T_and_A

husband died two weeks after marriage

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i was just chatting with one of my friends i met at SLEC for medical. She just got here on apr 7th.. and brought in bad news about a friend of hers... They happen to both live in Orlando FL right now...

She told me about a Filipina who got married last march 20 and her now husband died apr 5. She's really devastated and kinda lost right now. She doesn't know what to do and knows no one except for my friend who she met at SLEC too. Husband was hospitalized and eventually had a heart operation and then died at 55. She said that she didn't have any money hadn't left him anything yet. Well who could expect that he would die so soon? She wanted to work though but didn't know if it's possible. She thought not for immigration purposes. To make things worse, ex-wife and child of husband is demanding some rights...

any thoughts on this... she really needs help...

------- @>-@>-@>--------

AOS

Jul 23, 2008 ---> Mailed AOS, EAD and AP package

July 27, 2008 ---> check cleared

Jul 29, 2008 ---> NOA Date

Aug 2, 2008 ---> received confirmation mail for AOS, EAD and AP

Aug 9, 2008 ---> received biometrics appointment letter

Aug 21, 2008 ---> BIOMETRICS schedule at 3 pm

Aug 12, 2008 ---> took Biometrics in advance as a walk in

Aug 12, 2008 ---> touched

Aug 18, 2008 ---> I-485 notice of transfer to CSC

Sept 23, 2008 ---> touched

Nov 18, 2008 ---> GC RECEIVED!!!

EAD

Sept 30, 2008 ---> Card production ordered <expect to receive within 30 days>

Oct 11, 2008 ---> EAD received

AP

Sept 30, 2008 ---> AP approved <NOA mailed>

Oct 10, 2008 ---> AP received

ROC

Oct 11, 2010 ---> Mailed ROC packet

Oct 12, 2010 ---> Signed for and received by destination

Oct 14, 2010 ---> Money order cashed

Oct 18, 2010 ---> NOA1 received in mail

Nov 15, 2010 ---> Biometrics and fingerprinting appointment

Jan 28, 2011 ---> ROC approved

Jan 31, 2011 ---> Card mailed out

Feb 2, 2011 ---> Card received in the mail.

i was just chatting with one of my friends i met at SLEC for medical. She just got here on apr 7th.. and brought in bad news about a friend of hers... They happen to both live in Orlando FL right now...

She told me about a Filipina who got married last march 20 and her now husband died apr 5. She's really devastated and kinda lost right now. She doesn't know what to do and knows no one except for my friend who she met at SLEC too. Husband was hospitalized and eventually had a heart operation and then died at 55. She said that she didn't have any money hadn't left him anything yet. Well who could expect that he would die so soon? She wanted to work though but didn't know if it's possible. She thought not for immigration purposes. To make things worse, ex-wife and child of husband is demanding some rights...

any thoughts on this... she really needs help...

It looks like she has to return home unless she finds another sponsor. From the USCIS web site:

© Upon the death of the petitioner, unless: (Revised effective 7/21/06; 71 FR 35732 )

( 1 ) The petition is deemed under 8 CFR 204.2(i)(1)(iv) to have been approved as a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant under 8 CFR 204.2(B) ; or

( 2 ) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) determines, as a matter of discretion exercised for humanitarian reasons in light of the facts of a particular case, that it is inappropriate to revoke the approval of the petition. USCIS may make this determination only if the principal beneficiary of the visa petition asks for reinstatement of the approval of the petition and establishes that a person related to the principal beneficiary in one of the ways described in section 213A(f)(5)(B) of the Act is willing and able to file an affidavit of support under 8 CFR part 213a as a substitute sponsor.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Timeline

I have no advice, but that's one of the saddest things I've ever heard. I'll be sure to keep that woman in my prayers.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read this thread last week I guess the friend u mentioned started it. The husband was still alive at that time. I was hoping first that he will live longer but now I feel sorry for your friend's ordeal. I hope she's OK. More likely she has to go home.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

This is quite an unfortunate situation and something difficult to deal with while feeling the sorrow of a loved one passing.

Unfortunately, USCIS will most certainly require her to return to the Phils.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Very sad to here, at least she entered the country legally, I don't know how they are going to force her out when 12 million others and counting are doing it on a daily basis on our borders. Hopefully she can find some support and help.

Timeline
Very sad to here, at least she entered the country legally, I don't know how they are going to force her out when 12 million others and counting are doing it on a daily basis on our borders. Hopefully she can find some support and help.

That's a good point. This woman honored the laws of the U.S. and came here legally, yet those who are dishonorable are allowed to stay and maybe be given amnesty. Truly sad :(

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.