ry143

proof of income & tax returns

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi, would having a job paying over the requirement needed (125%) for only 6 months be enough? If the person filing was mostly unemployed before this? How much would this matter?

Also if the petitioner was claimed as a dependent on the last tax return would this be looked upon badly? or would it still be possible to be accepted?

Would a statement from employer, recent pay stubs and bank statement be enough for proof of income to be accepted?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sure the experts will add their opinions, but here are my thoughts:

If you are over the 125% line, and your employment letter says your position is permanent and validates your income, then I would hope everything would be fine. Of course, logic sometimes has no place in government decisions! If your income is close to the minimum, then things could get dicey. Everyone has to leave the nest at some point, though, so I would hope the prior year as a dependent wouldn't matter. Just my opinion on these things, though.

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Timeline
I believe you have to have met the poverty requirements for 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i dont believe thats true, what if the person was a student or unable to work.

i was under the impression you needed your last 3 pay stubs.

we will be filing to london if that makes any difference? anyone have any experience of what exactly they ask for in the london interview by way of financial requirements?

Filed: Other Timeline

Where you are filing makes a big difference. So read up on London.

There is no requirement that one must meet the poverty minimums for a three year period. That was an old directive for another form (I864) which said directive was eliminated in June 2006.

There's also no rule about the number of paystubs one must attach to the affidavit. Each consulate will differ as to what they will or will not accept to support the I134 (if they use the form at all).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That would doom me, if it were true. In 2006, I lived in Russia with my fiancée. I did not earn enough income over there to even need to report it to the IRS for 2006. Of course, now I have returned and meet the 125% requirement again for the 2007 tax year.

I believe you have to have met the poverty requirements for 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong.

i dont believe thats true, what if the person was a student or unable to work.

i was under the impression you needed your last 3 pay stubs.

we will be filing to london if that makes any difference? anyone have any experience of what exactly they ask for in the london interview by way of financial requirements?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

You do need to earn that money for 3 yrs in a row to be considered acceptable for affidavit of support. I did not do that and therefore needed to have a cosponser. With this they need to add there income but dont forget you then need to change the number of dependents and that changes the required amount. The forms for this talk about that part. And the website for uscis talks about the amount of money required. You also need to fill out the contract between sponser and household member (cant remember the # of the document)...

You do need to earn that money for 3 yrs in a row to be considered acceptable for affidavit of support. I did not do that and therefore needed to have a cosponser. With this they need to add there income but dont forget you then need to change the number of dependents and that changes the required amount. The forms for this talk about that part. And the website for uscis talks about the amount of money required. You also need to fill out the contract between sponser and household member (cant remember the # of the document)...

What type of petition (K1/K3/CR1) and when?

Timeline

i think thats as someone said earlier that 3 years is required for the I864, but not the I134, unless its just different in Sweden?

i think thats as someone said earlier that 3 years is required for the I864, but not the I134, unless its just different in Sweden?

Three years is no longer required for the I864 either.

Timeline

cool, any more opinions on my original questions?

cheers people

cool, any more opinions on my original questions?

cheers people

Like I said, research info regarding the London consulate.

You can also dig through the posts of the member BigCityDave till you come to a thread where I explained a lot of things about the I134 to him. I'd rather not have to type it all over again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just cut and paste like I do! ;):lol:

... I'd rather not have to type it all over again.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

ok i did what you said rebbecajo and found the thread regarding bigcitydave and understand why you couldn't just copy and paste lol

ummm so 125% of the poverty line is for the i864 and we may well be accepted with just 100% with the i134?

i also read up on some of the london consulate information, i got this:

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attached two or more of the following items to the affidavit.

* notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;

* a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

* a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

* any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.

it says two or more, so technically i may not even need the tax return? i understand it would be better, but not essential? if i had bullet point 2 and 3 on that list.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.