Cheryl & Medo

Another Intervew!!!!!

31 posts in this topic

I don't want to give you any false hope, but I believe that the reason they are requesting the new medical and police report is that they are ready to issue the visa, but they can't if those 2 have expired.

The medical is good for 1 year, the police report is for 3 months (at least in Morocco they are).

We were denied, and we won the denial. On my husbands second interview they wanted updated forms. This was for the police report, the medical, and for the I-864. We had it all, but the medical. It wasn't expired, but the doctor didn't have a copy any more, so he had to get a second one. Oh yes, I also gave them updated letter of income from my employer.

I can't remember which visa now you are working on, but if I were you I would have him take in a new Affidavit of Support and proof of your income. They might not need it, but if they have it they can't stall by asking for it. He can just tell them when he drops it off that he has those too if they want it.

The questions about being in contact was just plain stupid, and probably their last and desperate attempt to try to deny.

Good luck!

How did you deal with the anger of being denied? We haven't been denied but the anger is incredible that they are making us prove the validity of our relationship. If I were on the outside looking in I could understand it I guess but when it's happening to you personally it really grates on you.

Well at first I had no idea what happened since they said they were sending it for more security checks. But after much research we found someone that had the same thing happen.

Angry, yes, but that is what fueled my flame to keep my strong. But towards the end I could tell I was having some serious depression, and my kids were very concerned.

What both my husband and I found is that to keep our sanity we just needed to walk away from our computer from time to time and forget about the denial. Pretend that we had normal lives. Actually it was harder on my husband than it was for me because deep inside I knew that we would win.

The other thing that kept us going was the 4 times I went there. Once for our marriage, once right after the denial, again a year later, and one last time for the interview.

Although it was nice to know that I would visit again going home was the real nightmare. At that time we had no idea if our case would be reviewed again, or if we would have to wait another year for a vist. We both went into depression for a few weeks after I returned home.

He has been here now for over a year, and I can't say I am still over it, but I thank God for every moment we have together. He really is everything I dreamed of and more.

I know how angry we were when AOS was denied. I cannot imagine how horrifying having the visa denied would be. You're a stronger woman than I. Kudos for that (F)

wow what a nightmare you have been through, what happens when the adjustment of status is denied?

You scream, cry for about 24 hours, and throw things at the wall. Then you call mommy. Mommy told daddy. Daddy told congressman. When daddy says jump, congressman says "How high?"

I honestly had no idea what to do at first. We consulted a lawyer and he told me how to go about appealing/reopening the case. It didnt work, but at least I was on the right path. Im learning as I go. Currently Im waiting to see if USCIS will accept the pile of assorted 'additional evidence' I sent and/or respond to the congressman.

NO WAY!! Do they allow your husband to stay until this is decided? I think if this was me I would seriously go balistic on someone! Do you feel like the congressman helped at all?

Well we were given a 30-day window to respond to the denial. It basically said "you're denied for not responding to the RFE" (which we never knew about). I busted my tail to get it turned around within 30 days, but so far I have no documentation from USCIS that acknowledges we got our foot in the door within the 30-day window.

Im not sure if he's going to be deported or not. We havent recevied any letters to such effect, not that ICE or USCIS has ever been anywhere near that organized. The congressman says he wont be deported, and since I have nothing else to go on, Im trusting his word. He seems like a pretty good guy, gung-ho about seeing justice done, and is very informed about our case.

Believe me, Ive gone ape-sh!t on anyone I thought was remoted connected to the problem or might be able to solve it. Im kinda glad to be able to dump it in the congressman's lap now. Im too tired to fight.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.