Asante Maroon

PORT of ENTRY (into the US) INFORMATION

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to forewarn you about a possible clerical error at the Port of Entry (POE)into the US that will affect your Social Security Application and Adjustment of Status. (For those who are not familiar with this:The POE is where your fiance goes when he first arrives in the US, right off the plane)

When I went to my local Social Security Administration office to apply for a social security card for my SO, we were told that there was a "name mismatch error" that appeared on the screen when they tried to enter my SO's information. Apparently, the officer who entered his name into the system at the POE into the US, misspelled his name (one letter in his last name). This mistake, delayed the process of his SS card because the application process could not be completed with this type of error.

My SO had to go all the way back to the POE to correct the mistake and will have to go back to the SS office to complete his application. The mistake could not be corrected by mail, phone, or on the internet.

I don't know how an officer at the POE will feel to be told to double check the spelling of your SO's name when inputting it into the computer, but I think its worth it if it saves you time and prevents a delay in any of your applications.

I just thought I should pass this info onto you guys. Hopefully you will have better luck!

Thanks for the information and I will dfinitely follow your advice.. :thumbs:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I sent her a note already.....but let me just add here. The immunization records are not in the sealed envelope. The POE doesn't even look at the immunization records. They are not required for entry, they are required for AOS. Your SO should keep the immunization records in a safe place. Bassi kept his on him on the flight because he didn't trust leaving it in his luggage. It's not something that the customs officers requested to see.

I think what happens sometimes is that the embassy makes mistakes and puts documents that should have been returned to the SO in the package. This is why the VJ member's SO did not have his immunization records. Like your hubby, Z, Kobby had his immunization records handed back to him.

This is the feedback I got from the VJ member:

In order to retrieve an important document that you may not have been given back at the POE...

-request original documents by filling out form G884 which could be downloaded on the USCIS.gov website

-contact home country and request original copies of the immunization/vaccination report. JFK POE says that they do not have any of the paperwork/documents... once you enter the country the POE send everything to USCIS. USCIS says that in order to get any documents from them you have to request it formerly with form G884.

Hope this helps...

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I sent her a note already.....but let me just add here. The immunization records are not in the sealed envelope. The POE doesn't even look at the immunization records. They are not required for entry, they are required for AOS. Your SO should keep the immunization records in a safe place. Bassi kept his on him on the flight because he didn't trust leaving it in his luggage. It's not something that the customs officers requested to see.

I think what happens sometimes is that the embassy makes mistakes and puts documents that should have been returned to the SO in the package. This is why the VJ member's SO did not have his immunization records. Like your hubby, Z, Kobby had his immunization records handed back to him.

This is the feedback I got from the VJ member:

In order to retrieve an important document that you may not have been given back at the POE...

-request original documents by filling out form G884 which could be downloaded on the USCIS.gov website

-contact home country and request original copies of the immunization/vaccination report. JFK POE says that they do not have any of the paperwork/documents... once you enter the country the POE send everything to USCIS. USCIS says that in order to get any documents from them you have to request it formerly with form G884.

Hope this helps...

In our case, the embassy never looked at the immunization records. They didn't need to see them for any reason and didn't look at them or take them. We left the interview with the immunization records in hand. The only thing they kept was his original birth certificate, and they returned that to us when we picked up the visa. They only kept the DS230 and those embassy forms and the medical envelope which was given to Bassi sealed from the clinic. The immunization record was not a part of the "visa" process for Bassi and I. It is a part of the AOS process for us.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think you guys are getting 2 different things mixed up.

The panel physician would have filled a immigration immunization form which is part of the medicals results that are given in the brown confidential envelope that our SOs are given to turn in to the embassy.

At the same time, our SOs should be given separate immunization records. This is NOT a copy of the immigration immunization form but just something that they would give anyone who goes to get immunizations. This is what some people have transcribed to the I-693 for AOS.

Some people do manage to get a copy of the actual immigration immunization form and have that transcribed to the I-693.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

The panel physician would have filled a immigration immunization form which is part of the medicals results that are given in the brown confidential envelope that our SOs are given to turn in to the embassy.

At the same time, our SOs should be given separate immunization records. This is NOT a copy of the immigration immunization form but just something that they would give anyone who goes to get immunizations. This is what some people have transcribed to the I-693 for AOS.

Some people do manage to get a copy of the actual immigration immunization form and have that transcribed to the I-693.

Okay....I get you....well maybe the VJ member's SO never received a copy of his records in the first place... Thats where the discrepancy was...

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

No. They fill out the medical evaluation form, but not the immunization part of it (Part 2). (Do they have the option, if you have immunization records from birth that you can provide. Yes they do have the option.) That's why it's due at the time of AOS, because it isn't done and included in the medical paperwork earlier. And if you don't submit it, you run the chance of an RFE during AOS. Previously, your SO could take the vaccination supplement form with them and ask the clinic to complete it when the immunizations were done and bring this for AOS so that it wouldn't have to be transcribed here in the US. But the USCIS no longer accepts the vaccination supplement (as of May 2008). In Ghana, you can go to two different places to do the medical portion, which is then returned to you in a sealed envelope to provide to the embassy at your interview with the results of the labs and xrays. The immunizations are a separate process that can only be completed at Akai House and does not have to be finalized before the visa is issued. It can be done in the US as long as it is done before filing for AOS.

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline

I guess you went through a different process than we did. When Inusah went for his first round of vaccinations the nurse who did them filled out the immigration immunization form saying that he got the complete series and gave that to him to turn in to the embassy. Everytime he went back for another series they would fill out the immunization card that they gave him.

Click for full timeline

Timeline
I guess you went through a different process than we did. When Inusah went for his first round of vaccinations the nurse who did them filled out the immigration immunization form saying that he got the complete series and gave that to him to turn in to the embassy. Everytime he went back for another series they would fill out the immunization card that they gave him.

Right. But that's not a form and it's not included in the sealed envelope. It's handed to the SO by the clinic and updated evertime he goes for another vaccination. It's separate from the medical. When Nusah did his vaccinations, his medical and labs were already done by Trinity and put in a sealed envelope. Akai House didn't get that sealed envelope, open it and add his immunizations to the form? right? He received the immunization record, the white card, from Akai House and that's the record that you use to have the immunizations transferred to the I-693 for AOS. It's not part of the medical for the embassy interview for the visa. It's not in the sealed envelope that give to Customs at the POE.

AOS

Timeline

I think Kobby had the same experience. I even told him from the very beginning to make sure he asked for an immunization card with the dates and vaccines he was given for his own personal records.

The thing is that, these places may not have a particular protocol. You may be serviced differently according to the person who is working that day. So its possible that we all had different experiences

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

This whole IMMUNIZATION thing is DRIVING ME INSANE!... Okay, my SO says he did everything at Trinity under the guidance of Mr. Ray and he only received a reciept from Akai house for his vaccinations.

I have not actually seen the receipt he is talking about because I am at work and he is at home. He keeps saying that everything regarding his medical experience was put in the envelope that he handed to the agent at the POE at JFK. He said all he got back was his passport and I-94 which is a white piece of paper.

My SO is incoraperative because he keeps saying that I SHOULD OF TOLD HIM TO REQUEST A COPY OF THE BLOODY VACCINATION REPORT when he was in Ghana taking it... AND I TOLD HIM...I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR IT.. I THOUGHT THEY WILL PUT EVERYTHING IN THE ENVELOPE AND THEN WHEN U GET TO THE POE THEY WILL LOOK AT IT AND GIVE IT BACK TO U.

Now, I am confused can he just take the receipt that he got for his vaccinations as proof for the AOS process and to take to the civil surgeon or does he have to go and TAKE THE WHOLE VACCINATIONS AGAIN OR REQUEST MR. RAY TO SEND HIM A COPY FROM GHANA????

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Timeline

Right. But that's not a form and it's not included in the sealed envelope. It's handed to the SO by the clinic and updated evertime he goes for another vaccination. It's separate from the medical. When Nusah did his vaccinations, his medical and labs were already done by Trinity and put in a sealed envelope. Akai House didn't get that sealed envelope, open it and add his immunizations to the form? right? He received the immunization record, the white card, from Akai House and that's the record that you use to have the immunizations transferred to the I-693 for AOS. It's not part of the medical for the embassy interview for the visa. It's not in the sealed envelope that give to Customs at the POE.

He went to Holy Triniy. Then he went to Akai house. Then, Akai House did the vaccinations, and thatt is when they told him that they would fill out the immigration immunization form and then send it to Holy Trinity. I had instructed him to get a copy of the vaccinations and the immunization card is what was given to him. They said they could not give him a copy of the immigration form because it was only for immigration. Its called the DS 3025 or something like that.

This is just :wacko: the way they do things in Ghana.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

He went to Holy Triniy. Then he went to Akai house. Then, Akai House did the vaccinations, and thatt is when they told him that they would fill out the immigration immunization form and then send it to Holy Trinity. I had instructed him to get a copy of the vaccinations and the immunization card is what was given to him. They said they could not give him a copy of the immigration form because it was only for immigration. Its called the DS 3025 or something like that.

So if I am reading correctly, you did tell Inusah to get a copy of his immunization report??? That is the same thing Asante Maroon did she told her Koby to get a copy of the immunization report too.... so then this is all my fault? I was supposed to tell my Kwame to get a copy of the bloody vaccination report too?

I didn't know you have to ask them for it or I would of...now I dont even know how to go about getting it.

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYTHING I DO HAVE TO BE SOOOO COMPLICATED! SORRY I AM LOSING IT ONCE AGAIN. HAVE TO VENT OR RELEASE SOME STEAM.

TIME LINE

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

07/18/2008 - Married

Timeline

So if I am reading correctly, you did tell Inusah to get a copy of his immunization report??? That is the same thing Asante Maroon did she told her Koby to get a copy of the immunization report too.... so then this is all my fault? I was supposed to tell my Kwame to get a copy of the bloody vaccination report too?

I didn't know you have to ask them for it or I would of...now I dont even know how to go about getting it.

WHY THE HELL DOES EVERYTHING I DO HAVE TO BE SOOOO COMPLICATED! SORRY I AM LOSING IT ONCE AGAIN. HAVE TO VENT OR RELEASE SOME STEAM.

This is not your fault or anyone's fault. Calm down. You and K, look for the vaccination card when you get home. You can contact Akai House and ask them for a copy of the immunization record. K has family there that can pick it up for him. If all else fails, he can always just get the vaccinations done again here in the US. This is not going to stop your process, just add a few extra steps. :thumbs:

AOS

Timeline

This is not your fault or anyone's fault. Calm down. You and K, look for the vaccination card when you get home. You can contact Akai House and ask them for a copy of the immunization record. K has family there that can pick it up for him. If all else fails, he can always just get the vaccinations done again here in the US. This is not going to stop your process, just add a few extra steps. :thumbs:

Thanks Zainab... I have a mind ful to just put in the paperwork for the AOS thingy and just wait for an RFE and maybe God willing by that time we will have the bloody vaccination report from Akai house, or maybe just maybe it will fall from the sky so I can live! lol losing it again.

Or on second thought...maybe I will just have Kwame go through the whole vaccination shots again...its just a couple of extra needles to stick him all over again right? lol. He told me that the shots was lethal when he took them in GHana :lol: he was numb for some time.. but maybe in U.S. they may be a little gentle :lol:

TIME LINE

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

07/18/2008 - Married

Timeline

This is how it went for Kobby. I also told him to request copies and he was given an immunization card.

Aww... But K&A told you that already....sorry just reading along... :whistle:

Edited by Asante Maroon
OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.