LadyNoles

Papers for the interview

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OK heres my situation...when we filed last september I didnt know about VJ :blink: which would have helped but anyway, I included everything in my petition file.

By everything I mean everything :

- police check and translate ( I"m a french canadian B) )

- I-134 "affidavit of support" notarized

- birth certifificate original and translate

- letters to intent from both of us

- bank statements ( which arent necessary as my man's incme is way above the poverty guideline )

- taxes transcripts

well everything.....

Now that file is going to be soon on its way to Montreal embassy and I know that 'technically <_< they suppose to check it and tell you what yo need to bring.

My fiance said "well if they smart they wont ask again for those documents as they got them already " to which I replied " dont forget honey..they are americans :lol: (we like to tease each other )

Besides the I-134 that my fiance gonna get a more recent one due to the fact that a date is include in it but I wont be his wife yet. ( USCIS all timeline loll )

All other documents are from last september so DO I NEED TO GET ALL OF THEM AGAIN ??? :huh::huh:

and my fiance is the owner of a company so he has the right to file for an extention to file his tax return as it is quite complicated so I wont have the 2007 with me for the interview.

Is it a problem ??? or is 2004-2005-2006 is sufficient ???

well thank for all your answers and comments or suggestion I really appreciate it :)(F)

Some of what your fiancé sent in, he included a few things that were unnecessary.

I'm not sure, but I believe the police certificate is only good for 6 months in most countries. Might want to double-check the validity in Canada.

You will need a new I-134 at the interview (as you have deduced) as well as all evidence backing it up (recent).

The birth certificate is also generally required at the interview. I wouldn't count on what your husband sent in to be sufficient. You may want to order another copy. (maybe someone with experience on this can chip on).

It's suggested that you bring all the originals of what was filed with the I-129f to the interview. The guides here on VJ also recommend a complete duplicate copy of the I-128f and everything that was sent with it, but I have not seen any cases where this was beneficial.

You might also want to add medical exam results to your list, and as much evidence of a bona fide relationship as you can.

As for 2007 tax info, that's not a requirements since taxes do not need to be filed yet. You should, however, present as much evidence of current income as you can.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.