Trumplestiltskin

Vigilante Baker parents bashed daughter's tormentor

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
What happened to the good ol days when two kids could call each other out to the alley, duke it out and shake hands afterward?

The laws changed. Police are in the schools now.

So, if you have a fight after school - both of the 'perpetrators' are taken away, into custody, rarely to been 'at that school' again.

Welcome to USA !!

in other news.

Ya, bullying is huge problem outside of the USA. Japan first reported stats on it, this century, then other countries stepped up with counting things, and then there were the 'national campaigns against bullying' in tv, print, and radio.

There's been a bit of movement last year in the USA about it, but honestly? There are larger issues with bullying in the USA, most schools have zero-tolerance policies in place about this (sorta missed out on the national ad campaigns, Columbine shifted the focus a lot, made much 'zero-tolerance' across the land, after that).

Who was studying Gene Hunt's prior posts, anyway? come on...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BY, I work for the police, remember? I can't say that I know anything about Oz cops, I can attest to what goes on with the ones here, and by here, I mean the department I work at. Police have broad latitude when it comes to searches, especially since 9/11. But that does not mean that they can just randomly go up to anyone and search them for no reason, that is insane and illogical. You have to have a reasonable belief that someone is going to, or has commited a crime. That seems quite broad, and a lot of people do wish to more narrowly define that, including the ACLU. But, as it is today, it is quite easy.

I do watch that show Gangland, a little too much :lol: The only gangs I've actually heard about in Aus. are biker gangs and immigrant gangs from PI, Vietnam, Cambodia. I don't have the time to research it more.

Thats a very scary thought! Doughnuts get your fresh hot doughnuts!

Edited by Col. Lingus

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
BY, I work for the police, remember? I can't say that I know anything about Oz cops, I can attest to what goes on with the ones here, and by here, I mean the department I work at. Police have broad latitude when it comes to searches, especially since 9/11. But that does not mean that they can just randomly go up to anyone and search them for no reason, that is insane and illogical. You have to have a reasonable belief that someone is going to, or has commited a crime. That seems quite broad, and a lot of people do wish to more narrowly define that, including the ACLU. But, as it is today, it is quite easy.

I do watch that show Gangland, a little too much :lol: The only gangs I've actually heard about in Aus. are biker gangs and immigrant gangs from PI, Vietnam, Cambodia. I don't have the time to research it more.

you mean you missed the road warrior gangs they had on a few weeks ago?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

BooYah .. that 'bullying' piece was for Australia.

You can't find the same news stories in the USA about bullying - most school administrators call the cops, the cops pick up the kids in the principals office, and they're gone. G-O-N-E.

These days, is not 'fair' to compare bullying outside the USA, to bullying INSIDE the USA - as MOST countries outside of the USA - do NOT HAVE a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy in place.

please don't dig up the charts and graphs on this one, ya? that news report from Gene Hunt is 3.5+ years old.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'll give you another example. I was recently in the ghetto. You see people loitering and chilling in street corners right. Stock stand sight in America. One would think, the police would be on the beat, showing their presence as they do in the UK or Aus. Nope, as that is apparently 'profiling' and 'raaaaacist'. Instead, I receive a ticket for driving on a four lane road, with nothing built on either side, with a medium in the middle, for doing 50. I thought the speed limit was 45, as it usually is with such roads, but the limit had been reduced to 35. Who better to target than a rich white guy right?? Especially since proactively targeting criminal would just be raaaaacist..

Australia has small and limited biker gangs. However, the police are on them like a hawk. No such thing as 'you're violating my rights or freedom man' over there. The duty of the police is to protect the safety of the community period. Not to laughable ensure that a criminal's constitutional rights are not violated. How f'n idiotic is that..

ACLU in Australia? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... izzit?

Two separate points.

Edited by Booyah

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

The laws changed. Police are in the schools now.

So, if you have a fight after school - both of the 'perpetrators' are taken away, into custody, rarely to been 'at that school' again.

Welcome to USA !!

If they are caught! My son tells me the kids go off campus they put in place some look-outs and the two parties go at it. What is reported is but a fraction of what really goes on.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'll give you another example. I was recently in the ghetto. You see people loitering and chilling in street corners right. Stock stand sight in America. One would think, the police would be on the beat, showing their presence as they do in the UK or Aus. Nope, as that is apparently 'profiling' and 'raaaaacist'. Instead, I receive a ticket for driving on a four lane road, with nothing built on either side, with a medium in the middle, for doing 50. I thought the speed limit was 45, as it usually is with such roads, but the limit had been reduced to 35. Who better to target than a rich white guy right?? Especially since proactively targeting criminal would just be raaaaacist..

Two points here BY. First, just because you don't see a patrol unit, doesn't necissarily mean they aren't present in the area. Second, it is counter productive to shakedown every single person you think has a little bindle of pot in their pocket. There is a bigger picture here.

You have to be joking with your outrage at geting pulled over and cited. Why would a well off white person be driving through the ghetto? It's a well known scenario in which people are trolling for drugs. So, were you looking for some crack BY? :lol:

Two points here BY. First, just because you don't see a patrol unit, doesn't necissarily mean they aren't present in the area. Second, it is counter productive to shakedown every single person you think has a little bindle of pot in their pocket. There is a bigger picture here.

You have to be joking with your outrage at geting pulled over and cited. Why would a well off white person be driving through the ghetto? It's a well known scenario in which people are trolling for drugs. So, were you looking for some crack BY? :lol:

Your PROFILING? You should be ashamed!

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
What happened to the good ol days when two kids could call each other out to the alley, duke it out and shake hands afterward?

Those were the "good ol' days"? :blink: What I saw in school was the strong and thuggish preying upon the weak who minded their own business. What happened to the good ol days when kids who simply wanted to learn could do so without threat of violence from their classmates?

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Those were the "good ol' days"? :blink: What I saw in school was the strong and thuggish preying upon the weak who minded their own business. What happened to the good ol days when kids who simply wanted to learn could do so without threat of violence from their classmates?

Huh, we always helped the ones that were being picked on. Unlike today when other kids stand-by and laugh.

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline
Huh, we always helped the ones that were being picked on. Unlike today when other kids stand-by and laugh.

How long ago were you in school??

Our timeline:

Our Photos

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

How long ago were you in school??

80's

― Andrew Wilkow

Timeline
80's

I graduated from high school in '83...

Our timeline:

Our Photos

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is how people should react. When the law fails to protect, due to disingenuous groups like the ACLU protecting the perpetrators rights, we need to take matters into our own hands.

Two words...concealed carry.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla