w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Attorney General Edwards?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
There's many in this country that disagree........I've lived through this once before, during Vietnam. It's become a popular movement, and "Cool" to be anti-war....

Might I remind most of you that you were indeed whistling a different tune shortly after 2001.

America has a very short memory....

Kaydee - I'm old enough to remember too. In my opinion it's a very different aversion most Americans have to this war. For one thing, we aren't spitting on our soldiers. And young people aren't in danger of being sent into combat just because their number comes up.

As one old enough to remember, my main problem with this war is my memories of Vietnam. You can't force the political landscape of a nation to change if the change isn't desired from within. Why any one would shed an ounce of American blood - again - on such a situation is beyond reason to me.

You're the very reason why we employ people schooled in geopolitics.......Perhaps you can't see why because your perspective is simply limited to your experiences (forgive me if I assume that you're an everyday citizen like many of us).....

There are consequences that you and I don't think about when geopolitical problems, and the proposed solutions to those problems arise.

For example, how did you feel waiting in line for gas at the pumps 30 years ago? How about those that lost their jobs as a result of OPEC's actions? Was this situation something that was intolerable to you? Did you at that time demand your government to do something, anything to alleviate the situation?

Perhaps it may grate on many liberals that aspire to lofty empty platitudes of "live and let live" but the reality is that they're the first to cry how terrible things are when they can't drive their gas guzzling SUV's to Johnny's soccer game.....

The simple practical fact is that there's a finite amount of natural resourses on this earth and yes, we, as U.S. citizens need these resources to subside, and protect our way of life.....

Having said that, there are people in our government that observe, and analyze the trends in a volatile geopolitical landscape and act when our interests are at stake.

Perhaps you don't understand the reasons we went to war but I can assure you that you, and I are not privvy to all the information that a U.S. President is privvy to.

We must have stability in that part of the world lest we simply go back to the old wild, wild west....

What kind of horse do you want to drive?

On the bolded bits - "our" interests are not necessarily the same as "theirs". In fact this is the essence of a lot of criticisms against the Iraq war. I don't and never bought the whole "threat to national security" argument. That said, I'm sure someone did and is getting rich from the goings on in Iraq.

There's just no substitute for perspective and experience. If you believe what you say in these threads then you should volunteer your time to the government to help produce change.

Perhaps you could put your high paying career on hiatus and take a low paying job at the State Department whereby your learned opinions would be given the weight they deserve!

Hey, a subordinate government job like that always looks good on your resume; particularly those high powered thinkers as yourself....

Just a suggestion....You seem to be wasting your time espousing your opinions here for FREE, why not get paid for what they're really worth! :devil:

Hmmm... Feel free to continue banging on about this vaunted "experience" you allegedly have - but you're really doing a piss poor job of convincing me you actually have it. There's little worse, IMO, than false advertising - especially that which betrays no small amount of megalomania.

Well, there are people here that know of my "experience" and guys like you are the reason why I don't broadcast it.....

Let's just say that I travel to the Middle East, frequently, and that I'm privy to much more "practical" knowledge that about the worldly “things” than you possess.....and It's not in my best interest to identify who I am.

Given that I want to keep my head attached to my body I'll leave it at that.

Yeah right.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

LOL, so Number 6 is a terrorist now? :jest:

Hmmm... and if he's James Bond, going by the stuff he's said now and in the past - I can see why this country has so many problems ;)

Filed: Timeline

Hmmm... and if he's James Bond, going by the stuff he's said now and in the past - I can see why this country has so many problems ;)

If I had to guess, I'd guess he was just another high-school graduate grunt working on Bechtel contracts in the ME. Nothing wrong with that, of course.

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Bond, james...... :devil:

miss_me_yet.jpg