Cetin Tonya

American Visa In Passport, AOS, I-94 dates etc.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey, I am confused. The American Visa that is put in your spouses' passport when they are approved at the consulate. Is this just for entry into the USA? My spouses' visa is good for four months from the date of issue.

So I am wondering does this need to be renewed or is only the I-94 important? This does not expire until 2010.

We have filed and are waiting for our adjustment of status at this point. We are only waiting on the interview now.

Also, can he leave and reenter the USA on the 1-94 or does he need this American visa in his passport to do this? Or do we have to file in order for us to travel outside the USA.

And finally, I know, this is more than I intended to ask, but those who are all knowing might be able to help: We are moving, how do we change our address so that there are no problems. And who all do we need to notify to make that change?

Thank you everyone!!!!!

Tonya & Cetin

Married in Turkey 4-11-07

I130- sent 5-12-07

I130- 1st NOA 6-6-07

129F-sent 6-7-07

129F-1st NOA 6-19-07

Touched 6-25-07- 129F sent to CA for processing

California received 7-10-07 for processıng

I130- NOA2 10-29-07 !!

129F - NOA2 10-29-07 !!!

NVC Received : 11-19-07

NVC Left : 11-24-07

Consulate Received : 11-30-07

Packet 3 Received : 12-04-07

Packet 3 Sent : 12-03-07

Packet 4 Received : 12-11-07

Interview Date : 01-09-08

Visa Received!!!:1-15-08

Arrival in U.S.A.!!!! 1-18-08

AOS Filed 2-1-08

NOA AOS 2-11-08

Biometrics 2-27-08

EAD Approval 4-11-08

EAD Card Received 4-14-08

AOS Interview 7-16-08 Approval!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hey, I am confused. The American Visa that is put in your spouses' passport when they are approved at the consulate. Is this just for entry into the USA? My spouses' visa is good for four months from the date of issue.

So I am wondering does this need to be renewed or is only the I-94 important? This does not expire until 2010.

We have filed and are waiting for our adjustment of status at this point. We are only waiting on the interview now.

Also, can he leave and reenter the USA on the 1-94 or does he need this American visa in his passport to do this? Or do we have to file in order for us to travel outside the USA.

And finally, I know, this is more than I intended to ask, but those who are all knowing might be able to help: We are moving, how do we change our address so that there are no problems. And who all do we need to notify to make that change?

Thank you everyone!!!!!

A K3 visa is almost always valid for multiple entries for two years from date of issue. I checked and see that Turkey is not one of the exceptions. If he leaves the US before getting the green card, the I-94 will be removed and he'll get a new one when he returns. If approved, they'll take the I-94 at the AOS interview and there will never be another one. From that point forward, he'll use the green card for admittance to the USA and his passport for travel abroad.

Are you changing your address before the AOS interview? It shouldn't be a problem but make sure they update the address during the interview. There's a possibility AOS will be approved without an interview. This is common when the case is transferred to California instead of your local office.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Timeline

They will be required to file and AR-11 and an I-865 when they move. The I-130 is still pending, and they will need to update the new address so that they will even *get* to their AOS interview.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.