Asante Maroon

VISA APPROVED/FIANCE ON US SOIL

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Woo Hoo!! Great news! How is he doing? I know it's not as cold down there as it is up here, but it's definitely not summer in NY yet!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Africa
Timeline

GREAT NEWS<<WELCOME HOME!!!

SO sorry guys for my long long long sabbatical!

Things have been kind of crazy with full time work and school! Please forgive me. Here is the update!

My fiance's interview went well. He was approved!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: And he is here now. He Arrived on the 4th of this month...10 days ago!!!

He told me that the interview went smoothly and that it's best to go with everything and let the embassy pick and choose what documents they want. He saw a lot of people with too little documentation or none at all practically. He said many of those who had their documents were not organized and that caused a lot of impatience with the the interviewers.

The interviewer was polite enough and did not ask many questions, but instead relied on the documentation provided.

They asked the following three questions:

-Tell me about your fiance.

-Where did you meet?

-How did you meet?

The person who first took his packet (the person who initially reviews the packet and tells you to pay your fee), was very nice. She made a lot of jokes with my fiance and pointed out some of our most intimate pictures and asked my fiance what church he went to and that she was going to tell his pastor. My fiance later saw this person speak to the woman who interviewed him. He has a feeling that the impression he left on the first woman was conveyed to the interviewer, so it's best to be pleasant to EVERYONE and smile.

If you are a student or a professional, look the part. Every one should go to the interview dressed nicely, but not over done.

As for the visa.....That was a different story.

When my fiance went to pick up his visa, on the day they told him to be there. An embassy personnel told everyone who inquired about their visa that their visa would not be issued that day and that they should come back a week later. They were back logged and would not possibly get to them that day. There were people waiting a long as 3 weeks for their visas already and they were not ready!!!!

My fiance was told by someone prior to that announcement that his visa might be ready, so he hung around despite the odds of him getting his visa that day. As the number of people dwindled down (and after about 5 hours), an officer told my fiance that she was sorry and that it did not look like his visa would be ready that day. They gave him a slip to come back a week later and as he was about to leave he heard his name being called from another window (which wasn't even the correct window) asking him to come and collect his visa.

Divine intervention? I believe so. My fiance said that he was praying the whole 5 hours he sat there.

So that's about it in a nutshell.

His stubbornness paid off and saved him a week or maybe even a month....who knows!

All I know is...GOD is GOOD!!!!

If you have any questions, I promise I will be good about getting back to you! Ask away!!!

:dance: Congratulations! :dance:

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Great news. There is nothing more potent and guaranteed than sincere, honest and heartfelt prayer. God promised that He will never leave or foresake us even till the end of time. All we need to do is to call upon Him in the time of trouble, and He will answer us.

Congratulations!!!, May His peace which passeth all understanding continue to abide with your new family, now and forever more.

Remain blessed.

Thank you so much everyone!!!

Monagoz..I could not say it better myself. Thank you so much!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations!

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Congratulations!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Congratulation!!!!!

We just got a letter from USCIS few days ago that my wife's AOS aplication got aproved.

The green Card is in the making.

Make sure you do the medical exams when you aplyinjg for AOS even if your fiancee did it for the embassy.

We did not do it right away and it delayed us for about 6 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Congratulation!!!!!

We just got a letter from USCIS few days ago that my wife's AOS aplication got aproved.

The green Card is in the making.

Make sure you do the medical exams when you aplyinjg for AOS even if your fiancee did it for the embassy.

We did not do it right away and it delayed us for about 6 weeks.

Thank you for the tip and congratulations to you. I know you guys are excited!!!!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.