almaty

Wal-Mart announced Tuesday that it will chop prices between 10 to 30 percent this week on groceries, electronics and other home-related products

180 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I find a lot of people who shop there loyally seem to live under the illusion that they are supporting a nobler cause by shopping at Target. They aren't. I don't notice any particular substantial difference between Target and Wal-Mart beyond that Target is more expensive, probably as part of a marketing ploy to make it seem better than it is.

I don't shop at Target for the nobility of it. I shop at Target because it's quicker (shorter lines) and cleaner. It's an all-round more pleasant shopping experience.

I used to shop at Wal Mart all the time. My local WM has recently gone downhill (way downhill) and 2 new Target stores have opened within a 5 minute drive. An easy decision.

lol....i suggest a nice vacation..for you and your lovely wife..to tennessee...western georgia...mississippi...and alabama.......good learning experience....

brother charles told me deliverance wasn't a movie but a reality show. now i am skeered.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it could merely be a tactical move to boost sales in the final week of WalMarts financial year - I hope it works I want a quarterly bonus lol

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I have no Target, Walmart, Meijer, Big Lots, discount ANYTHING near me... :crying::crying::crying:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I was not talking about you though, just I have known some people who act like they are somehow morally superior because they chose to go to Target than Wal-Mart. Around here, there is nothing about Target to justify the higher prices, so I don't go there. Meijer is a good compromise between the two I find, but Meijer is a regional chain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
lol....i suggest a nice vacation..for you and your lovely wife..to tennessee...western georgia...mississippi...and alabama.......good learning experience....

brother charles told me deliverance wasn't a movie but a reality show. now i am skeered.

based in missouri :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I was not talking about you though, just I have known some people who act like they are somehow morally superior because they chose to go to Target than Wal-Mart. Around here, there is nothing about Target to justify the higher prices, so I don't go there. Meijer is a good compromise between the two I find, but Meijer is a regional chain.

I know you weren't directing your comments specifically at me. I was just sayin.

we have all three chains around here, but walmart is beyond cheaper than target or meijer. meijer is one of the highest prices stores around here, barely anyone goes there anymore. and targets are usually few and far between. so in my city walmart is pretty much the place to go! wish we had better options!

My Timeline

USCIS

11/23/2007 - Married in Venezuela

02/07/08 - I-130 Sent

02/09/08 - recieved in Chicago at 10:09pm by R Mercedo

02/21/08 - I-130 NOA1

02/25/08 - Case Entered Online

06/13/08 - Case Approved

NVC

Case Recieved at NVC - 6/24/08

Case Number assigned - 6/24/08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill - 6/30/08

Paid AOS - 07/03/08

AOS Bill Accepted - 07/04/08

Sent DS-3032 (usps) - 07/12/08

Sent I-864 - 7/12/08

NVC Recieved AOS & DS3032 - 07/14/08

IV Bill Paid - 07/17/08

DS-230 Sent - 07/26/08

DS-230 Entered Into System - 07/29/08

Case Complete - 08/06/2008

VISA APPROVED- 09/04/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Everyone's going on sale now... maybe the "stimulus" coming as soon as next week for some plus these sales will mean...

the same thing that's been going on lately in the economy.

I also prefer *T-A-R-gey*

Check out IKEA for furnishings... went last weekend and prices were starting to nosedive.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Other Timeline
I think I'll stick to Target.

you snotty uppity chopf##k... this week-end go to Aldi's. Big Lots. and Wal-Mart..meet interesting people :whistle:

Awwwwwwww!

I LOVE Aldi's and Big Lots!!!

I have no Target, Walmart, Meijer, Big Lots, discount ANYTHING near me... :crying::crying::crying:

Where the heck are you? BFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in the south and I'm less backwards than most northerners I've met. Geographical stereotyping is the work of fools.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

The only thing Wal Mart is missing are the drive by shootings in the parking lot.

But there is one crazy beautiful lady there. :wacko: Beautiful but craaaazyyyyyy!!! :blink:

I still wanna do my shopping there, here I come Walmart! :dance::dance:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

The only thing Wal Mart is missing are the drive by shootings in the parking lot.

But there is one crazy beautiful lady there. :wacko: Beautiful but craaaazyyyyyy!!! :blink:

??

??

She is talking about the racist woman that verbally assaulted her at Walmart a while back.