pinktulips2012

CFO

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear your story. I did my CFO seminar in Taft also, and the lady who counseled me was nice. She asked me only questions like how old i am , and how old my then boyfriend is, how and when did we meet, and how long was our relationship..

I think the woman who counseled your girlfriend, maybe was just being so meticulous and is why she demanded so much from her. But at least, its all good now.

Good Luck..

On top of it, the PRISM is an agency of the Philippine government and not under the jurisdiction of the US Congress. Just like we have to follow the additional procedures in the K1 process in the US Embassy in Manila ( calling to get an itnerview schedule/document verification ) It is annoying and frustrating but as they say " when you are in Rome...." we can't really do much but submit whatever they need to obtain a certificate.

My then fiance, was very reluctant to submit his W-2 to the US Embassy in Manila, but I told him if he wanted me to pass the interview we better give what they wanted.

While the CFO is a agency of the philippine government, it has no rights on me as a US citizen other than to ask to see my divorce decree. The jurisdiction is on Gretchen who is a Philippine citizen. The US embassy can require all my docs and i trust my documents with them, including my tax info. The US embassy IS the US government in Manila, But PRISM has no jurisdiction over me and my passport or my mothers birth certificate. They are a COUNSELING organization NOT the US Embassy. The US had already interrogated us and done a background check on me and my fiancee. They also investigated our relationship, looked at all our proofs and approved us. It is not the CFO's job to investigate our relationship, the US embassy has already done that and given their approval. Its their job to counsel and give advice. the CFO overstepped their bounds investigating me and my personal documents and keeping copies of them, especially in this day and age of identity theft. The CFO should be concerned with Gretchen and her adjustments to the USA culture. it is not their place to ask for proof i met Gretchen before and ask to see boarding passes and airline tickets from a year ago. And to have Gretchen in tears for 5 hours is no way to run a counseling organization on abuse and culture shock, other than to prove they know what abuse is since they give it so freely to the ladies who show up there for a seminar.

Chris

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you very much guys for the info... and for the replies. (F)

Naturalization

01-04-2012 --- N400 sent

01-11-2012 --- Check Cashed

01-10-2012 --- NOA1

02-07-2012 --- Biometrics

02-14-2012 --- Yellow Letter (it says "bring any state issued ID" for interview)

02-24-2012 --- Placed in line for Interview Scheduling

02-27-2012 --- Interview Letter sent out

03-02-2012 --- Interview Letter received

04-02-2012 --- INTERVIEW- passed!

05-01-2012 --- Oath scheduled/ Oath Letter Sent

05-16-2012 --- Oath Taking! I am now a USC!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-5

05-17-2012 --- I-130 Sent

05-29-2012 --- NOA1

09-24-2012 --- NOA2

10-11-2012 --- Received Case Number via email

10-12-2012 --- Mailed AOS

10-24-2012 --- Mailed DS-230

11-16-2012 --- Case Complete

11-27-2012 --- Received interview schedule via email

11-05-2012 --- Early Medical day 1

11-06-2012 --- Medical Day 2 -PASSED!

01-03-2013 --- Interview- APRROVED!

01-10-2013 --- VISA Received

01-14-2013 --- POE LAX

While the CFO is a agency of the philippine government, it has no rights on me as a US citizen other than to ask to see my divorce decree. The jurisdiction is on Gretchen who is a Philippine citizen. The US embassy can require all my docs and i trust my documents with them, including my tax info. The US embassy IS the US government in Manila, But PRISM has no jurisdiction over me and my passport or my mothers birth certificate. They are a COUNSELING organization NOT the US Embassy. The US had already interrogated us and done a background check on me and my fiancee. They also investigated our relationship, looked at all our proofs and approved us. It is not the CFO's job to investigate our relationship, the US embassy has already done that and given their approval. Its their job to counsel and give advice. the CFO overstepped their bounds investigating me and my personal documents and keeping copies of them, especially in this day and age of identity theft. The CFO should be concerned with Gretchen and her adjustments to the USA culture. it is not their place to ask for proof i met Gretchen before and ask to see boarding passes and airline tickets from a year ago. And to have Gretchen in tears for 5 hours is no way to run a counseling organization on abuse and culture shock, other than to prove they know what abuse is since they give it so freely to the ladies who show up there for a seminar.

Chris

Sorry to hear about your not so good run-in at PRISM. I did my guidance and counseling seminar there and didn't have any problems. I was counseled by their head and I really had a nice time with her. In fact we're still in touch until now. But I must say that they can be pretty strict there in PRISM. I have also seen some who were turned away due to lacking of documents. One girl there was asked to make a statement that she knows all about her fiance's previous marriages. They made her enumerate the details (name of ex spouse, date of marriage, date of marriage ended). There's one too who was turned away because she didn't have the divorce decree of her fiance. And then another one who was asked to make a written plan of what she will be doing in US and what her fiance's plans for her. It was a pain in the rear for them but they had to comply or no certificate.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

For all those people who take the passive attitude of "Well, it's their process, you have to comply if you want the certificate. What else can you do?" I say "PLENTY!!!!!!!!" First off, vote with your feet. As soon as you get any inappropriate ####### from someone at PRISM, just stand up and leave. No explanation required. Get on the LRT2 and ride up to SMEF COW. When the CFO HQ sees that the attendance figures at PRISM have gone down through the floor, THEY will be the ones doing the investigating...of PRISM..to see why no one is going there anymore!

As others have pointed out, the Philippines law requires Parental CONSENT for 21 and under. Parental ADVISEMENT (that is "PARENTAL NOTIFICATION") for 22 to 24 years old.

One suggestion is that there appears to be clear annecdotal evidence that those people showing up for CFO counseling session with their USA VISA ALREADY IN HAND receive a significantly less ADVISARIAL session than those that come before they have their visa in hand. Since SMEF COW now provides a one stop, one day service for both the counseling session and the CFO Passport Sticker, it's adviseable for people to wait until after they receive their USA VISA to attend.

In regards to the petitioner's Mother's Maiden Name and other nonsensical requests (Petitioner's Mother's Birth Certificate??!??! Give me a break!) Here is my standard answer: It's "CLAUS", as in MRS. SANTA CLAUS. Yes, that is sarcasm, but more palatable then the real reason: "It's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS AND EVEN IF IT WAS, I WOULDNT EVER GIVE THE 3RD MOST CORRUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT INFO".

Warm Regards,

Samby

Edited by TinTin and Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline

In short, its best to be concerned and aware about our partners. Pity to those who attend CFO and yet they are not aware of the basic and significant information about their partners. So, what are you gonna say when they already ask you some basic questions, and yet you can't answer it, then that would lead to a further interrogation to you. So better be mindful about your partners and know them very well.

Good luck everyone.429779khcqsolunx.gif

Timeline

Agreed to Mae..

In short, its best to be concerned and aware about our partners. Pity to those who attend CFO and yet they are not aware of the basic and significant information about their partners. So, what are you gonna say when they already ask you some basic questions, and yet you can't answer it, then that would lead to a further interrogation to you. So better be mindful about your partners and know them very well.

Sorry to hear about your not so good run-in at PRISM. I did my guidance and counseling seminar there and didn't have any problems. I was counseled by their head and I really had a nice time with her. In fact we're still in touch until now. But I must say that they can be pretty strict there in PRISM. I have also seen some who were turned away due to lacking of documents. One girl there was asked to make a statement that she knows all about her fiance's previous marriages. They made her enumerate the details (name of ex spouse, date of marriage, date of marriage ended). There's one too who was turned away because she didn't have the divorce decree of her fiance. And then another one who was asked to make a written plan of what she will be doing in US and what her fiance's plans for her. It was a pain in the rear for them but they had to comply or no certificate.

--Mae

For all those people who take the passive attitude of "Well, it's their process, you have to comply if you want the certificate. What else can you do?" I say "PLENTY!!!!!!!!" First off, vote with your feet. As soon as you get any inappropriate ####### from someone at PRISM, just stand up and leave. No explanation required. Get on the LRT2 and ride up to SMEF COW. When the CFO HQ sees that the attendance figures at PRISM have gone down through the floor, THEY will be the ones doing the investigating...of PRISM..to see why no one is going there anymore!

As others have pointed out, the Philippines law requires Parental CONSENT for 21 and under. Parental ADVISEMENT (that is "PARENTAL NOTIFICATION") for 22 to 24 years old.

One suggestion is that there appears to be clear annecdotal evidence that those people showing up for CFO counseling session with their USA VISA ALREADY IN HAND receive a significantly less ADVISARIAL session than those that come before they have their visa in hand. Since SMEF COW now provides a one stop, one day service for both the counseling session and the CFO Passport Sticker, it's adviseable for people to wait until after they receive their USA VISA to attend.

In regards to the petitioner's Mother's Maiden Name and other nonsensical requests (Petitioner's Mother's Birth Certificate??!??! Give me a break!) Here is my standard answer: It's "CLAUS", as in MRS. SANTA CLAUS. Yes, that is sarcasm, but more palatable then the real reason: "It's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS AND EVEN IF IT WAS, I WOULDNT EVER GIVE THE 3RD MOST CORRUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT INFO".Warm Regards,

Samby

:whistle: STATISTICS?? THEY DONT SPEAK THE TRUTH WHICH IS THE MOST CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS IN THE WORLD. . . YOU SHOULD KNOW

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In regards to the petitioner's Mother's Maiden Name and other nonsensical requests (Petitioner's Mother's Birth Certificate??!??! Give me a break!) Here is my standard answer: It's "CLAUS", as in MRS. SANTA CLAUS. Yes, that is sarcasm, but more palatable then the real reason: "It's NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS AND EVEN IF IT WAS, I WOULDNT EVER GIVE THE 3RD MOST CORRUPT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THAT INFO".Warm Regards,

Samby

:whistle:STATISTICS?? THEY DONT SPEAK THE TRUTH WHICH IS THE MOST CORRUPT GOVERNMENT IS IN THE WORLD. . . YOU SHOULD KNOW

Aside from obvious annectdotal evidence from anyone that has ever lived or done business there, here is a citation, if that is what you are interested in: http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2007/03/...ountry-in-asia/

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

yayks.. upon reading this now... huhuh i'm kinda nervous ....

although Im 26 but I have a hard time in immigration when I flew to other country before when I met Ryan.. They don't want me to go.. coz the immigration said.."

"Does ur parents know about this?

Did they allow you..??

How old are you (wahhhhhhh it's obvious coz I have my passport,, duh!!!... ) he don't want to believe me.. grrrrrrrrrr

"U know I will not let you go. coz ur small girl and look young... If something's gonna happen to u there.. it's our fault right????

I know that he's doing it for the good.. but it is exaggerated,, they mind our business :(

He have lots of questions,, personal .... I need to beg him coz Im there at his office almost 1 hour grrrr and the flight attendant keep on calling my name to board the plane.... and guess what, he makes sign something that whatever happen to me, my parents or whoever will not blame them (immigration)

so now im nervous again, I don't wanna experience it again...

I think i will go to SMef-Cow now that I read bad experienced in PRism... thanx for posting

Waaaaaaah anybody will go with me with the seminar next week?

Edited by I luv my chappara

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The issue is, if they wanted those documents and you didnt submit them, they have the right not to release the certificate

Actually we found out later that they have to release the certificate if you show up for the seminar. It is a counseling seminar. All you have to do is prove who YOU are ( the philippine citizen). We asked at St Mary's CFO and were told specifically they could not withhold the certificate if you showed up for the seminar. Unfortunately they make it seem like they can so the applicants dont know their rights, and they can push you around.

in fact a couple that was refused at PRISM for the certificate the same day as us, (because the US citizen wouldnt turn over his passport to them) went to St. Marys the next day, and got the certificate. They were instructed that PRISM was out of bounds and wrong to deny the certificate.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Timeline
There are also a lot of frustrations in dealing with the US Embassy in Manila, but we can't do anything but follow the procedure. As I have cited, my then fiance was reluctant to submit some papers BUT he had no choice.

Just because the US has done a background check on you doens't mean that the Philippine government can't.

Just a thought.

Your husband had to give documents to the US embassy. that is entirely different. He is a US citizen applying for a visa for a non citizen. The US government can ask for docs all day long. And we have to submit everything they wanted. I had to submit nothing to the Philippine government to apply for Gretchen's K1 visa. The Philippine government checked me when i applied to enter the country with my Passport. There is no part of the K1 visa process where the Philippine government investigates me or interrogates Gretchen. You are confusing the 2 governments and requirements. If i were immigrating to the Philippines, of course they will then investigate me. But that was not the case. And the CFO is not an investigating body for the Philippine goverment. They are a womens counseling center, to educate on domestic violence, abuse and give info on where to go for help in overseas countries. The Philippine embassy should have been the one to investigate me if such a thing was needed.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

The issue is, if they wanted those documents and you didnt submit them, they have the right not to release the certificate

Actually we found out later that they have to release the certificate if you show up for the seminar. It is a counseling seminar. All you have to do is prove who YOU are ( the philippine citizen). We asked at St Mary's CFO and were told specifically they could not withhold the certificate if you showed up for the seminar. Unfortunately they make it seem like they can so the applicants dont know their rights, and they can push you around.

in fact a couple that was refused at PRISM for the certificate the same day as us, (because the US citizen wouldnt turn over his passport to them) went to St. Marys the next day, and got the certificate. They were instructed that PRISM was out of bounds and wrong to deny the certificate.

Chris

Actually, my friend who attended seminar with me at PRISM was denied of her certificate of attendance because she didn't have the divorce decrees. She came back after she got her visa just to submit the missing documents, got the certificate, went to CFO main to get the stamp and flew the next morning. PRISM and St. Mary's have different way of doing the seminars. The PRISM people are much meticulous when it comes to requirements and necessary documents. So if you want an easy time, go to St. Mary's. :thumbs:

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

When I had my CFO in Cebu the interviewer asked me of my fiance's BC and I told her that I have no copies of BC or copy of his passport. She was shocked that I was so certain that the man I am going to be married is really single. She said that they need the BC or copy of Passport to check on something about him . I told her without any hesitation that I was soooo sure of my fiance now my husband. Anyway , I told her that my fiance will be wih me during my interview so I will just get the certificate after my interview and that was what I did after giving them the copy of his BC i got my certificate. MAybe it was just her style. :blink: :blink:

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Timeline

You misunderstand. Gretchen knew all the answers. The counselor asked Gretchen my mothers maiden name and she answered it. The counselor didnt believe it. Gretchen showed MY birth certificate listing my mothers maiden name on it, a certified birth certificate. Still the counselor didnt believe her and demanded to see MY MOTHERS Birth certificate!!!! ####### !!!!!!!

Just because you got the head of PRISM to do your seminar and it went great doesnt mean there arent NAZI women counselors there overstepping their authority and abusing the ladies that come there.

I ask you, where was the video for Gretchen to watch??? where was the counseling on domestic violence?? or anything regarding what they were supposed to do???? Gretchen's counselor was only interested in interrogating me and our relationship and when they finally had Gretchen in tears after FIVE HOURS OF IT, and saw that they couldnt convince her to NOT marry me and come to USA, then they gave us the certificate.

and i know several other couples with a similiar story who would also like to have a few hours alone with that counselor.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/19/08 Checks cashed

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.