no name

New UK coins

34 posts in this topic

I send them to Kevin everytime a new one comes out. I got him a folder once with a slot for each one so he can save them.

We also just started the gold dollar coins (about a year ago) with the president's faces on them. I think there are 3 or 4 so far.

Cool - will have to get Jeremy to get me a wallet :D Or I could just get one when I move :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Ooooh! I want a wallet too!! :lol:

Gold dollar coins? That's a great idea. Are they going to replace the paper ones? Or are they just special edition?

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

You can get gold dollar coins anyway :D I just didn't realise there were collectible ones as well :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline

Hmm, I didn't know that! I have never seen one, I don't think?

Those paper dollars annoy the hell out of me! They take up sooooo much room in your purse!

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yeah, i wish we'd go to dollar coins...you can spend the gold dollar coins, but most people here for some reason still prefer the paper ones, so i don't see them going away anytime soon...have you seen the $2 paper notes? :lol: they are pretty rare...most people don't use them anymore unless they're in a bind...

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

I have a $2 bill :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a ten million Deutschmark bill :)

(1923; massive inflation ;) )

I used to show it to my Year 5 kids and watch their eyes bug out of their heads... there was always a moment's lull before someone blurted 'why don't you SPEND it, miss?!' :lol:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I have a ten million Deutschmark bill :)

(1923; massive inflation ;) )

I used to show it to my Year 5 kids and watch their eyes bug out of their heads... there was always a moment's lull before someone blurted 'why don't you SPEND it, miss?!' :lol:

:lol: It escaped being used for fuelling home fires?! Impressive!!! Ahh the great depression ;) Oh I want to go read all my history folders again now :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Other Timeline

State quarters.....lemme tell you a funny story.....

Wes' first visit to me was in February 2005. By that time, we Americans were used to seeing the state quarters in our pockets and they really didn't mean anything to us unless you were a collector, which I am not.

We went thru McDonald's one day, and Wes gave me some money. He'd been here about two weeks and I looked over and saw him fiddling with his change. I remember thinking 'omg he's having trouble with the money'. When I asked him, he said 'no I'm looking at these quarters - they're not all the same' - LOL

So I explained the program to him, and he became transfixed! Immediately when we got home he started going through all the change in the house trying to find different states. He looked them up online to find out how many had come out so far and he made a list of the ones he didn't have. He continued sifting through quarters every time we went out and got change, and there was a great celebration everytime he located a different one. When he went back home, I was duly charged to continue looking for 'missing states' until he came back again...

Of course now we have a folder, battered coins have been replaced by mint or near mint, and he collects both D's and P's. And he thinks its pretty funny that the rest of you Brits like 'em too.....

Timeline

:rofl:

That's priceless!

Sarah was quite amused at my reaction to the coined pounds. For the first two weeks of my visit, I just kept the coins in my pocket. I kept forgetting about the coined pounds and just always gave out notes. I always joked around about getting a change bag. I think at one point I had about 25 pounds in coin in my pocket!!!!!!!

Her brother was quite amused with my American bills, saying how confusing it was to have them all the same color and same size!

We were in Glastonbury and went to a cafe, and I paid for our coffee, and the lady literally gave me back about 4 pounds in 20p coins!!!!!! To this day, I tell her if they ever have a vote to get rid of a coin there, go for the 20p!!!!

Edited by Jason&Sarah

K1 Visa Process:

I-129F Sent : 2008-05-23

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-05-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-10-01

NVC Received : 2008-10-03

NVC Left : 2008-10-21

Consulate Received : 2008-10-24

Packet 3 Received : 2008-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-11-10

Packet 4 Received : 2008-12-04

Interview Date : 2009-01-13 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-11

AOS:

Date Filed : 2009-04-14

NOA Date : 2009-04-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-04-30

AOS Transfer: 2009-05-06

Approval / Denial Date : 2009-08-07 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Greencard Received: 2009-08-21

ROC:

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-07-22

NOA Date : 2011-07-25

Bio. Appt. : 2011-08-25

Approved : 2011-10-21 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Green Card Received : 2011-10-26

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a feeling I'm going to like looking out for the different quarters too ;)

I like the different fifty pences here... though the only one I've kept is the one with 'fifty pence' written in all different fonts on the back; I think it's LOVELY :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Wes' first visit to me was in February 2005. By that time, we Americans were used to seeing the state quarters in our pockets and they really didn't mean anything to us unless you were a collector, which I am not.

We went thru McDonald's one day, and Wes gave me some money. He'd been here about two weeks and I looked over and saw him fiddling with his change. I remember thinking 'omg he's having trouble with the money'. When I asked him, he said 'no I'm looking at these quarters - they're not all the same' - LOL

So I explained the program to him, and he became transfixed! Immediately when we got home he started going through all the change in the house trying to find different states. He looked them up online to find out how many had come out so far and he made a list of the ones he didn't have. He continued sifting through quarters every time we went out and got change, and there was a great celebration everytime he located a different one. When he went back home, I was duly charged to continue looking for 'missing states' until he came back again...

Of course now we have a folder, battered coins have been replaced by mint or near mint, and he collects both D's and P's. And he thinks its pretty funny that the rest of you Brits like 'em too.....

:lol: Jeremy suggested getting the Ds and Ps but I said I wasn't that bothered... yet ;) When I move of course it might be a different matter just cause I am a bit... well... inclined that way :lol: I think my story is something a bit similar rj :D

:rofl:

That's priceless!

Sarah was quite amused at my reaction to the coined pounds. For the first two weeks of my visit, I just kept the coins in my pocket. I kept forgetting about the coined pounds and just always gave out notes. I always joked around about getting a change bag. I think at one point I had about 25 pounds in coin in my pocket!!!!!!!

Her brother was quite amused with my American bills, saying how confusing it was to have them all the same color and same size!

We were in Glastonbury and went to a cafe, and I paid for our coffee, and the lady literally gave me back about 4 pounds in 20p coins!!!!!! To this day, I tell her if they ever have a vote to get rid of a coin there, go for the 20p!!!!

LMAO - Jeremy *still* does that!! He is really good with the money here but I think it is just habit - change in the US really means very little whereas here it actually holds some value!! We try and save our notes and spend the coins!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

I'm not a fan of the new coins.

Feb 05 - met on match.com, spoke daily over Skype

Mar 05 - boy flew out to San Francisco to meet me, it was love at first site!

May 05 - I flew to Bristol, first time ever in England!

Sept 05 - boy flew back to SF, we got married!

Nov 05 - boy flew to SF for 2 week visit

Feb 06 - I moved with my dog to Bristol

4 visits home for 2 weeks at a time during these 2 years

(very homesick and not happy living in England)

April 2nd - I-130 & G325a sent! DCF process begins!

April 4th - Credit card charged!

April 5th - Email confirming file date of 4/4/08

June 21st - RFE for affidavits...bummer.

July 8th - sent affidavits back to Embassy

June 16th - Received NOA2!! Yay!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I have a $2 bill :)

Yeah, we have a couple of them. Brand new, no creases!

Hubby has the special folders too and we collect them. We got all happy earlier on in the year when we found a Wyoming one, all shiny and new. :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline
Well they can't change the royal coat of arms just for the coins and I think you'll find the reason it is not on the royal coat of arms is because Wales is a principality therefor has a different coat of arms.

Tony

Indeed, which is why I'm surprised this design was chosen. Normally, coins have local customisations for everyone, even us ruffians in the principality.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.