Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Travelling while applying for removal of conditions

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

My wife and I are in the process of preparing our I-751 packet to apply for removal of conditions on my green card, and we're planning on sending it this week. My parents are planning a vacation in Canada for August, and we were thinking about driving from Michigan over the land border crossing to visit them. My card expires at the end of March, which should give the USCIS plenty of time to send the NOA. I've read that you can use your expired green card and the NOA (as well as my British passport) as proof of residency when returning to the US until the I-751 is approved and your new card arrives. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any troubles, or anything I should be concerned with? I'd like to know if it's going to be a big hassle getting back into the US before we start making travel arrangements.


Edited by chiggins

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...