Ta Ta

DENIED at 2. interview

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

I talked to an attorney who comes highly recommended and specializes in waivers.

$ 7500, chances are 85 - 95 % to getting the waiver approved in an estimated time frame of 6 months or so for our particular situation.

Only one problem, my finances are depleted after 2 years of embassy run around. We have no $ 7500 nor can we borrow more.

Also my fiance must fly AGAIN to Dakar, Senegal for the 4. time to submit the waiver himself and then for a 5. time for a 3. interview.

The embassy has not adjusted any regulations so that the back and forth to the embassy would not cause such an exhausting financial hardship for

countries without consulate processing for immigrants. Flying back and forth like this is just insane, its not like it is around the block.

Doing this without a lawyer is not recommended in our circumstances and many other lawyers don't know much about waivers.

Sigh !

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Omoba

I have not seen this poster lately, but KitKat was the waiver go-to person, have you tried getting in touch with her? She might be able to assist you. I am sure that overstaying a visa is more seriuos then spelling your name wrong (misrepresentation). well she might be able to direct you t counsel that are more reasonably priced or give youa guidline on how to write the waiver yourself.

Just my thoughts,

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i started reading this thread again hoping against hope that u had found a way to resolve this mess.......our embassy's at times are our worst enemy.......unfortunately in the embassy's there are good and bad people as anyplace that is a work place......maybe its power trip maybe its something else only they know.......but what ever the case is don't give up.......i know money is hard and that at times it feels like a losing battle but u will win God is on ur side........and you have so many people here on vj praying for u........u are a very special person and have had to fight all the way thru this.......my heart tells me that at some point u will succeed.........

sara

Filed: Timeline
i started reading this thread again hoping against hope that u had found a way to resolve this mess.......our embassy's at times are our worst enemy.......unfortunately in the embassy's there are good and bad people as anyplace that is a work place......maybe its power trip maybe its something else only they know.......but what ever the case is don't give up.......i know money is hard and that at times it feels like a losing battle but u will win God is on ur side........and you have so many people here on vj praying for u........u are a very special person and have had to fight all the way thru this.......my heart tells me that at some point u will succeed.........

sara

My best advice is to find out what paper work is involved in doing a waiver,then consult a local immigration attorney..You need to hail mary it if you cannot afford 7500....I actually got a medical expedite and everyone told me I couldnt.You could say that he applied for the tourist visa before he had his passport..can you find any documentation that he spells his name 2 ways?like any other paper with his name with a v?i was also told by attorneys I couldnt get a waiver...wrong...i did..and their advice cost me 1 year cause i married instead of sticking with a k1 like i should have.If you have a 75 to 80 percent chancewith a waiver with an attorney.You have the same odds without.I will help you formulate a letter of arguement just as a friend and maybe if you can get ahold of the local law school or pre law school you can get a class to all write letters and you can read through of the classes letters and write your own. I personally think even your own waiver would work.he was forced by regs to deny you...he encouraged you to file the waiver..i think it would be approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh my gosh!! (((Omoba))) tears come to my eyes reading this, but also anger. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know you have been going thru this journey for quite some time. Please pray for God to reveal His plan to you. The meaning of this will soon come to light.

As far as the email thing.....so are you saying that they hacked into you guys' email accounts? Thats super scary.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Above is the link that talks about the government spying on whoever they chose to without any court order.

As I said nothing is privat online anymore, every keystroke can be monitored. This was on our local news, there are spy buildings in several cities.

AT&T is cooperating with the monitoring.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is part of the Patriot Act and was also part of the Protect America Act. Expecially when you communicate with someone outside the United States your traffic may be monitored without the need for a specific court order.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Timeline
It is part of the Patriot Act and was also part of the Protect America Act. Expecially when you communicate with someone outside the United States your traffic may be monitored without the need for a specific court order.

Correct. A lot of people do not realize this and think a court order is needed.

As often happens, this act is now being abused and used on any everyday citizen for whatever reasons.

It burns my butt that this can happen in America under the pretense it is for security reasons.

This is exactly what was predicted by many who were against the Patriot Act in the frst place, knowing it would

not be contained for natioanl security purposes.

Big brother is watching !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Omoba, thank you for sharing. It is scary that this informaiton is readily available to the government but I did not realize how much "privacy" we have.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Scary. I've always operated under the assumption that nothing on the internet is private. I would think they would focus on real fraud like the Visa Scams and Romance Scams and all of that kind of thing. Its unfortunate and scary.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Life is no longer simple. One of the easiest ways to send hidden data is in pictures. So pictures traveling into and out of the country are looked at to varying degrees. Yes big brother is watching. Do they care about your plans to spend that first hot night together NO but they do want to know that what appears to me a picture of you in front of moms house doesn't really contain much much more.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Update :

We were blessed with the money to proceed after 5 months of sitting still. I have selected an attorney out of about 40, who I have interviewed,

asked questions and researched their answers.

He is competent and easy to talk to and work with, available when I need him and has waiver knowledge at the field office where my case will be adjudicated.

His fees are fair.

We can move forward now to the leg work and strategy phase, collecting supporting documents for our specific case etc.

My SO and I are doing fine and looking forward to the goal of being together.

It has been a 3 year journey and it has not been easy. But our relationship survived despite all opposition. We have grown closer than ever before.

Keep us in prayer ! We need it !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.