Captain Ewok

Should we have a 2008 Election Forum (Vote)

Should we have a seperate 2008 Election Forum?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a seperate 2008 Election Forum?

• Yes
    • No

70 posts in this topic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's really flawed with this idea is that ordinary, mundane subjects sometimes morph into political discussions.

It would be chaotic to try and manage what threads belong where, or worse yet, moderators would have to warn people not to drift of into the political aspects of a particular topic. Not good.

This is a bad idea.

miss_me_yet.jpg

OT is full of idiocy. Some of it's political, some of it's sexual and some of it just silly games for the post whores.

Why single out one form of idiocy and banish it while leaving the others alone?

We can all play idiot word games, but not everyone can talk politics. Why? Because not everyone reads. Perhaps everyone should. Then we could all play :luv:

ps. I voted no.

In the chat last night, you said yes? :blink:

OT is full of idiocy. Some of it's political, some of it's sexual and some of it just silly games for the post whores.

We can all play idiot word games, but not everyone can talk politics. Why? Because not everyone reads. Perhaps everyone should. Then we could all play :luv:

ps. I voted no.

Flip Flopper...... :devil: Must be a dem.........

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yes

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

what sick chopf##k moved this thread from off topics to polls..ban his filthy hide

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yep.

Banish is a little strong, no? More like, move it. Will it be difficult to locate?

Indeed its not banishing. Perhaps some people are afraid that they (and their content) won't get as much attention as usual :blink:

I think the nail head has been hit here.

ps. I voted no.

He's a troll, William. He'll say whatever he thinks will stir up trouble.

Don't your trolly? *pats cute little troll on the head* There there. Can I get you an ice cream? :P

The Captain placed this poll in OT, to gain specific feedback from the OT crowd.

Someone mistakenly moved it. I am moving it back to OT.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I say no. The political discussions often get stupid and tasteless, just like everything else in OT. I actually agree with Kaydee (maybe for the first time ever) that it would be hard to distinguish what belonged there and what belonged in regular OT in many cases.

Also, I don't like when people pretend politics aren't a part of life or are something they can ignore. Taking those threads out of OT would add to that. That's called being a crappy citizen. "Politics is not a picture on a wall or a television sitcom that you can decide you don't much care for." ---Molly Ivins

Filed: Timeline
What was your vote? I will add it in :).

Thanks I voted yes, but don't tell anyone!

Jenn, I swear, your posts always have me laughing from your wit...

Capt.,

Since this appears to be very divisive, what about adding filters for the topics, where the OP can designate what category they want their post recognized as (politics, humor, religion, news) and then members can select which filters they want on? This would make viewing the list of threads in OT customizable to everyone's tastes and this would eliminate the need for subforums within OT.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Steven, that idea's not half bad. Huzzah!

ps. I voted no.

He said no in chat as well..

ps. I voted no.

Guess we need the chat transcript here....Anyone?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I say no. The political discussions often get stupid and tasteless, just like everything else in OT. I actually agree with Kaydee (maybe for the first time ever) that it would be hard to distinguish what belonged there and what belonged in regular OT in many cases.

Also, I don't like when people pretend politics aren't a part of life or are something they can ignore. Taking those threads out of OT would add to that. That's called being a crappy citizen. "Politics is not a picture on a wall or a television sitcom that you can decide you don't much care for." ---Molly Ivins

I guess if it doesn't work they can change it back...

Filed: Timeline

ps. I voted no.

Guess we need the chat transcript here....Anyone?

Interesting you say that....there is no chat transcript. It's been cleared.

DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

*raises eyebrow and stares*