GaryC

Fat people cheaper to treat, study says

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
how about exterminate people after they reach a certain age, like 65. That way people wouldn't try to get healthy to live longer if they could only live til 65 anyway.

Sounds like Logan's Run - though I'm pretty sure there was an episode of Star Trek where they did that.

2 weeks before your 65th birthday the government sends you a "Home Euthanasia Kit" containing rope, sleeping pills and gun.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Well, i smoke, does this mean im cheap? :whistle::blush:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline
Does this mean then that they should stop refusing treatment to smokers who refuse to quit, or alcoholics who won't stop drinking.

No, just bc i smoke, doesnt make me less of a person than a non-smoker

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Does this mean then that they should stop refusing treatment to smokers who refuse to quit, or alcoholics who won't stop drinking.

No I mean they already do that - some doctors won't provide treatment for smoking related conditions if you're not committed to giving up the habit.

As much as I hate to quote The Daily Mail.

how about exterminate people after they reach a certain age, like 65. That way people wouldn't try to get healthy to live longer if they could only live til 65 anyway.

No... That would reduce the amount of car crashes, which would, of course, cause more people to live longer... Who wants to pay for THAT?

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No... That would reduce the amount of car crashes, which would, of course, cause more people to live longer... Who wants to pay for THAT?

:lol: :lol:

Timeline

No I mean they already do that - some doctors won't provide treatment for smoking related conditions if you're not committed to giving up the habit.

As much as I hate to quote The Daily Mail.

Well honestly, if i was dieing of cancer, and my dr sd the only way to save me was to quit smoking, and then hed do treatment, if i didnt quit, then thats kinda my own fault. I mean, why get the treatment, if i would continue to worsen afterwards by continuing to smoke.

its like asking an alcholoic to stop drinking so he can get a liver transplant, but he states he wont quit, why give it to him, when someone who doesnt drink needs it and will not destroy it. IMO

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Health problems/issues are genetic; therefore, all people have a projected or pre-designated life duration.

Do external factors, such as smoking and drinking exacerbate the issue? Perhaps a factor, if you are a susceptible individual. If not, no real worries.

Either way, one should enjoy their life as it suits them.

Edited by William33

Agreed..

For me, that means lots of metal.

and red meat.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Health problems/issues are genetic; therefore, all people have a projected or pre-designated life duration.

Do external factors, such as smoking and drinking exacerbate the issue? Perhaps a factor, if you are a susceptible individual. If not, no real worries.

sounds good to me - i'll have a pizza then :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i agree.....life eat it

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You gotta know how to enjoy life without becoming a killjoy.

As for me, I take care of myself. Prevention will always be cheaper than treatment.

And no, not all pathology is genetic. Matter of fact the majority of inherited diseases stem from suceptibility genes, which means you don't necessarily get it automatically. In those cases you have to combine the triggers, that are usually environmental (diet, habits, etc) and the susceptibility genes- and even then not all pathologies behave the same way as most of those combinations do not arise in the same way.

Other disease genes like Huntingtons are absolutely genetic in that you get it by having just one of the two alleles for the disease.

Some folks do genetic screening in order to weed out some of these genes as they become available to test... others like me just try to filter out our family histories and eat well, exercise, and stay positive in life.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.