Krikit

Sherwin Williams Paints

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They can scan them in, but not sure if it would be as close a match as the codes, but I would think it would be pretty close.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Without pigment codes, it's just going to be guesswork. No matter who does it.

Why can't you buy your own paint?

Sounds like control freak painters to me...... :P

Probably because Sherwin-Williams needs the money, so they can pay me salary ;-))

photo-46595.jpg

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Moscow, Russia

I-129F Sent : 2008-01-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-01-22

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Filed: Timeline
Without pigment codes, it's just going to be guesswork. No matter who does it.

Why can't you buy your own paint?

Sounds like control freak painters to me...... :P

No, the painters will go with whatever I ask them to. They just like working with Sherwin Williams paints because of their quality and good price. I think what I'll do is let them do the colour match and see how it turns out. If I don't like the results then I'll get them to pick up the RL and Behr. I was just hoping that someone had experience with the SW colour matching so I could stop worrying. :lol:

Thanks RJ and Leafy. :)

iagree.gif

My small-town Sherwin Williams has little "try it" pots of paint they custom mix for $5. You could have them do the computer match and then mix up the color in one of the $5 versions. I did that and painted it on the wall to have a look at my colors. They can't mix every color in that small quantity (it's maybe 2 cups of paint) because some formulas can't be reduced evenly, but you could see if your color can be done. You could also dab the color on your paint chips, let it dry, and see if you think the match is good.

The small paints are only for color. They're not a top quality paint and I think are only flat paint finish, but it helps you get an idea if you like the color. It also give you a chance to see how it looks in sunlight and also at night under different lighting.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

My small-town Sherwin Williams has little "try it" pots of paint they custom mix for $5. You could have them do the computer match and then mix up the color in one of the $5 versions. I did that and painted it on the wall to have a look at my colors. They can't mix every color in that small quantity (it's maybe 2 cups of paint) because some formulas can't be reduced evenly, but you could see if your color can be done. You could also dab the color on your paint chips, let it dry, and see if you think the match is good.

The small paints are only for color. They're not a top quality paint and I think are only flat paint finish, but it helps you get an idea if you like the color. It also give you a chance to see how it looks in sunlight and also at night under different lighting.

Thanks Nich-Nick. Yes, the painter said he would get them to put the colour on the chip so I could see the match. Or not-match, as the case may be. :hehe:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Me and the ex used to use SW paints all the time. I think the quality is fine.

For some reason the ex switched us over to Coronado Paints. They probably cost more so therefore in his mind they were better quality.

Do your painters think Behr paint isn't good? We used Behr all over this house when it was painted last fall. Like 18 gallons or more. We thought it was just fine.

Do your painters think Behr paint isn't good? We used Behr all over this house when it was painted last fall. Like 18 gallons or more. We thought it was just fine.

No, they didn't comment on Behr. They commented on another brand that I can't recall at the moment. Said it was horrible and really expensive, but that's what the owners wanted. Oh wait. I think they said it was Benjamin Moore. :unsure: The Behr paint, I think, is really good. I used it in my last home and wanted to do the master bed/bath in the same colours.

iagree.gif