Dr. A ♥ O

African Cup

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Whose watching? Whose following? Whose cheering for what teams? What are the colors for your team? Who is your favorite player? What are your SO's saying about it? What are your personal stories?

Last year this time I remember walking past the cafes and hearing the cheering for Egypt's Mohamed Aboutreika.

MohamedAboutreika.jpg
Mohamed Aboutreika

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband is all about the African Cup. He's bumming today though cuz for some reason none of the arabic channels we have on the dish work and the service workers can't come out to fix the problem till Thursday. He was bummed because today is his day off and he was wanting to watch the game.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Woo hoo!!! Go Ghana...sorry Jenn.

My finace went to the games yesterday. Needless to say with all the chaos going on, the phone lines are almost impossible to get through :wacko:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My finace went to the games yesterday. Needless to say with all the chaos going on, the phone lines are almost impossible to get through :wacko:

Oh man, I see you're a Kansas fan too. :bonk:

:P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i don't see it on fox soccer or on art so i think i need to make alternative tv plans for next year....

olivia is that the Ali team or the other team from EGypt?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

Jayhawks all the way!!!!

For the record, I think we hate UNC more than Duke :P

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yoooo hooooooo

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

either you are, or you're a loser :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'm with Charles on this one :P

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm with Charles on this one :P

I won't take you through tournie stats then.... :whistle:

Anyway, African Cup....go Ghana! :P

Timeline

Last I read Pharos!

Oh I found this on YouTube! Unsure how to link a feature.

i don't see it on fox soccer or on art so i think i need to make alternative tv plans for next year....

olivia is that the Ali team or the other team from EGypt?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

CAN 2008: Cameroon Join Group Winners Egypt In Quarters

Cameroon 3 - 0 Sudan

Egypt 1 - 1 Zambia

Egypt did enough to end their group stage adventure with a draw against brave Zambia, while Cameroon eased past Sudan to join the Pharoahs in the quarter finals...

Despite an inspiring fightback against worthy group winners Egypt, Zambia leave the tournament at the first hurdle after a useless 1-1 draw. Meanwhile, Cameroon's convincing victory over whipping boys Sudan means that the Indomitable Lions will face the winners of Group D after going through in second place...

Check out the standings and match facts here!

Cameroon 3 - 0 Sudan

Cameroon needed a win to be absolutely sure of qualification, and they duly got it, even though the first goal was a while in coming.

In truth, Sudan were second best from start to finish, and thus the Indomitable Lions must have felt it was only a matter of time before they sealed the win.

It seemed to be on the way early on as a blocked shot fell to Samuel Eto'o, who himself had an effort parried by the 'keeper before inexplicably hitting the rebound over the bar.

Sudan knew that they were in for a long afternoon and duly sat back, but as the likes of Bikey and Job roving near the box, it was only a matter of time before the Indomitable Lions took the lead, despite the relative lack of clear cut chances.

This they did just before the half-hour mark, with Samuel Eto'o netting from the penalty spot. The Barcelona forward coolly converted after Alaeldin held Emana in the box. In netting, Eto'o became the all-time leading Cup of Nations goalscorer.

Four minutes later, he was involved in the second. With Bashir under pressure from the onrushing Eto'o to clear Epalle's cross, the defender sliced the ball off Mohamed Ali Khider's back, with the ball rolling past El Moez and into the net.

That was a tough one for Sudan to take, and, perhaps steeled by the injustice, they soon came close through Mostafa, but the captain could only volley wide after a good pass from Agab.

Then, Job should have made it 3-0 with a header, only for El Moez to get down low well to save.

After the break, Sudan threatened again, with Carlos Kameni earning his spot as Cameroon's number one with a brilliant, stretching save after Alaeldin's long-range effort. He was soon called into action again by Agab, but this time found the going easier. At the other end, Tambal volleyed over the bar before Tomou fluffed a header straight at the goalkeeper.

It was becoming increasingly end-to-end, but neither side really looked like having the fluency required to add to the scoreline. Epalle found a volley blocked towards the end, but the Cameroonians, knowing that the job was done, were content to run down the clock.

Still, they did find time for a third after a fine solo run and shot from Samuel Eto'o, who cemented his place as a continental goal hero with five in this edition alone.

Thus his side secured a place in the quarter finals, where they have fallen in the last two editions of the tournament. Sudan, meanwhile, became the only side to leave the tournament having failed to score a single goal.

Egypt 1 - 1 Zambia

Knowing that they were already all but through, Egypt were able to relax to some extent against Zambia, who, despite being full of energy and capable of a late equaliser, didn't have enough to prevent their elimination.

After a slow start, Zambia almost drew first blood. Having wasted set pieces in the opening minutes, they took matters into their own hands, but Chansa couldn't finish off a well-worked move with anything other than a weak effort straight at Al Hadari.

He was made to regret it on the quarter hour mark as the Pharoahs took the lead. Sayed Moawad crossed in to find Amr Zaki unmarked, and the prolific Zamalek man made no mistake with his sweet volley.

Zambia attempted to fight back, but again their dead ball delivery let them down, while some last-ditch defending from a surprisingly nervy-looking Egyptian side kept the Chipolopolo's free-flowing attacking at bay.

At the other end, though, Egypt were finding the going easier, with Zaki wasting a golden chance to fire home a second by hitting a twelve-yarder straight at the 'keeper. Ahmed Fathi then was inches away from making it 2-0 on the half-hour mark with a long-range effort, only to see it fly inches wide.

As half time approached the ball became bogged down in midfield, with Egypt tackling with a vengeance, and it seemed to be this steel that drove the Pharoahs forward right at the end of the first period. Zaki set up Moawad on the edge of the box, with the Ismaily man unselfishly teeing up the unmarked Abd Rabou. Mweene, though, pulled off an acrobatic save from the free header, and the half ended 1-0.

The Phaoroahs seemed set to continue their dominance in the second period after Hassan set up Zaki for what should have been a second after six minutes of the half, while Zambia wasted their final balls at the other end.

But as Amir Zaki's finishing became more and more wayward, Zambia began to put some moves together, with Clive Hachilensa coming close with a header fifteen minutes from time. Egypt, meanwhile, were beginning to tire, and perhaps knowing that only a miracle could see them eliminated, began to relax.

This helped to allow Chris Katongo through for a dramatic, but ultimately pointless equaliser. The Brondby ace dummied around Fathi inside the box, then played a splended shot across the 'keeper to seal a point.

Still, out Zambia went, while Egypt remain top of the group after sealing two wins in their previous two matches.

Source

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.