aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

Hello Aussiewench,

Thank you for your help. No, it does not accept my user id and password, it says that it does not not this user. Any help is more than welcome.

Thank you, this is a great forum here!

Michigan2004

I was afraid of that. I just sent admin an email with the attachments and asked for them to be placed here in this site. Hopefully it will be sorted out shortly. Will keep you posted.

Lorelle

What an ungly flaw.

Hope it gets dealt with soon.

sanc

The Sanc - On a CR-1 Journey

Visiting the US during Immigration Process

Full Timeline here.

DoS - US Embassy in London

03-06-06 - immigrant visa interview - Visa Granted

-----

Dive Into America - British Expats & American Repats

Please do not direct any immigration related questions to me via PM or email.

Post in the forums where others can also benefit. Thanks :)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just had call from my daughter saying she received the I-864 package on Saturday. She used James Shortcuts and had already filled in hers - photocopied 3 years tax returns etc. However the new form she just received only requires the last 12 months info and the form has changed in other ways also - so she now has to scrap the previous one and start again!

Sometimes it doesn't pay to jump the gun......

Jenny

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Jenny

The problem is arising now due to the DOS recently making a change to the tax return requirements for NVC/Consulates in line with the earlier changes when submitting I-864 for Adjustment of Status for those in the US. We have been waiting to see the actual changes via NVC as up until now there has still been the requirement for 3 years taxes etc. What we will have to do now is update the examples to reflect the changes. At present however there has been no official change of the I-864 on the USCIS site, nor have they yet updated the guidelines on their site. This is a transitional stage that is going to require care. I would recommend that until this change has been fully implemented, that members refrain from using the shortcut with the I-864. Any thoughts anyone?

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Hi Lorelle - Seems like someone's playing catchup at the NVC. My daughter did get this info confirmed on the helpline so it should be correct.

Just generated the barcode for the DS-230 but when I completed all the instructions in James shortcuts - the barcode itself was far too small - did I do something wrong?????

Just hoping nothing has changed on this form as it would delay the process having to re-do them from this end and then send them back again :blush:

Jenny

Timeline

OK - think I figured it out

'In the resulting window, right click on the barcode and click on Copy. Then go to the MS Word copy of the DS-230 Part I coversheet, select the old barcode that's already there and hit the Delete key. Then click on Paste under the Edit menu (or hit Ctrl + V on the keyboard). You then need to further adjust the size of the barcode by right-clicking on it and clicking on "Format Picture." Then click on the "Size" tab. De-select "Lock aspect ratio" and change the height to 0.4" and the width to 3.45". Click on "OK." '

I checked the 'Format Picture' of the size of the barcode on the example copy and it was 1.01 cm height and 8.76 cm width so I just used these sizes and it looked right.

At least I hope that's right - as I've emailed it to my daughter :huh: .

Jenny

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

wench, this last poster is applying for a k3 but is in the "james shortcut" thread.

you mentioned above that the shortuct is just for cr-1...so if i am a k3 i needn't do this?

thanks

"Never pet a burning dog." Euclid

wench, this last poster is applying for a k3 but is in the "james shortcut" thread.

you mentioned above that the shortuct is just for cr-1...so if i am a k3 i needn't do this?

thanks

If you look at jenart's timeline they are doing CR-1. K-3's by default can do the CR-1 as the CR-1 is the approved I-130 which those doing K-3 have also submitted. Those doing K-3 with an approved I-129F do not follow the same procedure at NVC. If your I-130 gets approved before the I-129F you can opt to do the CR-1 visa by allowing the I-130 to process through NVC. Hope this explains it a little.

jenart

Glad you sorted it out :thumbs:

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

The other thing I did was to change the CR1 to IR1 - did I do right? Don't know what the 'C' stands for but think the 'IR' stands for Immigrant Relative.

Jenny

Timeline

I found out at the weekend that we are in fact IR5 - anyone ever heard of this?

I expect its because you don't see many 'parents' cases here.........

Hello Aussiewench,

Thank you for your help. No, it does not accept my user id and password, it says that it does not not this user. Any help is more than welcome.

Thank you, this is a great forum here!

Michigan2004

I was afraid of that. I just sent admin an email with the attachments and asked for them to be placed here in this site. Hopefully it will be sorted out shortly. Will keep you posted.

Lorelle

What an ungly flaw.

Hope it gets dealt with soon.

sanc

It has been corrected and the scanned packages have been moved across to this site so are accessible to all members now. :thumbs:

jenart

How did you go with your coversheet? I honestly have no idea what one must put if they are not CR-1/IR-1 spousal. I know munchkins is a parent that is immigrating...Perhaps PM and ask and post the answer back here for anyone else that may benefit from the answer.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Timeline

Hi Lorelle

As it was a grey area - my daughter decided to wait until the official DS-230 arrived before returning it - which was today.

It is an IR-5 (still don't know whether that stands for Immigrant Relative or Immediate R) so she has scrapped the coversheet I sent her and has mailed it complete UPS Overnight.

So here's hoping everything is correct - we shall see.

Here is a link with details on how to track your case when it leaves NVC via DHL on route to Embassy

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2575

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

but how can you cut and past a barcode to a pdf file?

I-130 for CR-1

02/25/06 :: I-130 mailed

02/28/06 :: I-130 received by CSC

03/07/06 :: NOA1

05/23/06 :: Received email stating that my case was approved!!

06/07/06 :: NVC case # assigned

06/19/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 generated

06/20/06 :: Emailed Choice of Agent

06/22/06 :: Choice of Agent accepted by NVC

06/22/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 postage date

06/26/06 :: Received AOS bill & DS-3032 by mail

06/26/06 :: IV bill Generated by NVC

06/27/06 :: Sent AOS bill via Express mail

06/28/06 :: AOS bill delivered to NVC

06/29/06 :: IV bill postage date

07/05/06 :: Received IV bill by mail

07/06/06 :: Sent IV bill by Express mail

07/07/06 :: IV bill delivered to NVC

07/10/06 :: I864 generated by NVC

07/17/06 :: I864 postage date

07/20/06 :: Received I864 by mail

07/21/06 :: Sent I864 by priority mail

07/17/06 :: DS230 generated by NVC

07/20/06 :: DS230 posted by NVC

07/24/06 :: I864 delivered to NVC

07/24/06 :: Received DS230 by mail

07/25/06 :: Sent DS230 by Express mail

07/26/06 :: DS230 delivered to NVC

08/18/06 :: Case Complete !!!!

08/23/06 :: Case sent to Madras, India

10/26/06 :: received CR1 visa

11/17/06 :: entered USA!!

but how can you cut and past a barcode to a pdf file?

The coversheets within James Shortcuts are in MS Word format not pdf.

Presently though they are showing encrypted so I have notified admin and hopefully that will be rectified shortly.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Do the barcodes on these forms that are generated work?

I can't get the DS-230 coversheet to open

To answer the question about the bar codes, I just compared the ones I got from the NVC to the ones on this site. The Barcodes look the same EXCEPT that the ones from NVC are bigger than what is generated here.

Also, the stars on the Barcode sheets are different. NVC has the 5-star and what we have here is a 6-star. On top of that the two stars at the top right corner are missing on JAME'S Shortcuts.

I sent in all the I-864 package by using the JAME'S Shortcuts but on second thought, I've mailed in all the NVC generated barcodes to avoid complications. Better safe than sorry!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.