6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i have my AOS interview next week and have been going through what we need to take with us.

on the checklist it says: Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application.

what are the supporting documents?

i've been racking my brain and for the life of me i have no idea what they are talking about. with the exception of marriage/divorce certificates, birth certificates and passports i'm pretty sure they have everything else.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Hi my interview is next week as well and i had the same problem. All i'm taking with me is a copy of the AOS paper work we sent in originally. With that i sent TAx returns, bank statements, business licence -my husband is self employed, divorce certificates, orginal birth certificates etc. Just the usual.

I really have no idea why they even need this stuff as it was all sent to them when first applying. As for other evidence i'm taking a ton of stuff, photos, wedding cards, house ins, bank statements etc,etc.

Good luck - hope it goes well for you!

married 21st may 2005

AOS SAGA

June found out I am pregant

July 28th Filed for AOS

Aug 1st NOA 1

Oct 05 Still waiting for appointment letter for Biometrics

Nov1st Infopass appointment booked - hopefully get Biometrics done then.[/color]

27th Oct 05 - Recieved AOS bio appt for 7th Dec- Jacksonville- waited 94 days for letter

7th Dec Biometrics taken

20th Dec - EAD work card arrived

Jan 8th - Recieved AOS interview letter

13th Feb - AOS interview and Approved- Green Card in Mail , stamp in passport

23rd Feb - Baby Daughter arrived - named her Devon

May 06 - STILL NO SIGN OF GREEN CARD-STILL WAITING & WAITING & WAITING

My interview is next week as well and I assumed the supporting docs were everything you mentioned, ie birth certificates, marriage certificates etc.

GOOD LUCK!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi my interview is next week as well and i had the same problem. All i'm taking with me is a copy of the AOS paper work we sent in originally. With that i sent TAx returns, bank statements, business licence -my husband is self employed, divorce certificates, orginal birth certificates etc. Just the usual.

I really have no idea why they even need this stuff as it was all sent to them when first applying. As for other evidence i'm taking a ton of stuff, photos, wedding cards, house ins, bank statements etc,etc.

Good luck - hope it goes well for you!

Yes, that is the kind of documentation they want to see. Even though you sent it all in with your original application, for some reason, they asked for it all again at our interview. We took a copy of EVERYTHING we had. We kept copies of every letter, every attachment, taxes, bank statements, photographs, everything. It was a good job we did because, even though we had supplied all they needed they did ask for the same thing again. My thought on it is take all you have and then when they ask you have it with you.

Good luck with the interview - I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Our journey started in 2001 and it's still not over. It's been a rollercoaster ride all the way! Let me off - I wanna be sick!

i have my AOS interview next week and have been going through what we need to take with us.

on the checklist it says: Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application.

what are the supporting documents?

i've been racking my brain and for the life of me i have no idea what they are talking about. with the exception of marriage/divorce certificates, birth certificates and passports i'm pretty sure they have everything else.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

matt

Submit "Original and copy of each supporting document that you submitted with your application". Plus anything listed in the letter. Supporting docs are those required for the submitted forms..... birth/marriage certs.. everything... bring the original docs and a copy for the USCIS if they want one.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

no worries. thanks all. good luck to everyone having their interview in the upcoming weeks.

matt

Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.