well...

I feel for the tall women. I'm also really tall. I don't think I've ever wore anything petite.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

I usually go to department stores (Macy's, Dillard's, places like that) for work clothes. I wear regular tops but generally have to get petite pants and skirts (I'm 5'3"--pretty tall by petite section standards!--but have short legs, sadly). The department stores are often pricey, but there's almost always a good sale section. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit right, so I'll fork over the cash if I find something the right size.

re. finding pants -- I have soo much trouble just finding pants in the 5'3"-5'4" range. I think it's because 5'4" is the traditional cut-off for "petite" sizes so we kind of get the shaft with a smattering of pants/jeans in each section, but not a whole lot.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

I LOVE Zara... Do they sell anything online? Banana has small sizes and work clothes. Jcrew I think has small sizes. NY and Company has stores at least where I live, but I've always found their fit to be large. I always have to go down a size, so if you are already a 0 you may have trouble. Try places like bluefly.com that sell designers for less. I'd think they have small sizes. Try online for your favorite stores, since they often have more sizes than in the store.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08