WHsoulmates

hi there , we r new in here :-)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
even if going for the k3 visa the consulate will most likely ask why she only came to visit one time. Yes marriage is a way to prove your relationship but you still have to have documentation as there are also just as many married couples that get denied or sent back for further review. This doesn't guarantee that the consulate sees your relationship as being more solid than those who are applying for k1--they look for sooo much more than that

She is correct...search the forums for denied K-3, only you can decide what is best for your particular circumstances but being married does not assure anything in this process.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97859

Also processing times slowed dramatically FOR EVERYONE in mid 2007...she did not get processed faster because it was a K-3....it was because of WHEN she petitioned...she got in well before the JULY FEE INCREASE rush....sence then the system has been overloaded and the process is taking long on average.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Take your time, read your guides, meet in person a couple of times etc, dont even think to marry first time u meet that is frowned upon, save all your documents from her trips, etc, phone bills, letters you will need this to file but more of all just take the time to learn each other, the talking becomes quite different when face to face with day to day problems.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Take your time, read your guides, meet in person a couple of times etc, dont even think to marry first time u meet that is frowned upon, save all your documents from her trips, etc, phone bills, letters you will need this to file but more of all just take the time to learn each other, the talking becomes quite different when face to face with day to day problems.

I agree - this is a simple but very accurate answer. Also, I strongly believe that the more trips your future wife makes to see you the more credibility you bring to your case and most important you will be spending time together that is more important then 6 or even 16 hours on-line experiences. Just mine 2 cents on the subject.

However keep in mind that there are no guarantees with the consular offices.

Best of luck!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

MY SUGGESTION

1) I can not tell you about what is the best visa for you. I think since you are not married it is the 129-F visa.

2) It takes a long time for processing. Be prepared. Not six months. That is a dream. Think more like 1 year.

3) You DO NOT NEED A LAWYER. Your lawyer is not speaking the truth about the time taking only 6 months. A lawyer has no control over how long the government takes on your immigration case. All your fiance needs to do is download the forms from the USCIS and follow the instructions carefully. If she is unsure about how to do them, come to this website and ask questions.

4) Express mail is good, FedEx...But that does not make the USCIS (the Immigration Department) go any faster.

5) You should list your LIVING ADDRESS when doing the forms. Your fiance can be your "registered agent" for any mail that you need to get from the USCIS. The USCIS mails them to her, then she mails them to you.

This is the preferred way for foreign fiances and spouses to get mail from USCIS if there are problems with post in the foreign country.

Edited by Nutty

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

welcome :)

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to wish you luck.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I also think the K-1 is more appropriate in your situation, but only you can make the final decision. Regardless of which one you choose, IMHO its best you start building up some face to face time well before you file. We all feel very strongly about out fiance(e)s/spouses. Many of us met online and carried on a long relationship via the internet and phone. We know the deep connection you speak about. But that doesnt mean much to a consulate. Phone records, chat logs, and emails are helpful supporting evidence, but they are not a solid foundation for any sort of visa. It is in your best interest to visit one another and accumulate more concrete evidence to present for your case. I might also add, meeting face to face it important to building your relationship. There's a great deal you learn about one another from carrying on a LDR, when all you can do to spend time together is talk. But you need to know what its like to actually be around someone, even if its in a vacation-like setting. Even though visiting one another is expensive, its well worth it.

As for a lawyer, I would say nix. Unless youve got some red flags that you think will cause problems, you guys should be okay filing on your own. No lawyer can guarantee processing time, that is completely out of their hands. They can lean on USCIS for being slow or uncooperative, but they cannot force USCIS to chuck out an approval just because you've been waiting a long time. If you guys feel like you're in over your head on the paper work and have some problems that you feel may jeopardize the visa, consult a lawyer by all means. But IMO, lawyers are better for stepping in and hitting USCIS with a big stick when there's a problem, not for carrying out routine paperwork. There are many resources on VJ to help you in filling out forms and filing for the visa.

Just my $.02.

In any event, welcome to VJ, we're glad to have you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

About Lawyers.....

I have few friends who are lawyers and all say that if an immigration lawyer gives a time frame for processing an immigration that it ALMOST goes against the code of ethics.

Of course, a lawyer can give an estimate (a guess) basically on how long it will take. But they can not sell or promise their services with a guarentee of a time frame.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi everyone, im really glad i found this site and i should thank u a million time for ur lovely welcome , i just need to tell u more about my situation

1- many of u advised us to meet several times before proceding all this well we simply cant , it is really hard financialy and she doesnt hav any days off well actualy she had to change her job cz her stupid selfish boss refused to give her any times off( well after saying yes to give her 7days in april he just come back the next day to say that he cant and that if she really needs it he will give her 5 or 4 days during july )do u believe that she worked with that company for 4years she had everything on her sholder, week after week he make her work sunday or saturday and since we decided to meet in april we took the decision to find another job and we were so lucky, and the new boss accepted to give her that time off in april but no other time off during this year so as u can see we will hav to wait another year to see each other again plus it is really expensive the flight ticket can get over 1800$

2- u all advised us to go with the K1 visa well we dont hav enough proves , we didnt send each other emails we only used direct chat , and we lost many of that chat record, she cant call me cz of that stupid phone company, i call her it is expensive but im ok with it the thing is that i just knew that the phone company wont give her any information about it they said only the court can ask us to extract phone records, we didnt send each other letters or gifts it is really frustrating and we r so stressed

we r getting married in april wtever happen and by god blessing it will work out i dont care either we will live here ,there or even on mars im extremly in love with her and she feels the same and that is wt counts

take to u soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Welcome to visajourney, and dont forget to read the Guides

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome to VJ :thumbs:

I also want to tell you you dont need a lawyer, I hired a lawyer and he told me 30 days to 3 mo. And after 2 years were still waiting. My husband and I did marry 8 days after meeting face to face. And were still in love just heart broken from this long delay of being apart. I gess you just need to do some resurch and find out what is best for you and Wendi. Good luck on your journey and in witch ever path you choose to take I hope it is a short path.

Cheryl & Medo

Untitled.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.