ric

Embassy #

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

... do you seriously have to pay $16.00 to call the embassy?

From the website:

Operator Assisted Visa Information

The service is available Monday through Friday, between 8.00 am and 9.00 pm, and Saturday, between 09.00 am and 5.00 pm, GMT (Monday through Friday, between 3.00 am and 3.00 pm, and Saturday, between 4.00 am and 11.00 am EST). The service is not available on British public holidays. The service will not be available December 23 and 30.

Callers from within the United Kingdom should dial 09042-450100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.20/min from BT landlines; some mobile and network providers may charge more. In addition, callers from outside the U.K. and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number.

Callers from within the United States who wish to obtain information on, or schedule an appointment for a nonimmigrant visa interview, should dial 1-866-382-3589. Callers are charged a fixed rate of $16:00 for up to 7 minutes which is payable by credit card - Visa, MasterCard, American Express only. Please ensure that you have your credit card details available when making the call.

--

Seriously, or am I looking in the wrong place. We've been waiting weeks and weeks to hear about an interview. Maybe I'm being too impatient(tell me if that's so!) ... but I wanted to just make sure they even got the paperwork.

Tips? Hints?

Thanks guys!

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

nope, you are in the wrong place alright. Do a google search on this site for the DOS phone number. They will be able to tell you if your interview is scheduled. :thumbs:

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.