sara.....

How do you know if your case has been touched

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

How do you know if your case has been touched.......I looked on the site that you check your case status and this morning I noticed when i brought up my portfolio that it showed last updated 02/07/2008 i didnt up date anything can someone explain it to me??? plz

sara

The "Last Updated" date will change.

So you were last touched on the 7th of Feb.

That means that someone scanned your file. They did something to it, looked at it, moved it, filed it somewhere, etc.

:)

Every time that date changes, you have been "touched"

Based on your time line, your approval could be coming soon!!! :)

Best of luck!!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

That means that someone scanned your file. They did something to it, looked at it, moved it, filed it somewhere, etc.

Best of luck!!!

OMG you mean we really got touched have never had that happen ohhh nowwww i am started to get really excited thankyou for the fast reply

sara

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Best of luck!!!

I have a question along these lines. If you call does it create a touch? i called on the 7th also to get my wife's case number after only receiving my step son's NOA, and now it shows an "update" on the 7th.

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure...some have said calls do generate a touch. I remember calling a couple times and it didn't generate a touch, but that was our experience. Basically a touch means someone has actually looked at your file. Doesn't necessarily mean any action has taken place though. A touch could mean that your file was merely moved from one desk to another.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Best of luck!!!

I have a question along these lines. If you call does it create a touch? i called on the 7th also to get my wife's case number after only receiving my step son's NOA, and now it shows an "update" on the 7th.

Yes, I've seen many people call and they were touched, because simply, the adjudicator got the information for you that you requested :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Best of luck!!!

Yes, I've seen many people call and they were touched, because simply, the adjudicator got the information for you that you requested :)

well then. it is conceivably possible that by calling ....i touched myself. lol lol ahhh jokes before coffee, they are usually bad!! when will i learn?

Dr. Bill

I-130

Sent: 11-16-07 (date actually sent)

Rec'd: 12-23-08 (this is date listed as received by USCIS

NOA1 : 2-4-08

touch: 2-7-08

touch : 4-13-08 (probably due to address change)

touch : 4-21-08

touch : 4-22-08

APPROVAL!!: 4-21-08

Payed AOS fee 6-26-08

I-129f

Sent: 3-07-08

NOA1: 3-11-08

touch: 3-14-08

touch: 4-21-08

touch :4-22-08

APPROVAL: 4-21-08

NVC received: 4-28-08

consulate received: 5-5-08

INTERVIEW!!! : 7-17-08

6073.gif

7109.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*passes Dr. Bill a cuppa coffee* humour....whether bad (before coffee) or good (after coffee) is always a good thing in this process. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"Touching" is meaningless and no big deal. Some petitions get 'touched" and others never do. It only indicates someone had your petition in their hands and made note of it on the database. What truly counts are NOAs (yeah!) and RFEs (Boo!) :)

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
"Touching" is meaningless and no big deal. Some petitions get 'touched" and others never do. It only indicates someone had your petition in their hands and made note of it on the database. What truly counts are NOAs (yeah!) and RFEs (Boo!) :)

hmmm maybe......but its the first time anything has even been done to it and my time line is pretty much close to those that have filed and been approved so i have to look at it positive :) at least i know they have not lost us lol

Good luck everyone

Filed: Timeline

If you call the service center, then your call will most likely result in a "touch." If you are not able to get through and you only speak with the main (non-service center) customers support, then you will not be "touched."

Words of wisdom. Don't hang on touches, they are meaningless as indicators for your approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.