w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Hillary: Those who want to deport illegals are "living in some other universe"

431 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In last nights Democratic debate:

I hear the voices from the other side of the aisle. I hear voices on TV and radio. And they are living in some other universe, talking about deporting people, rounding them up.

I don't agree with that, and I don't think it's practical. And therefore, what we've got to do is to say, come out of the shadows. We will register everyone. We will check, because if you have committed a crime in this country or the country you came from, then you will not be able to stay, you will have to be deported.

But for the vast majority of people who are here, we will give you a path to legalization...

http://www.sacbee.com/racefor08/v-print/story/679186.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear the voices from the other side of the aisle. I hear voices on TV and radio. And they are living in some other universe, talking about deporting people, rounding them up.

I don't agree with that, and I don't think it's practical. And therefore, what we've got to do is to say, come out of the shadows. We will register everyone. We will check, because if you have committed a crime in this country or the country you came from, then you will not be able to stay, you will have to be deported.

But for the vast majority of people who are here, we will give you a path to legalization...

Both want to legalize illegals.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

...because I just didn't hate her enough already.....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Nice try at a non-context soundbite...

But for the vast majority of people who are here, we will give you a path to legalization if you meet the following condition: pay a fine because you entered illegally, be willing to pay back taxes over time,

try to learn English -- and we have to help you do that, because we've cut back on so many of those services -- and then you wait in line. That not only is, I think, the best way to approach the problem of our 12 million to 14 million who are here, but that also says to Kim, Kim, this is the best answer, as well, because once we have those conditions met, and people agree, then, they will not be in a labor market that undercuts anybody else's wages.

But for the vast majority of people who are here, we will give you a path to legalization if you meet the following condition: pay a fine because you entered illegally, be willing to pay back taxes over time,

try to learn English -- and we have to help you do that, because we've cut back on so many of those services -- and then you wait in line. That not only is, I think, the best way to approach the problem of our 12 million to 14 million who are here, but that also says to Kim, Kim, this is the best answer, as well, because once we have those conditions met, and people agree, then, they will not be in a labor market that undercuts anybody else's wages.

Your 'context' doesn't refute the fact that she wants "the vast majority" to get a path to legalization :)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Both want to legalize illegals.

which is exactly why they won't get my vote.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Does anybody really believe those who are here illegally will ever pay these "fines" that Hillary speaks of ? What a crock of poop if they try and pass this off as immigration reform, it is amnesty plain and simple. Every single one of these people who entered the US illegally had the chance to apply for a visa but instead chose to cross illegally.

Sofargone

10/20/04 I-129F Mailed to CSC

01/07/05 NOA2 Approval

05/24/05 K-1 Issued

7/07/05 AOS Mailed

8/18/05 Biometrics

10/05/05 EAD Approval

02/27/06 AOS Interview in Phoenix

02/27/06 AOS Approval after Interview.

01/15/08 I-751 Mailed to CSC

01/22/08 I-751 NOA Receipt

01/28/08 Biometrics Appt Letter

02/12/08 Biometrics Appt.

03/12/08 2nd Biometrics Appt (fingerprints no good on previous one)

03/27/08 10 yr Greencard Ordered Email Notice

Your 'context' doesn't refute the fact that she wants "the vast majority" to get a path to legalization :)

No, but it shows it is not as simple as your snippet. She said also she believes in comprehensive immigration reform, as does O. But why post any good news?

I'm not giving up my Dem vote because that has one flaw in their entire campaign. Republican days are over. Thank god.

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A special path to legal status for illegal entrants that gives them an advantage over those who follow the law will never fly with the majority of American people. The border needs to be secured and the work VISA program needs to be expanded, then they can apply for a work or family-based VISA and wait in line like everyone else. There's no need for mass deportations. Those with criminal records will not be able to get legal status and their numbers will dwindle through deportation and attrition.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

hmmmm....and what's McCain's record on illegal immigrants... :whistle:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

A special path to legal status for illegal entrants that gives them an advantage over those who follow the law will never fly with the majority of American people. The border needs to be secured and the work VISA program needs to be expanded, then they can apply for a work or family-based VISA and wait in line like everyone else. There's no need for mass deportations. Those with criminal records will not be able to get legal status and their numbers will dwindle through deportation and attrition.

Where did she say over legals? She didn't. :no:

Edited by devilette

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
McCain supported an amnesty, so his position is really not that different from Hillary.

ooop...you beat me to it... LOL

how DO such stong anti-illegals yet strong supporters of McCain deal with that?

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony