w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Obama expands lead on Clinton in California

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama opened narrow leads on Hillary Clinton in California and Missouri one day before crucial "Super Tuesday" nominating contests in 24 states, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Monday.

Obama and Clinton were deadlocked in New Jersey, and Obama enjoyed a double-digit advantage over Clinton in Georgia in two other Democratic contests on the biggest single day of voting ever in a U.S. presidential nominating campaign.

"The momentum is with Obama," said pollster John Zogby. "If this trend continues it could be a very big night for him."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idU...=22&sp=true

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Hope he wins tomorrow.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Barack Obama opened narrow leads on Hillary Clinton in California and Missouri one day before crucial "Super Tuesday" nominating contests in 24 states, according to a Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll released on Monday.

Obama and Clinton were deadlocked in New Jersey, and Obama enjoyed a double-digit advantage over Clinton in Georgia in two other Democratic contests on the biggest single day of voting ever in a U.S. presidential nominating campaign.

"The momentum is with Obama," said pollster John Zogby. "If this trend continues it could be a very big night for him."

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idU...=22&sp=true

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Obama take calif..illinois and missouri...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Obama take calif..illinois and missouri...

Yes, Yes, Yes. I think, he will win IL easily. If he can win CA and MO, it will be super and a big blow to Hillary Clinton.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Another poll:

The poll is consistent with other national surveys during the past few days. A CNN averaging of five national polls conducted in the last few days -- a "poll of polls" -- puts Clinton at 45 percent and Obama at 43 percent. Those five surveys were done by CNN/Opinion Research Corp., Gallup, Pew, ABC and CBS.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/04/nat...poll/index.html

Tomorrow will tell! :dance:

Another poll:

The poll is consistent with other national surveys during the past few days. A CNN averaging of five national polls conducted in the last few days -- a "poll of polls" -- puts Clinton at 45 percent and Obama at 43 percent. Those five surveys were done by CNN/Opinion Research Corp., Gallup, Pew, ABC and CBS.

45-43 in Cali would be awful. It would mean a near equal share of delegates, which means the beat goes on. Perhaps all the way to convention where Johny Boy becomes kingmaker!

Another poll:

45-43 in Cali would be awful. It would mean a near equal share of delegates, which means the beat goes on. Perhaps all the way to convention where Johny Boy becomes kingmaker!

Tomorrow will tell, enough BS with polls. They have been wrong before & they will be wrong again... :wacko:

What the Obama people are saying about Super Tuesday:

We fully expect Senator Clinton to earn more delegates on February 5th and also to win more states. If we were to be within 100 delegates on that day and win a number of states, we will have met our threshold for success and will be best positioned to win the nomination in the coming months.

A performance that exceeds those benchmarks, while unlikely, would put is in a surprisingly strong position heading into the rest of the February contests.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/020...pectations.html

What the Obama people are saying about Super Tuesday:

We fully expect Senator Clinton to earn more delegates on February 5th and also to win more states. If we were to be within 100 delegates on that day and win a number of states, we will have met our threshold for success and will be best positioned to win the nomination in the coming months.

A performance that exceeds those benchmarks, while unlikely, would put is in a surprisingly strong position heading into the rest of the February contests.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/020...pectations.html

We shall see. Seems to be preparing for the loss...

You are in Clinton country!

Clinton, McCain lead in N.J.

Home News Tribune Online 02/3/08

With only two days to go before Tuesday's presidential primary, Hillary Rodham Clinton leads Barack Obama by 14 points among likely Democratic voters, while John McCain now holds a commanding 32-point lead over his nearest rival, Mitt Romney, according to a Monmouth University/Gannett New Jersey poll.

http://www.thnt.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?.../802030578/1001

-----

Clinton, McCain rise in poll ranks

2/3/2008

Hillary Rodham Clinton improved her position among Oklahoma's Democratic voters during the past month, while the Republican side of the presidential primary race remained volatile, the latest Oklahoma Poll indicates.

The survey of 757 likely Oklahoma voters, conducted Jan. 27-30 by SoonerPoll.com for the Tulsa World and KOTV, channel 6, also found that the economy is now the foremost issue among Oklahoma voters as they head to the polls.

Among Democrats, the percentage planning to vote for Clinton increased from 34 to 41 percent. Former North Carolina U.S. Sen. John Edwards, who suspended his campaign on the last day of polling, remained steady in the mid-20s, while U.S. Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois improved slightly, to 17 percent from just under 15. Sixteen percent statewide still were undecided.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.asp...1_A1_BIELW85083

Yeah I know NJ is Clinton country. But that's ok, it's proportional so Obama will still get some delegates. If Dems did it the way the Repubs do it (winner takes all), Hillary would have it locked up tomorrow.

News on Obama

Category: News and Politics

posted by Mark Penn, Chief Strategist

Just yesterday I noted that people had very limited information on Sen. Barack Obama as we go into millions of people voting on the two candidates.

And then in the last two days we see three stories that illustrate the point very clearly about what Sen. Obama says about his views and record and what journalists find when they dig into the facts:

1) The New York Times on its front page explains how Sen. Barack Obama told voters he stood up to the nuclear power industry and how he passed a bill to require reports of any radioactive leaks after hearing from his constituents. But The Times discovers, after a lengthy examination, that the bill was watered down after meeting with Exelon, the company whose plants created the issue and whose key executives are big contributors and bundlers to his campaign. Answering written questions for the NY Times, the campaign, in the words of the paper, never "directly" explains why Sen. Obama would tell voters he passed a bill that in fact was not passed and did not become law.

2) The Chicago Tribune features a similar story on a different topic. While Sen. Obama on the stump tells people about the plight of Maytag workers who lost their jobs, ("Obama's fundraising collides with his rhetoric") the Tribune documents that the union covering those workers believes they got no help from the Senator, who was again taking significant contributions and bundling from one of the company's directors and biggest investors.

3) And yesterday there was an AP story where Senator Obama told the voters of Idaho: ''And then there are people who say, 'Well, he doesn't believe in the Second Amendment,' even though I come from a state -- we've got a lot of hunters in downstate Illinois. And I have no intention of taking away folks' guns.'' But he didn't disclose to those voters, as the AP said that "he does support gun control and has a record of voting for it in the Illinois Senate. He backed limiting handgun purchases to one a month, but he made no attempts to ban them." When he originally ran for the state legislature 12 years ago, he filled out a questionnaire saying he ''supported banning the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.'' He gave the voters of Idaho no indication whatsoever of either his record in the State Senate or his prior views on the questionnaire.

myspace.com/hillaryclinton

Yeah I know NJ is Clinton country. But that's ok, it's proportional so Obama will still get some delegates. If Dems did it the way the Repubs do it (winner takes all), Hillary would have it locked up tomorrow.

Polls are good indicator. But I don't trust them.

NVC Process of I-130: