CHARM3D

don't have money to file and running out of time

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI ALL,

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

MY GREEN CARD EXPIRES 06/01/2008, I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FILE FOR DIVORCE OR REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS... :(

I LOST MY SECOND JOB, BECAUSE I WAS REARENDED AND I HAVE A DISLOCATED DISK ON MY BACK...

DO YOU KNOW IF IMMIGRATION CAN GIVE AN EXTENSION ON THE DEADLINE TO FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS???

MY BOSS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT IF I DON'T HAVE A LETTER OR SOMETHING FROM IMMIGRATION SAYING I CAN WORK AFTER 06/01 I WILL LOOSE MY JOB... :(

I NEED SOME ADVICE, PLEASE...

HELP?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The only extension letter that I know of is the NOA1 letter issued when an I-751 is filed to remove conditions.

Sounds like you have a problem, if not divorced your only option is to file the I-751 jointly with your spouse.

Filing if the Couple is Married

If the couple is still married, the I-751 must be filed jointly within the 90 days immediately before the end of the second year of conditional permanent resident status. Ideally, the couple is still together and happily married. They file their joint I-751 and show that their marriage is on-going and bona fide. Evidence submitted should include updated documentation of their joint address, any joint assets / liabilities, evidence of any children, and any other proof that they are living like most married couples.

Filing if the Couple is Separated

More troublesome is if the couple is still married, but separated or otherwise not getting along. With limited exception, as long as the couple is legally married, it is necessary to have a joint petition. Thus, troubled marriages often need either to be reconciled or terminated in order to file the I-751. As explained below, the I-751 can be filed by divorced individuals, and may be approved, as long as there is sufficient evidence that the marriage was genuine when initially entered into. It is more difficult to satisfy the USCIS in such scenarios, however.

Joint-Filing Waived in Limited Cases

There are two situations in which a person who is still legally married can file the I-751 without the spouse. The first is if the person entered into a marriage in good faith, but has been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by the petitioning spouse. The second is if termination of permanent resident status and removal from the U.S. would result in extreme hardship to the foreign national. Extreme hardship is a high standard and can be based only upon conditions that arose after the conditional residency was acquired.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_remcon.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
HI ALL,

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO...

MY GREEN CARD EXPIRES 06/01/2008, I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO FILE FOR DIVORCE OR REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS... :(

I LOST MY SECOND JOB, BECAUSE I WAS REARENDED AND I HAVE A DISLOCATED DISK ON MY BACK...

DO YOU KNOW IF IMMIGRATION CAN GIVE AN EXTENSION ON THE DEADLINE TO FILE TO REMOVE CONDITIONS???

MY BOSS ALREADY TOLD ME THAT IF I DON'T HAVE A LETTER OR SOMETHING FROM IMMIGRATION SAYING I CAN WORK AFTER 06/01 I WILL LOOSE MY JOB... :(

I NEED SOME ADVICE, PLEASE...

HELP?

borrow money, get a loan or something cause it will be worse if not only you loose your job but the right to be in the usa as legal immigrant and worse your family.

good luck!

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Can and will you two file together? If yes, I recommend borrowing the money. Talk with your bank or credit union; they have better rates than credit card companies. They might get you an even lower rate if they see your documents and borrow only the money for the application.

If you won't file together, you have a bigger problem. Normally, I recommend seeing a lawyer, but if you don't have money, a charity should be your first contact. I have heard that some charities offer legal immigration consulting to poor people. They should be also more familiar with hardship waivers for fees than most people here.

Last, please avoid using ALL CAPITALS in your postings, shouting doesn't help.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Beg, borrow, or steal. Kidding about the stealing part. I don't recommend that at all.

Sounds like you are having some problems right now. Those will only compound if you don't take care of this. No way around it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Can and will you two file together? If yes, I recommend borrowing the money. Talk with your bank or credit union; they have better rates than credit card companies. They might get you an even lower rate if they see your documents and borrow only the money for the application.

If you won't file together, you have a bigger problem. Normally, I recommend seeing a lawyer, but if you don't have money, a charity should be your first contact. I have heard that some charities offer legal immigration consulting to poor people. They should be also more familiar with hardship waivers for fees than most people here.

Last, please avoid using ALL CAPITALS in your postings, shouting doesn't help.

HI,

THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE...

AS FOR NY WRITING, I ONLY WRITE IN CAPITALS, MY HANWRITING IS THE SAME.

I MEAN NO OFENSE TO ANYONE.

TAKE CARE AND THANK YOU. :star:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

USCIS doesn't care. It's a legal requirement that you have a sponsor when you file AOS. Ask your

sponsor to pay for your I-751. If they won't pay, you can sue them for support. Divorce doesn't

exempt them from the requirement to be your sponsor.

As for your boss, he's breaking the law by demanding to see a renewed green card. If you still

have the same job (i.e. it's not a new job), no further checks are allowed.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

USCIS doesn't care. It's a legal requirement that you have a sponsor when you file AOS. Ask your

sponsor to pay for your I-751. If they won't pay, you can sue them for support. Divorce doesn't

exempt them from the requirement to be your sponsor.

As for your boss, he's breaking the law by demanding to see a renewed green card. If you still

HI,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THAT LAW???

ABOUT MY BOSS???

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THAT INFORMATION :)

TAKE CARE!

Timeline
HI,

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THAT LAW???

ABOUT MY BOSS???

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO HAVE THAT INFORMATION :)

TAKE CARE!

See the USCIS Handbook for Employers (Part Seven, Q33):

You should not reverify an expired U.S. passport or an Alien Registration Receipt Card/Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, or a List B document that has expired.

As far as your employer is concerned, once a permanent resident, always a permanent resident -- unless USCIS says otherwise.

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I am not sure if I follow. After reading the documents it looks like the employer (page 10) must reverify at the expiration of the green card. However the employer can't not deny you a long term job/position because your green card is going to expire is x amount of time. If he does that that is discrimination. But THEY MUST REVERIFY when it expires, so I don't think you can sue your employer, although in this sue happy society I am sure you will find some lawyer who would like to try. It states "when an employee's work authorization expires, you must reverify his or her employment elgibility...if the employee cannot provide you with proff of current work authoriztion, you cannont continue to employ that person"

26/02/2005 Married in London to South African with UK Residency

28/02/2005 Sent off I-130 to London Consular

08/03/2005 Charge posted on Credit Card

14/03/2005 Sent off DS-230

15/03/2005 NOA of I-130

24/03/2005 Received Packet 3

18/04/2005 Sent in Form 169 (notice of readiness)

10/05/2005 Received Packet 4

06/06/2005 Medical at 10:00am in London

15/06/2005 Interview at 9:00 am (108 Days) -Approved

16/06/2005 Noon - Recieved Papers and Visa from Embassy

21/08/2005 Wife entered US on green Card

Conditions Removed +/- 1 year

??/06/2007 Submitted I-751

??/07/2007 Biometrics

02/04/2008 Application transferred from TSC to VSC

01/July/2008 Card Production ordered

N-400 process-3 months & 8 days

16/June/2008 Sent in packet of N-400

18/June/2008 NOA Priority date

20/June/2008 Check cashed

26/June/2008 NOA recieved

12/July/2008 Biometrics

08/Sept/2008 Interview- passed

24/Sept/2008 Oath (Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

29/Oct/2008 Oath & Passport Application (not expedited)

07/Nov/2008 Passport Received - Done with the Process

Timeline

I am not sure if I follow. After reading the documents it looks like the employer (page 10) must reverify at the expiration of the green card. However the employer can't not deny you a long term job/position because your green card is going to expire is x amount of time. If he does that that is discrimination. But THEY MUST REVERIFY when it expires, so I don't think you can sue your employer, although in this sue happy society I am sure you will find some lawyer who would like to try. It states "when an employee's work authorization expires, you must reverify his or her employment elgibility...if the employee cannot provide you with proff of current work authoriztion, you cannont continue to employ that person"

Yes, however we're not talking about an employment authorization document here - we're talking about a greencard - the I-551 is in a whole different category.

They are not required to re-verify your greencard, just as they are not required to re-verify a US Passport.

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

The is a fine for an employer to employee someone who is not eligible (expired GC) to work in the states. At the begining of the employment each employee has to fill out an I-9, so the employer will now when the greencard expires. As with all government documents there is a bit of confusion in there. I am not sure what the true answer is, but I know USCIS is not going to look favourable on someone working with an expired GC (that hasn't previously been granted extensions). I think we can all agree on that.

Just look what a pain the process is when you do have all your ducks lined up and doing everything by the letter. Throw any variation in there and you are looking for trouble. I would try you hardest to get the money and things straight before the gc expires.

26/02/2005 Married in London to South African with UK Residency

28/02/2005 Sent off I-130 to London Consular

08/03/2005 Charge posted on Credit Card

14/03/2005 Sent off DS-230

15/03/2005 NOA of I-130

24/03/2005 Received Packet 3

18/04/2005 Sent in Form 169 (notice of readiness)

10/05/2005 Received Packet 4

06/06/2005 Medical at 10:00am in London

15/06/2005 Interview at 9:00 am (108 Days) -Approved

16/06/2005 Noon - Recieved Papers and Visa from Embassy

21/08/2005 Wife entered US on green Card

Conditions Removed +/- 1 year

??/06/2007 Submitted I-751

??/07/2007 Biometrics

02/04/2008 Application transferred from TSC to VSC

01/July/2008 Card Production ordered

N-400 process-3 months & 8 days

16/June/2008 Sent in packet of N-400

18/June/2008 NOA Priority date

20/June/2008 Check cashed

26/June/2008 NOA recieved

12/July/2008 Biometrics

08/Sept/2008 Interview- passed

24/Sept/2008 Oath (Cancelled due to Hurricane Ike)

29/Oct/2008 Oath & Passport Application (not expedited)

07/Nov/2008 Passport Received - Done with the Process

The is a fine for an employer to employee someone who is not eligible (expired GC) to work in the states. At the begining of the employment each employee has to fill out an I-9, so the employer will now when the greencard expires. As with all government documents there is a bit of confusion in there. I am not sure what the true answer is, but I know USCIS is not going to look favourable on someone working with an expired GC (that hasn't previously been granted extensions). I think we can all agree on that.

Just look what a pain the process is when you do have all your ducks lined up and doing everything by the letter. Throw any variation in there and you are looking for trouble. I would try you hardest to get the money and things straight before the gc expires.

THANKS SO MUCH GUYS,

THIS IS BEING VERY HELPFUL.

I WISH YOU THE BEST.

:thumbs:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I would strongly suggest going to your church or a local church for help. Most Catholic, Lutheran, and Episcopal churches have a program for immigrants or a branch of one of their charity divisions that serves immigrants. If they don't in your area, I am sure they could help you find someone to help. Also, in many cases Legal Aid can help you. It may depend on how large of a city you live in and where you are located...you don't have a timeline or any information to help us help you other than what you've posted.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.