41 posts in this topic

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey, this isn't an illegal immigration thread. :angry:

I crack up when I see that silly movie The Day After Tomorrow... with GW gone wacko and Americans illegally crossing into Mexico...

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I crack up when I see that silly movie The Day After Tomorrow... with GW gone wacko and Americans illegally crossing into Mexico...

Yeah that movie was silly and OTT - but what can you expect from the yee-haw crowd who brought you "Independence Day".

They're back this year with a silly summer blockbuster about mammoth-hunters - apparently people running about in fur pants is back in style again... with the obligatory CGI monsters and pitched battles that always seem to devolve into a free-for-all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It truly is a travesty when we turn actual problems that we've caused and allowed to proceed into Hollywood blockbusters. It contributes, unfortunately, in the creation of a generation of potentials into a duck pond.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

The earth has always changed and always will.

What they're saying is that this new epoch marks the point where the Earth is showing numerous environmental and geological changes resulting from human activities.

I don't buy it.

Why?

Because the same environmentalists said we were threatened by global cooling because global temperature dropped from 1940 to 1975. Of course CO2 levels were rising at that time. What was one of there solutions then? Placing black soot on the ice caps to stop global cooling. Sounds crazy. Wouldn't you say?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah that movie was silly and OTT - but what can you expect from the yee-haw crowd who brought you "Independence Day".

They're back this year with a silly summer blockbuster about mammoth-hunters - apparently people running about in fur pants is back in style again... with the obligatory CGI monsters and pitched battles that always seem to devolve into a free-for-all.

I LOVED The Day After Tomorrow. :(

Timeline

What they're saying is that this new epoch marks the point where the Earth is showing numerous environmental and geological changes resulting from human activities.

I don't buy it.

Why?

Because the same environmentalists said we were threatened by global cooling because global temperature dropped from 1940 to 1975. Of course CO2 levels were rising at that time. What was one of there solutions then? Placing black soot on the ice caps to stop global cooling. Sounds crazy. Wouldn't you say?

The same environmentalists? The exact same people....?? :blink:

These all seem to be people with professional careers in the scientists - that's not really the same as some sort of weekend action group.

I don't buy it.

Why?

These all seem to be people with professional careers in the scientists - that's not really the same as some sort of weekend action group.

Its very funny how you buy in to the biggest load of shite ever sold. Six, I got the cure! You wanna buy it? I swear I can make the Ice quit melting. It's so funny to watch libs. and their distasters. They need them to survive! Where would you tools be without somekind of drama.Snow in Iraq? China gettin all kinds of snow?I- 90 closed in washington state? Yeah were burnin -up! Turn off the heat ,save the fkin planet. bunch a guilt mongerers!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Texas alone is big enough for everyone in the U.S. No need to cross into Mexico.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I don't buy it.

Why?

Dear Literal Larry,

Exactly the same. In fact due to global cooling they have been in suspended animation since and recently reanimated due to global warming. ;)

Sincerely,

Al Gore

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

I don't buy it.

Why?

Its very funny how you buy in to the biggest load of shite ever sold. Six, I got the cure! You wanna buy it? I swear I can make the Ice quit melting. It's so funny to watch libs. and their distasters. They need them to survive! Where would you tools be without somekind of drama.Snow in Iraq? China gettin all kinds of snow?I- 90 closed in washington state? Yeah were burnin -up! Turn off the heat ,save the fkin planet. bunch a guilt mongerers!

I think you missed the point of the article (or rather, didn't actually read it) - its not strictly about global warming, it factors into what these people are saying but its not the be all and end all of their argument. Its about this current period of the earth showing changes across the board resulting from human activity. Even if you disregard the global warming stuff - geological changes resulting from human activity have been observable for some time. There are land areas where the soil has been exhausted by intensive farming and together with deforestation causes both soil erosion and desertification.

If you consider that half of the earths land has been transformed in some way or other - by human activity, how is this not going to impact the environment?

There are also beaches which are eroding at an alarming rate (several meters per year) because of interruption in the sediment flow with the tides - human attempts to stabilise beaches in one area lead naturally to the degradation of others further down the coast (the clue, BTW is in this picture)

4LR-Church-cliffs-groyne.jpg

If you like I can explain to you exactly why they have all those coastal engineering works and what each of them actually do.

But perhaps you can explain why all this is bullshit.... Though probably not without the aid of a tonne of rhetorical nonsense...

Edited by Number 6

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Apparantly you people didn't listen to the Mayans.

After the last Pole Shift 15,000 years ago moved North America and Eurasia from the North Pole south sparking the end of the Ice Age and destroying the advanced civilizations of our ancestors, we were destined to doom already. What will be the temperature on December 21, 2012, eh? Al Gore talks about the world 100 years from now because his job is to distract you and keep you from the truth!!

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!