HLM

just received NOA1 for our i-129F...

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

salam to u all.....

im so depressed and ve been crying my eyes for past hour becoz im soo confused i was happy to recieve our NOA1 for our i-129f then a slap on the face and i have no idea whats going on!!!!!! i read so much on the "cancelling of the 129" from different ppl and everyone seems to say something different becoz to me it sounds like a gamble! i know its better to change to CR-1 but i only wanna do that if they re REALLY cancelling i-129F....my husband will call tomo to see what they say!! but uptill now nothing is clearly saying " NO MORE K-3"!!!!!

what gets on my nerves most is that why is this being posted NOW IN 2OO8if it says starting JULY 2OO7!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! why didnt that show up earlier??? why are they always trying to make fools out of us??!?!?!?! i only wanna be with my man and k-3 is hella shorter than CR-1 no matter what everyone says!! *sighs* im sorry im just really upset and i ve been trying to keep it together for a long time!!! but i ve had it!!

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

soo they have done away with k-3? Im sorry :crying: stay strong you will make it through. the alternative does have benifits. Like being able to work. and with Cairo they can end up taking the same time. but i'm no expert on this

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If they did away with the K3...why does the form have instructions on how to still use it for k3 and the form is good till 2010?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

I seriously think they'd have updated the form after all this time if they discontinued it last summer. I'd call USCIS for confirmation of that fact before you get upset....Im not sure this is a valid rumor...I've been on this site since June and I would have remembered someone posting that in the past if it was the case.... hang in there till you have a chance to call and confirm...

Timeline

well it started with nita&assaads post then theres a couple of threads over this topic in the k-3 general discussion thingy!!... yes i agree my husband will call tomo and we ll see whats going on.... and i agree with u also on the fact that if it was true it shud ve been more officially documented somewhere and no one wd really miss it!!!!!

ill post what we get on the fone tomo insha Allah....

love n peace

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

:blink:

what does that mean for those of us who are in the final stages of k-3???? omg I think my heart is in my throat right now. :crying:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Ok I went into the K-3 section and read some of the posts. Seems there is a LOT Of confusion going on. What I know is this:

before I filed in Jan '07, you would file the I130, get the noa1 and then file the I129. You would wait to see which noa2 came first and go with that visa type.

that is no longer an option.

now:

you file the I130, get the noa1 and file the I129. The I130 stays at the service center you filed with and the I129 goes off to nvc and on to the consular and you get your visa. IF you wanted to pursue the I130 you have to file an additional form (i forget the number of it) and pay an additional fee (can you say ca-ching? :wacko: ) so that they can slap a stamp on it and forward it on to nvc for processing.

I think that is what the operators are trying to convey to the people and it's getting lost in the translation.

Personally...I"d go for the I130. I know you want him here now but let's face it...it's going to be a while unless you have a situation similar to the ones who only had less than a week or two of ap. Why not after all that time have everything done so you can enjoy each other and he can get his license and start working after he's acclimated? I see soooo many mena men (especially egyptians) having issues with not being able to work right away and problems ensuing due to this delay.

That and another point........look at m&n's case. She filed the K-3 for her husband...waited forever in AP like the rest of us, got fed up and spent the $$ to push the I130 through to nvc and guess what...he got the visa in a week and his k-3 IS STILL IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING EVEN THOUGH HE'S HERE IN THE US!!! How idiotic is that? Will someone make sense of that for me? Don't get me wrong, all the power to them and alhumdulilah that they're together but how effin' sick is it that Cairo still has the k-3 in admin processing when the dude flew through less than a week of ap on a totally different visa at the same time the k-3 is still pending???

Ok i'm off my soap box now. :) Call your congressman's office and ask them what the scoop is I guess.

Timeline

thank you sooo bridget!!! and now that was english!!:D lol ..... well i totally get u concerning the CR-1 and i know its way better than k-3 but what scares me from CR-1 is that its soo unpredictable time wise... u never know how long.. i mean no one knows any exact time of anything but we know the average of the timelines right???

by the way my husband is the USC and im egyptian.....someone told me becoz im a woman there wdnt really be any AP for me so it might take as much time as the k-3... thats the only thing that really encouraged me!! coz to me im only thinking TIME TIME TIMEE!!!!

i will discuss it with my hubby and see what he thinks and insha Allah i wd make the right decision for me n him..

thank you so much for replying:D

anyone else has something to addd plzzzzzzzzz post them!!!!!

lyrics.jpg

Timeline

in this case yes you being the woman in egypt a K3 would be faster

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

Oh duh, I forgot that you're the Egyptian and that you're a woman!!! Never mind what I said you'll be in like Flynn!!! :thumbs:

uscis is full of moronic ghabi kharas running the place :angry: Im in the NVC with I 130 and I still check on my k3 from USCIS website and it says theyve been looking at it 1/29/2008 - 1/30/2008

If they are thinking to switch me to K3 from I 130 I will let you know. Im at NVC but I dont trust them 1% anymore. They can do anything they like and we just have to accept and wait it out. :angry:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.