Crazy_Brit

Got a British Pension

12 posts in this topic

Hi all

I am an expat now living in the USA and have a contact here in Atlanta who can help you re-invest your frozen pension in the UK. I re-invested mine, I had been paying to my pension in the UK since I was 17 years old and when i left in 2005 it was frozen and just going up at the rate of inflation, now I have done something about it so it will make more money and it is working!!!! This person is totally trust worthy and knows his stuff, he took care of all the paperwork and keeps me fully informed all the time. Believe me he is worth talking to now i don't have to worry about my retirement as it is all taken care of and i will have plenty of money to retire to a good life.

If you have a pension you want to do something about, don't wait around, send me a message and I will give you the details of the bloke I am dealing with. By the way he is British too and working here in the US for a British company.

Crazy Brit

26th Nov 04 I29F sent to TCS

29th Nov 04 confirmation from post office that application recieved at TCS

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

8th Feb 05 APPROVED!!!!!! bloody hell I am in shock

12th Feb NOA2 arrives via snail mail

24th Feb Got NVC number

25th Feb email from NVC case has been forwarded to London

4th March Packet 3 received

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

4th March Sent packet 3 back recorded delivery

7th March packet received at Embassy via recorded delivery

28th April Medical in Edinburgh

6th May 2005 Interview thank god!!!! A date at last

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

23rd May flew to Atlanta GA

2nd July Married !!!!!

11th July sent of AOS and EAD

22nd July received NOA's for AOS and EAD

9th September succesfull with a walkin Atlanta for Biometrics

20th Oct had info pass for EAD, EAD issued for one year

4th May AOS interview Atlanta APPROVED!!!!

19th March 2008 Sent application to remove conditions

31st March 2008 received NOA

17th April 2008 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How do you report a post?

I was going to say Spam, then I saw you have more than one post, so I thought maybe misguided. Would not be the first one, hence the FSA.

And then I looked further and you made the same post last November.

This 'bloke' would not be you, would it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

no, i am female LOL, been on here a long while and thought it would be a very good idea for people to know that you can sort your pension here in the USA with a minimum of fuss. Honestly i am so glad I did this as i feel more at ease about my pension making some money for me.

Crazy Brit

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

7th Jan 05 Just found out from this site that if your receipt number starts wac that is the California Service Centre

24th Feb Got NVC number

OH when oh when will I hear from the Embassy for my date for the interview?!?!?!

6th May 2005 had interview Welcome to the United States, I have my VISA approved!!!!!

2nd July Married !!!!!

Timeline
no, i am female LOL, been on here a long while and thought it would be a very good idea for people to know that you can sort your pension here in the USA with a minimum of fuss. Honestly i am so glad I did this as i feel more at ease about my pension making some money for me.

Crazy Brit

If that was the story line you were told, in the UK it would be called misselling and have serious consequences.

I would suggest you obtain a second and even third opinion.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

What is the mystery I have been receiving my pension without problems since Jan07

Oh and the IRS have very strict rules about transferring UK pensions into the USA

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Can I not just keep paying into my HSBC pension here in the UK and then receive payment when I retire? I realise the employer contributions would be nil (unless US companies will pay into UK schemes), but I didn't think I'd need to move it entirely to the US.

Stu.

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Excuse me i dont know what your problem is!!! I have been on this board a very long time and never been spoken to like this Boiler.

I am not miss selling as I am NOT selling silly!!!!

My pension in the UK was frozen and only going up at the rate of inflation ie 1.2 % so I had some guy arrange and did all the paper work to re invest it so now it went up last year by 10%.

I have got lots opinions from ppl who have done this do you think i would risk my very large pension which i have been paying into since I was 17 for 22 years !!!!!

I also have my protected funds in a private bank account which in the UK it is the law that half of your pension put into a company pension has to be protected the other half is invested in a choice of what risk investment you want to do.

For others I have not transferred this to the USA as you cannot do that, it will go up steadily and my protected funds are protected, I am under the UK laws for pensions not doing any thing wrong just looking after my investment there in the UK

I thought we were on this board to pass on info to help each other and that is exactly what i was trying to do.

I feel quite upset by your reaction Boiler, I feel that maybe I should not share my help with others and believe me this is difficult moving from the UK to the USA and every bit of info i know and have experienced I personally am a helping person.

Thank you Crazy Brit

:crying:

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

24th Feb Got NVC number

2nd July Married !!!!!

Timeline

If your advisor sic wants to advertise he should contact owners of this web site. I am sure they would be more than happy to assist.

If you think you are set for life with 22 years pension contributions, you need a new calculator.

Edited by Boiler

If your advisor sic wants to advertise he should contact owners of this web site. I am sure they would be more than happy to assist.

If you think you are set for life with 22 years pension contributions, you need a new calculator.

Sorry but I have never had some one be so mean to me on here as you are!

You have no idea about my situation so please just be a nice person!! so no need for a new calculator i have taken good advice thank you!

After all we are all here to help each YES?

That is the last I will say on this subject to you.

Crazy Brit

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

24th Feb Got NVC number

2nd July Married !!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Sorry but I have never had some one be so mean to me on here as you are!

You have no idea about my situation so please just be a nice person!! so no need for a new calculator i have taken good advice thank you!

After all we are all here to help each YES?

That is the last I will say on this subject to you.

Crazy Brit

Yikes this got heated. I'm not in the US yet, but I have say that my UK pension is something i've given thought to, and if someone wants to give advice on the best way to make the most of this money, I dont see why it should be a problem....

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

Timeline
Yikes this got heated. I'm not in the US yet, but I have say that my UK pension is something i've given thought to, and if someone wants to give advice on the best way to make the most of this money, I dont see why it should be a problem....

Good idea to start now, you only get what you pay for, you need to have a paid consultation with an IFA who is familiar with the needs of expats.

Everybodys individual circumstances vary, no single cookie cutter answer.

For money forums, you can have a look at:

www.fool.com

www.fool.co.uk

Good idea to start now, you only get what you pay for, you need to have a paid consultation with an IFA who is familiar with the needs of expats.

Everybodys individual circumstances vary, no single cookie cutter answer.

For money forums, you can have a look at:

www.fool.com

www.fool.co.uk

Yes that is exactly I have, I did not get this for free I did have to pay a fee but it was nothing compared to what I will make! This company I am dealing with are in the UK with representatives here in the US which I feel more comfortable dealing with someone who is local to where i live and understand UK pensions and know all the rules.

Crazy brit

Edited by Crazy_Brit

8th Dec 04 NOA1

10th Dec 04 Touched

24th Feb Got NVC number

2nd July Married !!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.