spauldingjeffrey

forgot to return I-94 card

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to be like a broken record I have posted this topic two times already but have not received much response. just lookin for some advice from someone with some experience. here is the situation.....

My fiancee and I forgot to turn in her I-94 card the last time she visited me in the US, and we did not realize it until six months after it expired. So we found out through customs where to send the card and sent CBP a letter explaining that we forgot to return the card and sent pay stubs from her job in Canada and a letter from her work and even a copy her lease to prove that she was in Canada for the time after the card expired. She is a Russian citizen and a Canadian immigrant so I am not sure if the VWP applies to her and that she would recieve a 10 year ban if the corrections are not made in time for our interview.

We are about 2 months away from our interview an we are worried that we will be refused because of this. We have saved all the documents that we sent CBP and we will present them at the interview. will this be ok????? Any one have experience with this??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sorry to be like a broken record I have posted this topic two times already but have not received much response. just lookin for some advice from someone with some experience. here is the situation.....

My fiancee and I forgot to turn in her I-94 card the last time she visited me in the US, and we did not realize it until six months after it expired. So we found out through customs where to send the card and sent CBP a letter explaining that we forgot to return the card and sent pay stubs from her job in Canada and a letter from her work and even a copy her lease to prove that she was in Canada for the time after the card expired. She is a Russian citizen and a Canadian immigrant so I am not sure if the VWP applies to her and that she would recieve a 10 year ban if the corrections are not made in time for our interview.

We are about 2 months away from our interview an we are worried that we will be refused because of this. We have saved all the documents that we sent CBP and we will present them at the interview. will this be ok????? Any one have experience with this??

Have you called CBP and asked them if they have cleared it?

Timeline

Have you called CBP and asked them if they have cleared it?

they say we are supposed to wait for about four months and then write a letter to CBP asking if it has been corrected. we just sent everything to CBP at the end of decmber and our interview is march 26th. So we are worried that it wont be entered in time. :unsure:. I guess we are cutting it very close!! Just looking for some VJ support!

Edited by spauldingjeffrey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
they say we are supposed to wait for about four months and then write a letter to CBP asking if it has been corrected. we just sent everything to CBP at the end of decmber and our interview is march 26th. So we are worried that it wont be entered in time. :unsure:. I guess we are cutting it very close!! Just looking for some VJ support!

Ahh I see. Well personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As they mention, the next time you go to cross the border they suggest you take all the documentation you sent to them with you to explain at the border entry/crossing, just in case the record hasn't been updated.

One would hope that the same type of reasoning applies to your interview.

My Husband didn't turn in his I-94 once. The next time we drove over the border we had to go in and speak with a CBP officer. He was none-too-nice (that's putting it mildly) - you can be banned etc etc etc.

My Husband showed him a stamp in his passport, for another country, that was after the date when he visited the U.S. - and all was well and we went on our way.

So I guess what I'm saying is, as you have all your proof to bring to the interview, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck :thumbs:

Timeline

Ahh I see. Well personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As they mention, the next time you go to cross the border they suggest you take all the documentation you sent to them with you to explain at the border entry/crossing, just in case the record hasn't been updated.

One would hope that the same type of reasoning applies to your interview.

My Husband didn't turn in his I-94 once. The next time we drove over the border we had to go in and speak with a CBP officer. He was none-too-nice (that's putting it mildly) - you can be banned etc etc etc.

My Husband showed him a stamp in his passport, for another country, that was after the date when he visited the U.S. - and all was well and we went on our way.

So I guess what I'm saying is, as you have all your proof to bring to the interview, it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck :thumbs:

Yes I hope this is the case. We are just freaking out a little we dont want to be denied or have to go through AP over a simple mistake. The wait has already been too long!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.