CassandraHaydar

Getting my hopes up and smashing them down again

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Because we are trying to get this visa before my contract is over in Korea (the end of July), we are rather stressed about the timeline. If everything goes smoothly, the average time calculations put it right at the end of July. However, no one thinks it will go smoothly. My mom tells me not to get my hopes up. My fiance talked to an Iraqi friend that was in the same situation here and he said I should just sign another yearlong contract. I'm so stressed because we might be out of a place to live in Korea if this stuff doesn't happen. I can't give my boss an accurate departure date and I can't figure out my living situation back in Arizona. I know people going through this process abroad might be having similar issues. I hope someone has some advice. If I knew for a fact it would take 6+ months or so, I would sign another contract. The problem is not knowing. I hate not knowing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

11/27/07: NOA1

5/02/08: NOA2 (157 days from NOA1)

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

4/06/09: VISA IN HAND

6/20/09: POE LAX

7/4/09: Making it Legal - Wedding

10/17/09: The big wedding ceremony

AOS:

7/22/09: AOS Paperwork filed

10/27/09: Interview - APPROVED

10/31/09: Welcome Letter Received

Removing Conditions:

7/29/11: I-751 paperwork filed

2/14/12: Card Production Ordered!

2/18/12: Green Card Received

Citizenship:

12/26/12: Paperwork filed

12/31/12: NOA Date

1/14/13: Biometrics Appt

2/26/13: Interview

3/27/13: Oath Ceremony!!

6/30/13: Baby Due Date :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This process is very unpredictable. There are just so many different steps that you can get stalled at any point. Add to that the fact that there is a high possibility that your fiance will be sent into AP after the interview and that makes it even that more unpredictable.

One thing to remember is that once your fiance gets the K1 visa, he has 6 months to enter the US. I don't know if that would change your plans at all, but just something to consider.

Good luck.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i just wanted to wish u good luck on ur journey.........no one can tell for sure what how long csc can take.......while being here on this forum i have seen what i thought would be complicated applications go thru with no problem and others that are easy simple applications get hung up for months after everyone else is done that filed the same time as u did.........my best guess would be to agree to the contract for work.........i think that would be easier to deal with if u need to leave than trying to second guess the process..........good luck to u and may ur journey be swift and problem free :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

I wish you the best of luck as well.

I notice that you are petitioning for a loved one in Iraq. I imagine the stress concerning the war is present as well. What are the complications that might be present in the situation Iraq is in?

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i agree it's so frustrating not to know when the k-1 will be approved. in my case, i did not sign for another contract. i am a preschool teacher and i can't bear leaving my young kids in the middle of the schoolyear if ever my k-1 visa will be granted in the normal processing time. if it won't, then too bad i will have to be jobless for a couple of months. it's really sad and frustrating, but it's the choice i made.

sorry i can't give any advice to you. i just wanted to wish you luck and strength in this journey.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

There is no way to accurately predict the time the process will take. Too many unknowns.

I wish you luck on your journey.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You soon learn not to base life on timelines and what ifs, but a couple of either cr1/or k3 from iraq got approved way quicker lately than most

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

You are the first K1 I have seen for Iraq. The rest of us were K3 or CR1. We all got approved in around a month or less through the vermont service center. I'm not sure why your case was sent to California unless it has to do with it being a K1 visa. I wish I could give you better advice, but everything I know to speed it up is for people who already got married. Good luck and if I can help please let me know.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

I notice that you are petitioning for a loved one in Iraq. I imagine the stress concerning the war is present as well. What are the complications that might be present in the situation Iraq is in?

I'm not sure what you mean. You mean about paperwork and what not? He is currently living in South Korea.

You are the first K1 I have seen for Iraq. The rest of us were K3 or CR1. We all got approved in around a month or less through the vermont service center. I'm not sure why your case was sent to California unless it has to do with it being a K1 visa. I wish I could give you better advice, but everything I know to speed it up is for people who already got married. Good luck and if I can help please let me know.

What did you do to speed it up?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

6/16/08: K1 Interview- ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING CO quoted us 2-4 weeks (45 days from NOA2 - 202 days from NOA1)

AOS:

Removing Conditions:

Citizenship:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Well, as my husband, he qualifies for refugee as an immediate family member of a US citizen, now so he is undergoing the interviews for that and they do all the Iraqi background checks in two to four weeks if it is for refugee. Also, the vermont service center is putting priority for approving Iraqi immigration cases. His being my husband also gave me more leverage with my congressman and when I wrote letters to the department of state. They started processing him as refugee within two weeks of me sending those letters (though I can't be for sure it helped and they wouldn't do it anyway).

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

Wow, your process went so fast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I-129:

AOS:

Removing Conditions:

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Wow, your process went so fast!

Yes, I don't quite understand still how me and my Fiancee are so blessed.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.