panamania79

Gas prices

122 posts in this topic

When will Americans finally wake up to bringing back mass transit to America. High speed rail, light rail etc..

I used mass transit to commute to and from work back in Aus. Therefore had quite a bit of fuel left over to use over the weekend.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gass prices ranges from 3.50 to 4.00 here...

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3.49 for premium this morning

NJ gas stations.

The station attendant looked at my car and told me quite emphatically that the gas

tank was on the left side.

"No, it's not." "Yes, it is." "No, it isn't."

Finally he admitted that it was on the right side of my car and asked me what kind of gas I wanted.

"V Power, please. Premium. 93. Full tank, please."

He nodded and pushed the "Regular 87" button.

I yelled "No!!!!"

He asked, "You don't want Regular?"

I was so enraged, I wanted to beat the ever living ####### out of him.

It's illegal to pump your own gas in New Jersey.

#######?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

interesting how with increasing gas prices, oil companies are making more money then ever before. The arguement of drilling in Alaska is often proposed without looking at why American oil companies are profiting by incredible amounts (more so than any other company ever). Supply isn't the biggets problem. OPEC has tons of oil but is only rationing out to keep its own sales and profits high. Exxon made $40 billion last year. Even for a capitalist nation, maybe some restricitons on prices should be put in place.

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I just paid $3.76 a gallon :wacko: It is getting to critical mode----eat off the dollar menu or drive? hmmmm already gave up smoking and good coffee.

Jackie

Exact same price here!!

I-130 & G325A

09/11/2007 I-130 & G-325A mailed today, to Los angeles, CA

03/16/2008 Received RFE I-130

03/26/2008 RFE for I-130, sent to LA Through USPS Certified mail

03/31/2008 I-130 RFE response letter is received

04/09/2008 I-130 case processing has resumed

04/17/2008 I-130 APPROVED!!!! DATED 04/14/08 YAY!! 7 monthes to approve.

I-485 & EAD

03/13/2008 Sent I-485 & EAD to Chicago Lockbox through USPS Priority Mail

03/16/2008 I-485 & EAD Received by R. MERCEDO USCIS Chicago IL

03/25/2008 Received NOAs for I-485, I-765

03/28/2008 Received Biometrics Appointment Notice

03/29/2008 Biometrics done-Appointment Scheduled 4/05, but I went early.

03/31/2008 Case Status shows up Online

04/03/2008 EAD touched

04/10/2008 RFE for I-485 received today, dated 4/04/08

04/11/2008 Sent RFE to Lee's Summit, MO / USPS priority mail

04/14/2008 USCIS received RFE response; signed by C BORDERS.

04/17/2008 Case processing resumed

04/22/2008 Touched

05/09/2008 Received EAD Approval Notice from CRIS "Card production odered"

05/14/2008 EAD card production ordered, 2nd notice

05/16/2008 EAD Approved & Sent!! (61 days)

05/19/2008 EAD in hand!!!!!

GOD SPEED FOR ALL OF US WITH TRUE INTENTIONS!!

interesting how with increasing gas prices, oil companies are making more money then ever before. The arguement of drilling in Alaska is often proposed without looking at why American oil companies are profiting by incredible amounts (more so than any other company ever). Supply isn't the biggets problem. OPEC has tons of oil but is only rationing out to keep its own sales and profits high. Exxon made $40 billion last year. Even for a capitalist nation, maybe some restricitons on prices should be put in place.

Supply is part of the problem, but not THE problem.

Large debts owed to other countries has decreased the value of the dollar. Since oil is priced in dollars, producers rise prices to make up for the difference. Only your not likely making more to compenate.

Speculation. Part of what caused the boost in real estate prices. Speculators play havok on supply by buying up oil futures. Buying up enough futures causes prices to rise.

Demand is increasing in India and China. More people are buying cars. Although the US is on track for its first decrease in oil consumption in quite a long time.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I paid 3.56 yesterday. :dead:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The high price is to keep the supply stable. If people (drivers) know how to drive, they can reduce their gas consumption.

1. Constant stop and go is a very inefficient way of commuting. On the highway, avoid as much as you can from hitting the brakes to yield the vehicle in front of you. Just remove your foot off you accelerator, you will eventually slow down. This will save you a great deal of gas. Just be smart not to goto fast or this will not work.

2. On rainy days, use the thermofrost to eliminate the fog windshield. After it is gone, turn it off. When fog accumulates again, turn it on. Repeat the process when need to.

3. If the traffic light is red, don't keep on accelerating. Take your foot off the pedal. You will slow down, but, having your foot on the pedal does you no good because you will only consume more gas than need be because you will stop anyway. Also, when your car is at rest it takes more energy to move the car initially due to static friction.

4. Reduce unnecessary weight in your car. The heavier your car, the more gas it consumes. Sure, it may be 8 oz, but, multiply that by the length of your trip, and you will be surprise how much it translate to into total energy waste.

5. Avoid using A/C as much as possible. When you're hot, turn it on. Turn it off when you think the temperature is good enough. Then turn it back on. Repeat the process when you need to.

6. Keep your car RPM as close to 1000, or 2000.

7. Check your tire pressure to make sure they are neither underinflated or overinflated. Usually for sedan types, it's 30-32 PSI/tire.

There are more tips that you can find online. This will save you lots of money.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

$4.25 for diesel. 7 miles to the gallon. If this continues you can expect to pay out the nose for basic commodities. The thing that cracks me up is that a big portion of my fellow truckers loves them some Georgie Bush. It actually makes me want to puke. Can anyone say "Golden Parachute"?

bush-w-gear.jpg