Beauty for Ashes

real help...life altering decision

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

wow that is really tough. I wish you all the best .. It's a tough decision. I don't know what I would do if I was you. Sorry your husband can't be there with you during this difficult time. :(

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I've never been in any situation even remotely close to this but I do agree with the advice given. Think about what will ease your mind the best? What will help your stress ease so you do not cause more harm to yourself or the baby?

A friend of mine was pregnant and they told her that her child would have downs. It wasn't a several percentage like you, they were actually saying it was pretty up there. Even then, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, with no downs syndrome. She is so funny, laughs all the time, and is such a happy child. She loves to talk and learns a new word everyday.

On the other side of the fence, my other friend got pregnant and her biggest fear truly was to have a child with Downs Syndrome. 9 months later she gave birth to her son who has down syndrome. He is truly the light of her life. He is funny, laughs all the time, and is such a happy child. He can't talk, but he can sign, he is a really smart kid. She loves him so much.

I guess I am telling you these stories not to have you decide on what to do now, but to show you that in the end, they both had happy endings. (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OH dear, Salaam, uhm his is my old specialty, im in medical mgt actually over a few downs cases as well. ONe they are the most loveable, nice people ive ever know, soo close to ALlah in face and actions not soo hard to take care of and reallly a joy.Sounds like you have a great supportive husband.. go with his thinking.. and only the amnio can tell the real story not these other tests they threw at you. so dont sweat. those test are often srong, get a 4 d and amnio @ same time. chances are its ok. and if not. downs is not soo bad. the ones where they die within two months of birth etc is the hard cases.. in my experience.. Downs have soo many connections and resources and thier own support and fun community..ig that be the case

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

I had my transuchal ultrasound and my additional blood screen.The hospital called me and told me my blood came back bad and that I was at increased risk for downs...They have scheduled me for a rush amnio in 4 days and a genetic counseling session wednesday.Even if I do the amnio wed or tues it will be one week for preliminary and 2 weeks for complete which will put me at 20 weeks...finding out if the baby is downs..

Its a several percent chance my baby is downs...and the amnio is a risk too..I ask myself if I would terminate if the baby was downs ....and my heart starts screaming inside my chest..Im waiting on my husband to make up his mind about what week he wants to leave algeria(hes applying for a transit visa to visit his mom in paris on the way here...)Ill have to drive myself to the amnio and suffer through the next 2 weeks alone...

I have options

Carry whatever I have been given to term

Terminate if its a severe birth defect

Not test with the amnio and play roulette

My husband wants me to do the amnio and then keep whatever we have

Im wanting to skip the amnio altogether but then Ill worry all pregnancy

My body is really weak and im afraid the amnio would cause a miscarriage because I have no one to help me rest or take care of my small one(she jumps on my stomach and is heavy to lift

I am besides myself because all my options suck

Any advice?

Do the amnio. Think later.

Only you can decide. I will be praying for you to have clarity and wisdom over this situation.

exactly

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I lost a baby due to having an Amnio . He was perfectly fine but very small. I was 5 months along.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy