kate13

Canadian Consulates

20 posts in this topic

Yes, Liz's spreadsheet is only Montreal, so it won't help you if you're going through Vancouver. But the good news is you really don't need it with Vancouver since you are pretty much guaranteed a speedy interview date with them.

That's what I'm hoping...I think it's only fair that we get sped through the consulate process, since we had to file at CSC! ;) And I'm one of the luckier CSC filers because I didn't file until the very end of the July rush was getting processed :blink: We want to plan one last trip before the visa is approved and he moves...but we're working on when to do it (and when he should sell his house and when he should quit his job). He can't take vacation until July 1st...I think if he takes it that first week, we should be fine. (Yes, I'm a wishful thinker! I really hope he'll be approved by the beginning of August.)

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

When you get your package 3 from Vancouver and send it back, you can request certain time frames for your interview. The 30 day comment was one I probably made, and continue to make only on what I've observed here. It seems like most people that want an interview asap, hear back from Vancouver for a date thats usually about a month from the date they send the package 3 back. There is no strict guideline on this! I think one of the fastest interview dates that I remember was David and Amber, and then it may have been less than a month! I think a lot depends on how many they have at the time to schedule.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I currently hold the record for getting in the fastest for an interview after my package 3 was accepted. I had the option of 2 dates- one that was 8 days away and one that was 9. I chose nine. It was a mad rush to get my medical complete and get all the papers that Mel has to send to me.

I was expecting a months wait and would have been fine with that- I was stunned I got in so fast.

I think I currently hold the record for getting in the fastest for an interview after my package 3 was accepted. I had the option of 2 dates- one that was 8 days away and one that was 9. I chose nine. It was a mad rush to get my medical complete and get all the papers that Mel has to send to me.

I was expecting a months wait and would have been fine with that- I was stunned I got in so fast.

Yikes MissStacey...forgive me! :blush: I do remember you got yours very quickly. Maybe it was a previous cancellation?!

carlahmsb4.gif

I can't decide if I hope we get a timeline like that so he can get here quicker or if that would just cause me stress! No..that's not true...I'm absolutely certain I want a timeline like that :goofy:

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.