Sanjiv Patel

Child Aging Out? CSPA may help

224 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My case is f3 and priority date is june 4,2002. Until now, I haven't received the interview letter yet. What should I do? In addition, my daughter is born in may 25, 1988. Our approval date is may 21,2009. Will she still eligible for CSPA law? Thank you so much for everyone times!

Edited by Azn guy

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My case is f3 and priority date is june 4,2002. Until now, I haven't received the interview letter yet. What should I do? In addition, my daughter is born in may 25, 1988. Our approval date is may 21,2009. Will she still eligible for CSPA law? Thank you so much for everyone times!

Your PD is current as of Dec. 1, 2012, so you should have gotten your interview letter by now. Have you submitted the DS-230 visa application? Has your petitioner file the I-864 affidavit of support? If both have been done, then contact the US Consulate after Dec. 1 when your PD becomes current.

CSPA will allow your daughter to immigrate to the US with you. Based on your PD and approval date, your daughter has about 7 years of CSPA protection since it took 7 years for USCIS to approve the petition (2009 - 2002 = 7 years). When your PD becomes current on Dec. 1, 2012, your daughter's actual age will be 22 years 7 months. For immigration purposes, her CSPA age will be 22 years 7 months - 7 years = 15 years 7 months. Since her CSPA age is under 21, she will be able to immigrate with you as long as she is not married.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Aaron! My case was completed on August 26 2011 . It's was handle by lawyer I don't know If they schedule based on your complete date or alphabet but it's very frustrated . Thanks for the info !

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys I've been looking in the website but I couldn't find any answers so my father Is gonna be a green card holder soon and he wanna file for my little brothers that are overseas they r 14 and 13 so my questions are how long with it take for then to get a green card and how can he file for them I need the steps and the documents needed plz

Thank u very much

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, Mardar.

Your brothers will qualify under F1A visa application once your father gets his GC. Current visa "priority date" availability for F1A is June 8, 2011 - http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html.

Here is a link to the U.S. Dept. of State showing the information relating to Family-based Immigration matters - http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5953.html

You dad's priority date will be the date his Form I-130 is received by USCIS.

Best of luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi! Please help me clarify things.. I badly needed it just to lessen my anxiety..

I am now 22 years old and we are under the F4 category. Our priority date became current last September 2010. We were affected by retrogression. Does my age freezes or i will age out? In few months time our PD will be current.

Priority date: June 28, 1990

My birthday: August 17,1990

Priority date became current for the first time: September 2010

Current PD: Dec 15 1989

Please help me

Timeline

Hi aaron 2020!

Where can I see the I-130 approval date? Was it the date the NVC mailed it to us? If that so, the NVC mailed the I-130 form to us last September 16,2010.

The only way to know the I-130 approval is on the notice that was sent to the petitioner. You need that notice. If you don't have the notice, then you can ask USCIS. There is no other way to get this approval date.

The only way to know the I-130 approval is on the notice that was sent to the petitioner. You need that notice. If you don't have the notice, then you can ask USCIS. There is no other way to get this approval date.

Was it the notice that the NVC sent us the mail stating that our case has completed?

Sorry I'm having confusion with the dates :(

Timeline

Was it the notice that the NVC sent us the mail stating that our case has completed?

Hi aaron 2020!

Where can I see the I-130 approval date? Was it the date the NVC mailed it to us? If that so, the NVC mailed the I-130 form to us last September 16,2010.

You are confused. The NVC does not send out the I-130 form.

The 2010 letter from the NVC to finish processing the case does not have the PD.

I have told you there are only 2 ways to know; the I-130 approval letter from USCIS or by contacting USCIS.

You are confused. The NVC does not send out the I-130 form.

The 2010 letter from the NVC to finish processing the case does not have the PD.

I have told you there are only 2 ways to know; the I-130 approval letter from USCIS or by contacting USCIS.

Ok, thank you. How can I contact USCIS? Thru phone or email?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Thread locked as this is a pinned topic for information only. Please create your own thread about your own case if you have questions or need information ***

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.