WHsoulmates

hi there , we r new in here :-)

41 posts in this topic

hi everyone, im really glad i found this site and i should thank u a million time for ur lovely welcome , i just need to tell u more about my situation

1- many of u advised us to meet several times before proceding all this well we simply cant , it is really hard financialy and she doesnt hav any days off well actualy she had to change her job cz her stupid selfish boss refused to give her any times off( well after saying yes to give her 7days in april he just come back the next day to say that he cant and that if she really needs it he will give her 5 or 4 days during july )do u believe that she worked with that company for 4years she had everything on her sholder, week after week he make her work sunday or saturday and since we decided to meet in april we took the decision to find another job and we were so lucky, and the new boss accepted to give her that time off in april but no other time off during this year so as u can see we will hav to wait another year to see each other again plus it is really expensive the flight ticket can get over 1800$

2- u all advised us to go with the K1 visa well we dont hav enough proves , we didnt send each other emails we only used direct chat , and we lost many of that chat record, she cant call me cz of that stupid phone company, i call her it is expensive but im ok with it the thing is that i just knew that the phone company wont give her any information about it they said only the court can ask us to extract phone records, we didnt send each other letters or gifts it is really frustrating and we r so stressed

we r getting married in april wtever happen and by god blessing it will work out i dont care either we will live here ,there or even on mars im extremly in love with her and she feels the same and that is wt counts

take to u soon

We can all understand the difficulty and expense involved, its true for every single one of us. I had to save for a year before I could afford to go see my fiance for the first time, all while getting laid off, finding and new job, and fighting for time off. Its never easy to plan an overseas trip.

No matter whether you choose the K-1 or the K-3, you still need proof of relationhip. It would be sad to see you file without having sufficient evidence for your case and set yourself up for a denial. Im not by any means saying you're certain for a denial, but you are putting yourself in a precarious situation without a little backup at hand.

We also lost a great deal of chat and email logs halfway through our LDR because of a computer crash. These things happen, you just build up more logs over time. You may wish to try using a calling card to help 1) cut phone bills and 2) have phone logs. I recommend www.idt.net we've used them for over 2 years and Im very pleased with their prices and service. Their phone logs are accesible via the internet and came in very handy for our case. And its never too late to build up your correspondence. You dont necessarily have to send each other giant care packages, simple postcards and letters do just fine to show you keep a constant stream of communication. I even used postcards I got from my mother-in-law for our supporting evidence.

Whatever you decide, I urge you to use the time wisely between now and your first visit together. Both you and your fiance can benefit from the advice and the guides on this website. It can help to reduce the stress of the process, when you both understand what's going on and what you can expect in the future. I know Im not the only one whose spouse/fiance had alot of trouble understand what on earth all this paper was for, and it got very stressful at times. So take advantage of this time for both of you to build up your knowledge of the process, so you can hit the ground running when you're ready to file.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi there,im extremely happy u replayed on my posted message, well i was talking with my future wife ( so happy to say it :-) ) my cute lovely wendi and we set a plan we will start sending letters ( i guess it will be funny ) and she just told me that she had a deal with the phone company ( she will be able to call me 1.64 the min :-( expensive but better than nothing ) and we will be able to get calls record since now :-);-) and i will try to find a deal with my phone company to do the same

i will try to get back some of the lost chat record using some extracting programs it will be hard but i will try

i will print all the txts she sent to my phone ( i hav around 60 loaded ) and we will get more and her family will help us alot cz they all know about me and she is living with them since 4months now and they will do the affidavit so it will be really helpful :-):-) wt do u think

our big issue now is that she is living with her family and we decided to hav our own place cz we thought it will be more appropriate to say that we hav our own place, but the rental is really expensive and she doesnt want to live by herself until i get there , and i dont want her to so any advises about this ??????,

hi there,im extremely happy u replayed on my posted message, well i was talking with my future wife ( so happy to say it :-) ) my cute lovely wendi and we set a plan we will start sending letters ( i guess it will be funny ) and she just told me that she had a deal with the phone company ( she will be able to call me 1.64 the min :-( expensive but better than nothing ) and we will be able to get calls record since now :-);-) and i will try to find a deal with my phone company to do the same

i will try to get back some of the lost chat record using some extracting programs it will be hard but i will try

i will print all the txts she sent to my phone ( i hav around 60 loaded ) and we will get more and her family will help us alot cz they all know about me and she is living with them since 4months now and they will do the affidavit so it will be really helpful :-):-) wt do u think

our big issue now is that she is living with her family and we decided to hav our own place cz we thought it will be more appropriate to say that we hav our own place, but the rental is really expensive and she doesnt want to live by herself until i get there , and i dont want her to so any advises about this ??????,

I lived with my aunt right up until my husband got his visa. He had his interview in October, I think, and I moved into my own place in December, and then he arrived in February. I dont really think having my own place or staying with relatives would have affected the interview outcome either way. I think they are more interested in whether or not the sponsor(s) meet the 125% of the poverty line on the affidavit.

I looked up the rates for Tunisa on idt http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/gc/defau...vat=&name=t and its about 47 cents a minute. Not cheap, but looks like less than you guys are paying now. I was ripping through $100 to $150 bucks a month in overseas calls before my husband got here, so I know how fast it can rack up. Its nice to have that money go a little farther so you can talk longer.

Enjoy the letters, they are always a treat, IMO. Its like getting a surprise package in the mail and just makes your whole day brighter when you get a little something from your honey. I used to buy special stationery and spray it with my perfume to write letters to my husband. It seems a bit old fashioned, but its a nice change of pace and helps you stay creative with an LDR.

Good luck and tell your fiance to come visit VJ, too! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Actuallu with a K1 you CANNOT work right when you come here so that was a mis-statement. Essentially K1 is the exact same as K3 except for the fact is you are married and not just engaged.....so they can't call it a "fiance visa". Other than being married there is no difference. The CR1/IR1 visa is much different. You have to be married to file for it, it is a permanent resident visa, as the K visas are not. With the CR1/IR1 visa you can work when you arrive and the visa is good for 2 years before you reapply.

There's alot to learn with the differences and pros and cons on the options in visas. I suggest you read up on some of the other forums that are visa specific. Also read the guides and the Immigration Timelines at the top of the page to get a good idea of just how long certain visas are taking to get out of Tunsia. I do believe that the K1 visa is faster all around....yet you cannot be married, and Wendi will definitely have to come visit you at least once. Proving to USCIS that you have a legit relationship may be quite difficult if you have never met in person. Although from your description of your relationship you two sound very genuine and sweet.

Good luck to you and just pray about what is the best for the two of you between God. Try not to let others path and journeys dictate your own.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most K1s coming through JFK can still get the temporary 90 work authorization stamp and can, in fact, work right away. My now husband did. :)

WHSoulmates welcome to Visa Journey!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Actuallu with a K1 you CANNOT work right when you come here so that was a mis-statement.

Not true. K-1's are authorized to work for the first 90 days incident to their status. All they need is an SSN. Now whether or not an employer will pitch a fit over having enough documentation is another matter. We had a mess of documents from the SSA and were able to get Ahmed short-term work right after arrival, even without his SSN.

And as sara mentions, you can get the stamp from JFK. This tends to make employers feel more secure about hiring a K-1

Timeline

hi everyone, how r u doing, we r so honnored to be a menber in this site ( well we concider ouselfs as one :-) ) and ur help and advises r really great, we feel more secure and less stressed cz now we know that we r surundered by kind people who r living the same situation as us, and questions never ends we r still building a large detailled idea about the whole procedure so we wondered if u would help us with this :

1-the 125% they r talking about in the I-134 is it after or before taxes were taken?

2-the fact that she still lives with her parent would it affect our chances to get approved?

3-she got her divorce lately (early january) but she was separated of her X along time before that ( just when i met her) and we can prove it ( only through phone txts and chat record) would this be a weakness for our case ?

4- i thought about filling the forms once we will meet so that we can do it together and check it together ( and specialy to be able to write my name and my adress in arabic cz she cant do it )do u think it is a good idea?

5-our mariage would be so simple (no parties no big ceremony just doing the needed paper work and may be a launch or dinner with my family and some friend) do u think they will be ok with it ?

thanks a million for every one who shared or would share his knowledge with us

talk to u soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Again welcome but you need to step back and take a look at your current situation, if u do the K! to marry here you have to meet, you still have only known a few months and need this trip, you will need some proofs of meeting, pictures etc. We all fight the money situation and it is hard on all of us but it just takes time and money and this time allows you to gather this proof. If you do the cr1 or k3 and you marry on the first and only visit how do u feel the interviewer will look at this? still short time to know especially to marry someone you have never met and have not history with except a few hours on the computer. They frown on this quick meeting/marriages,and it seems you are rushing into alot very quickly, they will see this also. This is a long process, and it is hard is it better to take your time and do the steps correctly and have a good chance to obtain the visa or to hurry into it rushing the steps only to be denied and returned, then you wait again to refile and start all over takeing even longer. Step back and look from the interviewers eyes.......As for the forms you need to sign, she can fill and send to you to sign or you can sign and send back here then she can fill

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with Brnid. You are worrying about things way off in the future instead of the details you need to tend to first. No matter how in love you feel now, you need to meet in person before you can do anything. While of course we hope everything works according to your plans, people have met in person and stopped the relationship because who you are in person (habits and mannerisims for example, watching how you interact with others) are things that cannot be seen in chat.

Once you have met, she can return to the USA and begin the paperwork. The K3 requires more proof of relationship (from what I understand from those who used it) because you are married and expected to know more. You say you want to be together as soon as possible, but you are not listening to anyone who is telling you, the K1 is faster, requires a little less work (there appears to be extra forms and fees that the K1 does not require) and on the off chance that something happens along the way (they may turn up something in the background investigations) it is easier to end an engagement than a marriage. Also one of the hardest parts of coming over here is waiting for the ability to work. Many men come over here and then cannot work for months and it is very hard on the relationship. With the K3 you can apply for the work authorization but who knows when it will arrive. With K1 you can work approx 90 days after you arrive and get your social security card. My husband was also one that went to work about 2 weeks after arriving. It could take 3 months or more to get your work authorization on a k3.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just trying to help you see reality. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I agree with Brnid. You are worrying about things way off in the future instead of the details you need to tend to first. No matter how in love you feel now, you need to meet in person before you can do anything. While of course we hope everything works according to your plans, people have met in person and stopped the relationship because who you are in person (habits and mannerisims for example, watching how you interact with others) are things that cannot be seen in chat.

Once you have met, she can return to the USA and begin the paperwork. The K3 requires more proof of relationship (from what I understand from those who used it) because you are married and expected to know more. You say you want to be together as soon as possible, but you are not listening to anyone who is telling you, the K1 is faster, requires a little less work (there appears to be extra forms and fees that the K1 does not require) and on the off chance that something happens along the way (they may turn up something in the background investigations) it is easier to end an engagement than a marriage. Also one of the hardest parts of coming over here is waiting for the ability to work. Many men come over here and then cannot work for months and it is very hard on the relationship. With the K3 you can apply for the work authorization but who knows when it will arrive. With K1 you can work approx 90 days after you arrive and get your social security card. My husband was also one that went to work about 2 weeks after arriving. It could take 3 months or more to get your work authorization on a k3.

I'm not trying to discourage you, just trying to help you see reality. Good luck with whatever you choose.

:thumbs:

My husband just got here recently on a K1 visa.

He got a temp EAD at JFK, we got married right away, got a SSN 2 weeks later, applied for AOS, and he started working within 3 weeks. He is still able to work until middle of March and his biometrics is the begining of Febuary. There is a good chance he won't have to stop work for very long between the two EADs. Not as good as CR-1 or IR-1, but much better than a K-3. If it is a decission between the K-1 and K-3... I believe, given what I've seen on the boards, that K-1 is easier and faster.

Just my $.02

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

hi everyone, thank u for ur replays, well i guess that many of u r on the K1 visa team, well if we chose the K3 it wasnt just like that but i think we analysed the situation really well:

my love can visit me only once a year and every one here is advising me that we should see each other as much as possible so wt if we cant, shall we wait 3 years to begin processing just to see each other 3times even for 2 years it will be so hard

regardless every other thing and logicly wt is more solid and serious 2 people who r welling to get married or 2 people who already took that step

in front of the interviewer we will be abit weak cz it will appear like we took our decision abit fast but anyway we r married there is a bond between us that will keep us together, in our situation it will be just another prove that we r really serious , if u take the step to apply for a K1 or a K3 it means that both of u r already sure about urself so u cant just say u will need time to know each other well, we already know each other even more than everyone of us know himself

we r simply soulmates and our marriage is really important for us regardless the immigration process, we want to be together as husband and wife, we already feel it ( u may say it is silly but we really do ) we just need it official,

when i check the timeline of many of the k1 applier here it turns out that it is the same timeline of the k3 even longer in some cases

and every one is telling us about that work permit well as i read K1 and k3 r the same when it comes to that, u say if and only if u enter the us through the jfk they will give u that 90days work permit wt if i dont enter the us through that airoport , and wt is this urge about getting a work and saying that it will be hard if he didnt work for 3 months wt if he just got sick and didnt work wt if he couldnt find one will u be upset will u say ohh i didnt thought it is this hard

i can take enough money with me to pass those 3 or 4 months to help my baby in everyday spending and plus we talked about and she doesnt hav any problem with that ,no one of us has children so it is cool, any one will need some time to adopt him self it will be hard if u will be pushy about getting hm a job since he get there im not saying every one of ur husband should stay at home claiming that he is just adopting himself but anyone will need some time

wt everyone of us should ask for is luck

allah guideness and help

to be honest and open with each other

to be sure and determinated

and then everything will be ok

she is my reality and my dream she is my reason and my purpose, the first thing i see each morning the last thing i see each night, she gave me wings when i wasnt even able to walk, she is the light when i couldnt see through the dark

she is my shelter my all and i will be forever by her side no matter wt

thank u all for reading wt i typed i may be feeling down but i wont show it to my baby cz she doesnt deserve to see me thsi way and i know for sure that i will feel better the min i will see her fabilous cute face , thsi moment of weakness wont last longer im strong cz she makes me strong and i will make sure i will be strong forever

see u soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.