6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, my sister has a little girl who is Special. The little girl has agenesia of corpus collosum She is 5 years old. She was born in USA. So, we have heard about that my sister and her husband can get their residence based on this special stage. They can argue that the medical care in our home country isn't as convenient as here in USA. The development of skills on the child depends in great amount of physical, occupational and speach therapies (4-6 times a week). Well, I'd glad to get a lot of info as we can for doing the best choice.

They entered ilegally on 2000 and they are protected by 245I. The petition was made on April 2001 by one of my citizen sister.

What are the chances?

Thank you for the help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, my sister has a little girl who is Special. The little girl has agenesia of corpus collosum She is 5 years old. She was born in USA. So, we have heard about that my sister and her husband can get their residence based on this special stage. They can argue that the medical care in our home country isn't as convenient as here in USA. The development of skills on the child depends in great amount of physical, occupational and speach therapies (4-6 times a week). Well, I'd glad to get a lot of info as we can for doing the best choice.

They entered ilegally on 2000 and they are protected by 245I. The petition was made on April 2001 by one of my citizen sister.

What are the chances?

Thank you for the help

I am truly sorry about your nieces condition.

My USC daughter has a rare form of epilepsy known as infantile spasms, which is sometimes seen with children your nieces condition. I don't know much about the medical condition being a pathway to legal residency based on that alone, but I do know that my CR-1 visa interview was expiated based on the arguement that our daughter prognosis relied on receiving the social services that she is entitled to.

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA
I-130 Process
06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC
08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back
08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package
09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130
09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)
09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail
12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE
12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail
12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info
01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!
I-130 at NVC
01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned
02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA
02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email
02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed
02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill
02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check
03-13-2007 | I-864 received
03-21-2007 | I-864 sent
05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)
06-02-2007 | IV Bill received
06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent
06-26-2007 | Received DS230
06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC
08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)
11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC
11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness
11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th
12-11-2007 | Told by contact at US Consulate in Toronto that our interview date will be on Jan 4th.
01-04-2008 | Interview In Montreal. VISA GRANTED
01-11-2008 | Arrival in the US
11-09-2009 | Biometrics taken for 10 year green card
01-20-2010 | Approved- 10 GC ordered for production

06-22-2013 | N-400 package sent

Timeline

What are the chances?

Thank you for the help

I am truly sorry about your nieces condition.

My USC daughter has a rare form of epilepsy known as infantile spasms, which is sometimes seen with children your nieces condition. I don't know much about the medical condition being a pathway to legal residency based on that alone, but I do know that my CR-1 visa interview was expiated based on the arguement that our daughter prognosis relied on receiving the social services that she is entitled to.

Thak you for repply. We have heard that if they meet 10 years in USA they can apply for the residence based on that condition per se. But we want to be sure about if it's possible or not. They have 7 years in USA, maybe they will wait 3 years more to start to moving the cases.

I wish that if someone of you'll know some information to this respect you will kindness to share it to me. Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You should contact a competent immigration attorney - ask them first if they have handled anything like this before paying them. My friend got married in India - they had a son with Duchene (MD) - when they discovered it, they were able to migrate to USA based on that (it was a long time back and her sister who was in USA helped her get this all done). Unfortunately he passed away about 10 years ago, and I do not have any contact with her, but I remember him telling me that - that's how they were able to migrate - based on medical care of their son. No, they never lived in USA prior to getting the VIsa - they may have visited once or twice but I doubt that also. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline
You should contact a competent immigration attorney - ask them first if they have handled anything like this before paying them. My friend got married in India - they had a son with Duchene (MD) - when they discovered it, they were able to migrate to USA based on that (it was a long time back and her sister who was in USA helped her get this all done). Unfortunately he passed away about 10 years ago, and I do not have any contact with her, but I remember him telling me that - that's how they were able to migrate - based on medical care of their son. No, they never lived in USA prior to getting the VIsa - they may have visited once or twice but I doubt that also. Good Luck

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm sure that it way is possible. But I don't know how to search info or lawyer who has cases like this. Maybe this is one of the complicated cases that need an attorney.

Timeline

I was looking for more info and some people told me that the 10 yrs law exists but there will be risk to be deported if the petition will be denied. What do you know about it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.