w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Can Mrs. Clinton Lose?

66 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I see "injustice" at work here.

You don't see being wrongly accused of being a misogynist as an injustice?

I've commented that I support Obama over Hillary. Because of her past, her views, and her fakeness, I detest Hillary quite a bit. To then be accused of not supporting Hillary just because she's a woman is an injustice in that it belittles my opinions and tries to dismiss them as merely the rantings of a typical "woman-hater."

actually I feel exactly the same towards Hillary and Im a woman.

Woman hater!!! :P

only that woman !! I quite like other women in general, oh except Janice Dickinson from "America's Next Top Model", oh and Omarosa from the celebrity "The Apprentic". I wish Piers Morgan would just slap her. Yeah you're right - I'm a woman hater ;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
don't like her...something about her personality is not genuine. she's eloquent, knowledgeable but lacks sincerity

In other words, she's a politician.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The reason so many "hate" Hillary Clinton has more to do with her being a politician and not representing those individuals' views than her being a woman. If push came to shove, I'd prefer Hillary over Obama; however, I don't like either of them. Tell me... the reason I dislike them both -- is it because I generally disagree with the Democratic Party or because I'm merely "racist and sexist" instead? :rolleyes:

Let's review what defines racism and sexism, shall we? Better yet, I think I'll use examples...

RACIST: "There's no way Obama could ever be president; African Americans just don't have the overall intelligence to do things like that. Besides, who could have respect for a man who probably got into the Senate through some sort of affirmative action plan in the first place?"

NOT RACIST: "Since I disagree with his views, I could never vote for Obama."

SEXIST: "Hillary's really biting off more than she can chew. After all, women can only handle so much and assuming she won, who would really want a skirt in the White House?"

NOT SEXIST: "I strongly oppose Hillary's platform as a politician; I don't like her future plans for running the country, should she win the presidency."

See the difference? One attacks the person (and their race/gender) while the other goes after their ideas. The former is what makes for "racism" or "sexism," while the latter is completely legitimate in every way. That doesn't mean you have to like or agree with you, but it's by no means "racist" or "sexist" either.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hopefully she will lose big time...and then divorce that idiot husband of hers. Then I might have a little respect for her. But, she is so overcome with ambition, that she will sell herself out in the hope that she might attract a vote.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I do not particularly like Hillary Clinton either, but I thought I'd toss my 2 cents about the she-is-a-woman issue. Unfortunately I came across several people (men, one of them my neighbour who is 23 years old...scary!) who specifically told me they "would never vote for a woman" and at my question as to why the answer was "because that's the way I was brought up". :blink: One of my hubby's family member, who NEVER voted in the primaries in his entire life, actually got off work early to go vote for Edwards this year "because there's no way in hell a woman or a n-word could ever run for president!". He lives in FL. :wacko: Unfortunately ignorance is amazingly spread all over the world..in Italy we say that the mother's of all idiots is always pregnant.... :whistle:

Truth is I highly doubt someone who feel this kind of sexism/racism would openly come out and say it on VJ, they'd probably use an excuse to hide their real feelings.... :unsure:

This doesn't mean though that every person who didn't/won't vote for her has the same stupid reason, I know many (including me) do not like her views and that is all.

ETA: I honestly think she will not lose and actually win in november too...

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!