w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Hillary: Those who want to deport illegals are "living in some other universe"

431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
McCain supported an amnesty, so his position is really not that different from Hillary.

which is why i'm disgusted with him too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
McCain supported an amnesty, so his position is really not that different from Hillary.

This is the main thing I don't like about him. He claims to have learned his lesson on that one, but I think that means he's just going to give up on amnesty for a while and build the fence first. But, like I said above, no plan that gives special advantages to those people who broke the law will ever fly, so he'll just be pissin' in the wind if he tries that approach again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Does anybody really believe those who are here illegally will ever pay these "fines" that Hillary speaks of ? What a crock of poop if they try and pass this off as immigration reform, it is amnesty plain and simple. Every single one of these people who entered the US illegally had the chance to apply for a visa but instead chose to cross illegally.

Sofargone

Hmmm.... from what you have just posted it is clear that you have no idea of what really happens outside of your bubble. If these people had an opportunity to come here legally don't you think they would? Most of them are people who are decent and hard workers who want nothing else but to survive. Get your facts straight... The immigration system is broken and it only appeals to those who don't have a necessity to come here. As a matter of fact alot of those people who the system favors are those corrupt politics who are running away from the law in their countries.

So therefore don't speak without knowing exactly what happens. Just another piece of information for you.... alot of these illigal immigrants do pay their taxes and never see a penny back from tax returns. I don't see any statistical information on this being shown... reason for this is that most people opposed to "illigal immigration" really are opposed to immigration as a whole... Yet i'm not surprise since that has been the history of the USA. New flow of immigrants come in and are discriminated against. Don't forget the great immigration of the Italians and the Irish and the Chinese. Have you ever been down to Little Italy? do you know why it exist? Because the nature of humans is to congregate with their own kind. This does not mean immigrants don't want to assimilate but it simply points to human nature. Anyways i think i have said enough. Have a great day!

Filed: Timeline

So we all agree, then, that both Hillary and McCain (and Obama) would legalize the overwhelming majority of illegals?

Does this mean the "we hate brown people" anti-illegal posse is all bark and no bite?

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
A special path to legal status for illegal entrants that gives them an advantage over those who follow the law will never fly with the majority of American people. The border needs to be secured and the work VISA program needs to be expanded, then they can apply for a work or family-based VISA and wait in line like everyone else. There's no need for mass deportations. Those with criminal records will not be able to get legal status and their numbers will dwindle through deportation and attrition.

Where did she say over legals? She didn't. :no:

I haven't seen the exact wording of her plan (if there is any), but "But for the vast majority of people who are here, we will give you a path to legalization..." implies that doesn't it. Otherwise why would she phrase it that way?

Timeline

which is why i'm disgusted with him too.

I agree with you Charles. Hopefully he'll wake up and see the problem with this approach. It's fundamentally flawed.

Those with criminal records will not be able to get legal status and their numbers will dwindle through deportation and attrition.

That sounds a lot like the la-la land that Shrillery was referring to. If you think that the 12-14 million are going to dwindle, then reality isn't setting in. In my opinion, its very jingoistic to say they are cutting in-line and not waiting their turn, but come on, 12-14 MILLION. You simply cannot get that many people to leave. Securing the border is a good step toward trying to make sure that the 12-14 figure doesn't increase. But the fact remains the government simply doesn't have the resources to deport those who are already here.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
So we all agree, then, that both Hillary and McCain (and Obama) would legalize the overwhelming majority of illegals?

Does this mean the "we hate brown people" anti-illegal posse is all bark and no bite?

Troll, you have such a way with words ... :diablo:

Edited by garya505

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Those with criminal records will not be able to get legal status and their numbers will dwindle through deportation and attrition.

That sounds a lot like the la-la land that Shrillery was referring to. If you think that the 12-14 million are going to dwindle, then reality isn't setting in. In my opinion, its very jingoistic to say they are cutting in-line and not waiting their turn, but come on, 12-14 MILLION. You simply cannot get that many people to leave. Securing the border is a good step toward trying to make sure that the 12-14 figure doesn't increase. But the fact remains the government simply doesn't have the resources to deport those who are already here.

I completely agree with you.... We should secure the border, fix the immigration system that is broken right now, and deal with this large amount of people in a realistic way. If people are worried that these people are drags on society, well the minute they are given a chance to become legal they will no longer be a drag since they will all be paying their taxes and therefore carrying their own weight.

How much does it cost to deport 12-14 million people? I've heard $90 billion (from schwarzenegger). This may be more than their current estimated "cost" to the taxpayer and economy. Are people willing to pay higher taxes to support such an undertaking?

90day.jpg

I wasn't aware the anti-illegal crew on VJ had a candidate running? :unsure:

The crew exists all over the nation - some of you just represent it on VJ ;)

So how does it feel, knowing you'll have to live with all these people you hate so much, for the rest of your life?

After all, the good people of this nation, those who do not spend their days writhing in hatred, appear to be voting for two pro-legalization candidates from each party :thumbs:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

But then what people always forget, is half of them, never came through the border illegally.

Deporting 12-14 million people is unrealistic. Can we even do that, without seriously impeding privacy for all people in the US?

Restricting ability to work and live, wont send many of them home. Even the underground economy in the US can be better than what they have to go home too. Since they wont turn to the police, there are many who would take advantage of a work force, that they could effectively employ for almost free.

keTiiDCjGVo

no check all the laws taking effect in states across the country. local gov't has control over social services & DL requirements. and as far as the "we hate brown people" sh!t. have noticed most of us who you say "hate brown people" have a "brown" SO. so is it your hatred of "white" people blinding you from this fact, or are just fcukin retarded?

oh i forgot the ducks.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

I wasn't aware the anti-illegal crew on VJ had a candidate running? :unsure:

The crew exists all over the nation - some of you just represent it on VJ ;)

So how does it feel, knowing you'll have to live with all these people you hate so much, for the rest of your life?

After all, the good people of this nation, those who do not spend their days writhing in hatred, appear to be voting for two pro-legalization candidates from each party :thumbs:

Nice TOS violation.

I never said I hated brown people, nor did anyone else in recent memory (kaydee excluded).

Grow up.

no check all the laws taking effect in states across the country. local gov't has control over social services & DL requirements. and as far as the "we hate brown people" sh!t. have noticed most of us who you say "hate brown people" have a "brown" SO. so is it your hatred of "white" people blinding you from this fact, or are just fcukin retarded?

Blinded by ignorance.....

Edited by devilette