sweetmiri

right to deny because of age

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I have read before that there is more scrutiny if the USC woman is older and the beneficary man is younger in Morocco and surrounding countries. I am not sure why unless there is a high level of fraud. In the philippines it is normal for there to be age gaps and theres not much scrutiny there over that. I happen to be 23 years older than my fiancee and it wont be a concern at our interview. I have no experience with the Moroccan embassy, and i wish you good luck. I think as long as your relationship is real it will prevail.

You might want to check on the mena board for that specific consulate.

Chris

Yes, "man older" is a cultural norm in many parts of the world. Women older couples are more common now than they used to be but are still a small minority in most cultures, and an extremely small minority in some. So, in the middle east, such a "woman significantly older" relationship is going to get extra scrutiny of bona fides. The extra scrutiny would be similar in China or India and perhaps nearly all of Asia as well.

Hmmm....I wonder if we're in trouble, my lady has me by 21 months in age. ;-)

Would that be unusual amongst two Japanese citizens - for the man to be younger?

If not - then you're probably fine.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure it's a small minority everywhere pretty much. It's surprising though when I mention it to friends how many of them know a couple where the woman is at least 10 years older.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

• 11 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I have read before that there is more scrutiny if the USC woman is older and the beneficary man is younger in Morocco and surrounding countries. I am not sure why unless there is a high level of fraud. In the philippines it is normal for there to be age gaps and theres not much scrutiny there over that. I happen to be 23 years older than my fiancee and it wont be a concern at our interview. I have no experience with the Moroccan embassy, and i wish you good luck. I think as long as your relationship is real it will prevail.

Chris

Yes, "man older" is a cultural norm in many parts of the world. Women older couples are more common now than they used to be but are still a small minority in most cultures, and an extremely small minority in some. So, in the middle east, such a "woman significantly older" relationship is going to get extra scrutiny of bona fides. The extra scrutiny would be similar in China or India and perhaps nearly all of Asia as well.

WHAT IS ACTUALLY EXTRA SCRUTINY OF BONAFIDES WHEN A WOMAN IS ELDER THAN A MAN. I AM FROM INDIA AND MY WIFE IS 25 YRS ELDER THAN ME. NOW THIS IS NOT A RIGHT FORUM TO POST I KNOW , AS MINE WILL BE AOS IN USA AND NO CONSULAR PROCESSING. CAN SOMEONE LET US KNOW WHAT IS EXTRA SCRUTINY ??? THANKS

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i mean i am at usa for last 1 yr and doing applied for aos here.

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
:help:

Hello..my fiances interview is coming up soon, we have a significant age gap between us, I am worried he will be denied for that reason...Has anyone experienced this before???was it the deciding factor of approval or denial...can I expect the officer to give him a hard time...I have an ocean of butterflies stirring...we love each other why should age matter?

I have never heard of age making a difference.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
It wasn't that long ago that a marriage between a caucasian and a Chinese woman would have been hard to swallow where many of us live. Things change often because many don't like the status quo, but there's no reason to deny facts we don't like to be reminded of.

Perhaps the acceptance of international relationships that start on the internet will soon escape the "mail order bride" sneers.

MOB get sneered at because fraud is so high in MOB, and the sword cuts both ways. Lots of older guys buy hotties for fun, and lots of hotties just want a green card. This pattern is seen commonly with gender reversals in USC/MENA relationships.

Truth is, people should look for gain of some kind in marriage, but immigration benefits are not a respectable predominant factor. Sure, my wife is 18 years younger than I am, but I didn't order her off the net. We met one day and in a street market while I was working in central China. She spoke english (rare in Luoyang), so i got her number and invited her to dinner just for conversation, like I had several other people. The rest is history. We both gained more in love and compassion than in any other sense. Her immigration involved familial sacrifice on her part, and mine as well. Her carreer faltered, and my pocket took a hit. Things are better now. We married because we knew and admired one another deeply. The other advantages are just the icing on the cake.

Too many people don't know what kind of cake is hidden under the icing.

Chris

WHAT IS ACTUALLY EXTRA SCRUTINY OF BONAFIDES WHEN A WOMAN IS ELDER THAN A MAN. I AM FROM INDIA AND MY WIFE IS 25 YRS ELDER THAN ME. NOW THIS IS NOT A RIGHT FORUM TO POST I KNOW , AS MINE WILL BE AOS IN USA AND NO CONSULAR PROCESSING. CAN SOMEONE LET US KNOW WHAT IS EXTRA SCRUTINY ??? THANKS

I'd prolly get banned for saying what i'm thinking...

You already know the answer to your question.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Chris

Please stop with the capital letters. Extra scrutiny means exactly that, extra scrutiny. You'll need to convince an adjudicator your relationship is real, that it's based on far more than obtaining an immigration benefit for the foreigner. If you want to be as prepared as possible, Google "Stokes Interview".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Who is the older one, the man or the woman? I have seen some embassies really reviewing the case closely if the petitioner is a woman and signficiantly older than the beneficiary.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
what about being too young? I'm 19 hes 23 :o i'll be 20 in may though

thats not an age gap at all..10 or more years would be considered one:) you will be fine:):) I have a 21 year age difference and others here the same. They have been approved:)

1000718m.th.jpg

07/15/08[/font] Sent off I 129F

07/17/08 Arrived and picked up by CSC

07/25/08 NOA-1 FINALLY!!!!

07/31/08 CHECK WAS CASHED!

07/28/08 touched!!

12/08/08 NOA2 FINALLY!

12/13/08 NOA2 received in the mail

12/18/08 Called NVC at (603)334-0700 and talked to a nice lady named Rose. Our case was received on the13th and was sent out to sydney...WE WILL SEE!

12/13/08 NVC received letter and said they sent out to Sydney

12/18/08 received letter in the mail from NVC.

12/19/08 another letter from NVC stating it was shipped out

12/24/08 ARRIVED IN SYDNEY at 10:26 am and signed by tom

12/29/08 CONFIRMED it is at Sydney and Good ol Tom did sign for it LOL THANKS TOM!!

12/29/08 Sydney waiting for paper file from nvc and has it requested

12/31/08 Sydney confirmed through email that the paper file was received

01/05/09 His police checks are done and sent off!!

01/28/09 Kai went to his medicals forgot one of his passport pics and needs two more shots all was good!

2/18/09 medicals ready to be picked

2/20/09 packet 3 sent in

2/26/09 pkt 3 received today takes UP to 10 days

04/07/09 interview....APPROVED!!!!

04/20/09 He flew in ..flight was changed he was 3 hours late BUT HE IS HOME

port of entry took 2 mins!! LOL

04/25/09 WE ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.