mnieto

Newfangled Employment Verification @ my Company?

6 posts in this topic

As the petitioner, I know that I am supposed to get a verification of my employment and salary. Trouble is, my employer is a large company in a volatile industry (airlines) and has contracted out everything it can, including employment verifications! The company they are using is called The Work Number (http://www.theworknumber.com). I'm supposed to give whoever needs this information a "salary key" and my "employer code" so that they can pull it up themselves.

Has anyone had any experience with this ridiculous system? Would the Embassy (in Frankfurt) or the US Department of Homeland Security, USCIS use this?

I've spoken to a Customer Service Rep at The Work Number and there is no way I can get this information on myself! :wacko: The "verifier" needs to request it and the US Dept. of Homeland Security is registered in their system.

Is this going to be a problem? Can't my recent paycheck stubs and my tax returns suffice?

Any help on this score would be appreciated.

-- Mitch

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi, my company uses the same thing.

whenever i needed to provide or verify such information, i have directly contacted our HR/Payroll dep't and explained to them that I need a letter, in writing - the number isn't going to cut it for me.

They were well aware of the situation, and happily got me what I needed.

The worknumber is great if you are standing at a bank and applying for a loan, or trying to buy a car and someone needs to verify your income.

For immigration purposes, it just doesn't seem to work for me.

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Our company uses the work# too...but for the employment verification letter, I asked my boss directly (not HR/Compensation). He was happy to comply and signed a letter attesting to my employment, position and salary.

Most companies will generate a letter for you if you explain that this is for 'immigration' purposes and documentary proof is needed.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

As the petitioner, I know that I am supposed to get a verification of my employment and salary. Trouble is, my employer is a large company in a volatile industry (airlines) and has contracted out everything it can, including employment verifications! The company they are using is called The Work Number (http://www.theworknumber.com). I'm supposed to give whoever needs this information a "salary key" and my "employer code" so that they can pull it up themselves.

Has anyone had any experience with this ridiculous system? Would the Embassy (in Frankfurt) or the US Department of Homeland Security, USCIS use this?

I've spoken to a Customer Service Rep at The Work Number and there is no way I can get this information on myself! :wacko: The "verifier" needs to request it and the US Dept. of Homeland Security is registered in their system.

Is this going to be a problem? Can't my recent paycheck stubs and my tax returns suffice?

Any help on this score would be appreciated.

-- Mitch

[/quote

I work for a worldwide company and The Work Number is also used. Had to contact HR and ask for employment verification and explained to them it was needed for immigration. The Work Number will not work for your process so dont use it

I am a Cal Fire state employee and we that system also. I just had my boss write an informal letter for the info they need. Maybe you can do the same, its not like they are going to actually take the time to check at the interview. I've never read anyone say they called the employer during the interview. Take care and good luck.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Thanks, guys!

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.