Ricca711

Extending the Petition

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could point me to a thread that would detail how to get the I-129F Petition extended. Our approval notice will expire on March 1, 2008, and the interview is not scheduled until May 12, 2008. I was reading to send and email and I sent one to the Embassy last night. However, they responded with this:

Thank you for your email dated February 3, 2008.

Extending the Petition

The I-129F petition is valid for four months from the date of approval from USCIS. Consular officers can extend the validity of the petition (revalidate the petition) if it expires before the processing of the visa application is completed.

Details on all types of visas, visa forms, requirements and fees can be accessed via the U.S. Department of State website, visas section at http://travel.state.gov/visa.

Sorry if I am not getting it right away....I am probably just getting a little weary at this moment in the process.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Erika

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

From what I understand, they usually extend it automatically. If you sent an email asking them to extend it, then I think you're covered. They won't extend it until it's at the expiration date, Ghana probably doesn't understand people doing things ahead of time. :o

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Erika.

That is the same response I got when I sent in a reequest to extend my petition and I sent my e-mail 2 weeks before it was supposed to expire. Ghana knows that they have stupidly long wait times so I would think that they would automatically extend the petition. I just sent the e-mail so that they knew that I was on top of things....and to make myself feel better.

You should be good :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks Zain and Zee,

I thought I was being ignored in the email. I just do not want us to finally get to the interview point and get denied because of something I forgot to do. I will send another one right before our interview just to make sure. :blush:

Thanks again,

Erika

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Virtually all slower consulates are aware of the 4 month validity of K-1 NOA2 letter and extend them automatically.

China for example NEVER interviews with the 4 months of NOA2 and extends them all.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You don't have to extend the petition. My husbands interview was in July and the petition was approved in January. I never had it extended, I heard the embassy automatically does that for you. After all it is the embassy's fault why it has been over 4 months, as they schedule the interviews so far out, right? ;)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

scroll down to where it says extending the I-129-F petition, if needed.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.