ailyn

EAD payment

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wanted to file for an EAD. I was informed about how much im gonna pay( US340 ). My question is, if i file for it prior to filing for green card ( which is a thousand dollars + ), will they deduct the amount whatever i pay for EAD or do i still have to pay a thousand dollars when i file for green card?

Pls help me understand. Thanks

March '05 - met George online thru common friend

March '06 - He went to visit me in the PI first time

May '06 - He came back for the family reunion and proposed for marriage

Nov. '06 - came back to prepare for our wedding

Dec 16, '06 - Wedding Day!

took at least 6 or 7 months (as i remember) for the K3 and was approved!

Nov '07 - I arrived in the US

together again with my gwapo, lol

April 9 - mailed in AOS package

April 13 - NOA for EAD and AOS

April 22 - Biometrics Appointment and will be on May 7 in Jamaica

May 7 - Biometrics done!

May 14 - Got an RFE dated may 9 - joint sponsor :-(

June 5 - they received our reply to the RFE

June 10 - EAD card production ordered, YAYYYYY Thank u, God!

June 21 - EAD card received in mail.

...and the waiting continues for the interview date...... will update later

so i got my interview date, and guess when??

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Sept 18 - Welcome Letter received!

Sept 19 - Green Card in hand!

I wanted to file for an EAD. I was informed about how much im gonna pay( US340 ). My question is, if i file for it prior to filing for green card ( which is a thousand dollars + ), will they deduct the amount whatever i pay for EAD or do i still have to pay a thousand dollars when i file for green card?

You can not file EAD alone.. It is a package with the adjustment of status for K1..

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: Timeline

You must be a K3 Visa holder if you are asking about EAD before you file for AOS.... but your timeline is blank... Anyway if you file for EAD before you file for AOS it will be valid for the time remaining on your K3 visa.... yes you have to pay the fee $340 and no it wont be deducted from the cost of AOS.... also remember that if you wait to file for AOS and it is more than 12 month since you had your medical when you do file for AOS you will need to have the full medical done again as it is only valid for 12 months.... and that will cost you extra $$$ too...

Kez

Timeline

You can not file EAD alone.. It is a package with the adjustment of status for K1..

I have a K3 visa and i read somewhere that i can file for EAD prior to green card?? or was i misinformed??

May 7 - Biometrics done!

Sept 10 - yaayyyy and its my hubby's Birthday! Approval would be a GREAT bday gift.

Sept 10 - got APPROVED! Indeed its a GREAT Birthday gift! " Card production Ordered" Yayyy

Filed: Timeline

I have a K3 visa and i read somewhere that i can file for EAD prior to green card?? or was i misinformed??

Yes you can file for the EAD before you file for the Greencard..... the EAD would be based on your K3 and not AOS and would expire on the same date as your K3...

You will still have to pay the full $1010.00 to file AOS and if it is more than 12 months since your medical was done you will need a new medical as well...

Kez

Timeline

Yes you can file for the EAD before you file for the Greencard..... the EAD would be based on your K3 and not AOS and would expire on the same date as your K3...

You will still have to pay the full $1010.00 to file AOS and if it is more than 12 months since your medical was done you will need a new medical as well...

Kez

Thank you so much for the information. God bless!

May 7 - Biometrics done!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

EAD before filing AOS IS $340, and is NOT deductible from the $1010 AOS filing fee.

K-1 SHOULD NOT file for EAD before AOS, it takes 90 days or so to approve EAD, and this EAD is the "Temp EAD" which expires 90 days after entry to the USA, it is based on the I-94 card.

K-3 can file for EAD Before and pay $340, K-3 EAD like K-1 EAD expires the same time as I-94, however K-3 has an I-94 that is valid for up to 2 years, some K-3s want to hold on filing for AOS until just before their 2nd wedding anniversary, this may save the K-3 from getting a Conditional Green-card, and then having to file to remove those conditions 2 years later and pay an additional $540.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.