sunshine18

Help needed for AOS BILL

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi guys.

I expressed the AOS Bill on the 31st to NVC and NVC did not get it until the 2nd of April (oBviously, USPS did not deliver as promised, the item was supposed to Be overnight delivery). It has Been 11 days and the check has not even Been cashed (I checked with my Bank today). Is it normal?I am afraid NVC might have lost my check. Should I send another check?

By the way, the USPS tracking system indicates that the item was delivered to USDA 790135 at 12:38PM on April, 2008 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63179 and was signed By T UJOHNSON. Does anyone know what this USDA stands for?Has anyBody had their mail signed By this T UJOHNSON person when sending the payment to NVC By express? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Did you send a personal check? The AOS bill clearly states:

Please return this portion with a cashier's check or money order in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank made payable to: the Department of State

If you sent a personal check it'll probably be sent back and you'll have to send a cashier's check or money order.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Please return this portion with a cashier's check or money order in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank made payable to: the Department of State

If you sent a personal check it'll probably be sent back and you'll have to send a cashier's check or money order.

Diana

Hi Diana, I sent a casher's check drawn on a U.S. bank made payable to the Dept of State.

Filed: Timeline

Diana

Hi Diana, I sent a casher's check drawn on a U.S. bank made payable to the Dept of State.

USDA is not right -- this stands for U.S. Department of Agriculture -- obviously they put it in the wrong P.O. Box.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have you called them yet? I would call them and wait to speak with a real person to find out if they did receive it. They might have it in their system as received even if your bank shows they haven't cashed the cashier's check.

Btw, call them really late at night or very early in the morning EST so you can get through.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
Have you called them yet? I would call them and wait to speak with a real person to find out if they did receive it. They might have it in their system as received even if your bank shows they haven't cashed the cashier's check.

Btw, call them really late at night or very early in the morning EST so you can get through.

Diana

Yes, I did. I called NVC early this morning and spoke to a real person and was told that as of today, they still don't have my AOS payment. I am afraid I proBaBly need to send them another cashier's check. Very frustrated.

Timeline

if I were you just check the address again make you you send to the right po box.

i have check on google about the USDA po box in saint louis look

USDA/Rural Development. P. O. Box 790301. St. Louis, MO 63179

compare to

Department of State po box 790135 St. Louis, MO 63179

only one to two number off. if you make a mistake just call NVC asking them to see if you can re-rend the money again. or asking them for the IIN for payment online.

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

Timeline
if I were you just check the address again make you you send to the right po box.

i have check on google about the USDA po box in saint louis look

USDA/Rural Development. P. O. Box 790301. St. Louis, MO 63179

compare to

Department of State po box 790135 St. Louis, MO 63179

only one to two number off. if you make a mistake just call NVC asking them to see if you can re-rend the money again. or asking them for the IIN for payment online.

Hi coolgt,

I triple checked. I sent to: National Visa Center, PO Box 790135, Saint Louis, MO 63179-0135. The cashier's check was made to: Dept. of State. So I don't know why USPS delivered it to USDA.

Hi guys.

I expressed the AOS Bill on the 31st to NVC and NVC did not get it until the 2nd of April (oBviously, USPS did not deliver as promised, the item was supposed to Be overnight delivery). It has Been 11 days and the check has not even Been cashed (I checked with my Bank today). Is it normal?I am afraid NVC might have lost my check. Should I send another check?

By the way, the USPS tracking system indicates that the item was delivered to USDA 790135 at 12:38PM on April, 2008 in SAINT LOUIS, MO 63179 and was signed By T UJOHNSON. Does anyone know what this USDA stands for?Has anyBody had their mail signed By this T UJOHNSON person when sending the payment to NVC By express? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

U.S.D.A.-- UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE It is not part the the NVC.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.