rdsey

finding spouses family

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

my name is rashell its been along time since i been on here. I was wanting to know the best way to find out about my husbands family. We have been married 2 years and he still wont allow me to know anything about them, or talk with them on the phone. He is Nigerian but raised in Germany. His mum lives in Germany he has family in Lagos I tried to do a people search but turned up nothing. His family name is Okechukwu, and his fathers family name is Sey. Thank you, Rashell Sey

Rashell

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I would repost this in the Sub Saharan Africa and/or Europe board. Good luck.

:pop:

done :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I know this doesn't answer your question, but are you a little concerned about him not wanting you to speak to his family? Have you tried searching on google or yahoo? I don't know if there is some sort of phone book for Nigeria (I doubt it), but maybe you could try asking a friend in Nigeria to do a search somehow. Do you know ANYTHING about them that could aid in your search?

my name is rashell its been along time since i been on here. I was wanting to know the best way to find out about my husbands family. We have been married 2 years and he still wont allow me to know anything about them, or talk with them on the phone. He is Nigerian but raised in Germany. His mum lives in Germany he has family in Lagos I tried to do a people search but turned up nothing. His family name is Okechukwu, and his fathers family name is Sey. Thank you, Rashell Sey

I want to commend you for taking the time to inquire about the information on your husband's family. A little bit of time upfront to find this out will benefit you much on the other side. To answer your questions, I have friends who are Nigerian and live in Germany so I can try to see what I can find. Omoba, may she be having a great time in Senegal, may be an additional resource.

Just a few additional questions that you may pm me if you are more comfortable answering them there. What part of Germany does he live? Did he arrive there as a student, etc.? Where is his family from in Nigeria and what is the name of the village? Anything you can provide (in a pm) will help. Did you get any familial information from him while filling out the documents for his VISA? It has to match what he tells you or you'll run into difficulties in trying to get him here.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Good idea about asking Omoba. She is originally from Germany and I am sure she will have tips on searching for people. By the way, I read over my first response and it seemed kind of intrusive. I apologize if I offended you.

Edited by LovinLiberia

Good idea about asking Omoba. She is originally from Germany and I am sure she will have tips on searching for people. By the way, I read over my first response and it seemed kind of intrusive. I apologize if I offended you.

You're a :star:

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wish my husband didn't want me to speak to his family. Kidding. Sort of.

My thoughts are that he is either trying to protect you from them or hide something else from you. I wish you luck in solving this.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.